Sabato De Sarno - Designer, Creative Director of Gucci

Omg, the thing with the nails like if it was a TikTok video made by a shitfluencer 🤣

Dyingggggg! Gucci new marketing is gold. Whoever is in charge, I’m your fan! It’s like it literally can’t be done worse. He or she has in mind destroying this brand and I’m here to witness it all. 🤣

Edit: Okay, I was too excited. It was by showstudio. How ridiculous.

Anyways, I still feel the same about Gucci’s marketing.

Last edited:
LONDRA.png

Gucci's graphical sense has been soo off. The text lock up looks horrible hate the combination and scale is so big it looks cheap.
Can't wait to hear the reason to justify choosing London. Probably something with the Savoy and Guccio Gucci blah blah.
Excited for tomorrow!

Why don’t they stop with the f***** monogram? It’s the ugliest logo in the world of fashion, so burnt that screams CHEAP. They want to elevate the brand yet all they do is shoving that ugly monogram in our faces. That red, even if it’s a beautiful shade, is not helping either.

They burnt the brand with Michele. They had no limits, they were so unapologetically greedy, and they are paying the consecuences. I’m happy because this will be, for sure, an example for future CEOs of how to not run a business.

They need to redo the image as soon as possible, but first, they should be a little bit of time out of the spotlight. Stop the 1000 campaigns per minute, the tik toks and the “follow me on Instagram”, stop the unnecessary cruise in London. Just disappear for two seasons and hire someone new.

The latest news/internal rumblings straight from London and Milan HQ is that september he will be fired /out, let go.

time will tell i guess, maybe the new person is coming /free by that time for a show in jan /feb
I wonder if they will forget the Ancora aesthetic once they get rid of SdS. I am sure they have been testing designers for the past few months and probably, the new one will start even sooner than announced (something that already happened recently in another brand: the new and the previous designer were working for the company at the same time without the former being aware 🫢).

Changing the packaging is not a huge cost, so I would totally go for it. I’d even redo the logo.

I think they need a 2003/4 vibe. Something easy and sexy, but luxurious. The thing is that there’s literally no one that can do Gucci atm. And after this debacle, it will be hard for them to find someone that would accept the role.

Kering is full of nobodies and has-beens.

And I don't like the fact that they are not even brave enough to take the financial and creative risks.
Going all in with Sabato's vision at least. Everything in the past 6 months have been "Ancora" "Minimal" "Quiet Luxury" and you go to the new in section and it's all the same stuff big logos, bright colours and monogram. It clearly shows they are not convinced in the vision itself. If they don't believe in it then why would anyone even care? The logo and the brand means nothing today in all context it's just empty products with some marketing. It takes a lot of courage and risks to to a 180 direction, they did it before with Michele but no balls to do it this time with de Sarno.

The latest news/internal rumblings straight from London and Milan HQ is that september he will be fired /out, let go.
purrrrrrrr i feel like doing a lil dance now

SUFni.gif

And I don't like the fact that they are not even brave enough to take the financial and creative risks.
Going all in with Sabato's vision at least. Everything in the past 6 months have been "Ancora" "Minimal" "Quiet Luxury" and you go to the new in section and it's all the same stuff big logos, bright colours and monogram. It clearly shows they are not convinced in the vision itself. If they don't believe in it then why would anyone even care? The logo and the brand means nothing today in all context it's just empty products with some marketing. It takes a lot of courage and risks to to a 180 direction, they did it before with Michele but no balls to do it this time with de Sarno.
Exactly, I feel like Sds is just a "victim" of Gucci. They say they are elevating the brand, yet they hire Bad Bunny for the cheapest luggage campaign ever seen. They want to go to the quite luxury thing and the Gucci Ancora image, but they end up producing super logo-ed pieces. It literally makes no sense. I do feel sorry for Sds tbh, because his reputation is on the ground and I am quite sure it's not entirely his fault (even if I have zero sympathy towards him after the "cum in my heart" post, lol).

And I know this will never happen, but I think the only safe bet (business-wise at least) would've been Hedi.

The only real Creative Directors left are him and JW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->