Sabato De Sarno - Designer, Creative Director of Gucci

Did you guys see that abomination of a look in the Cannes festival with the famous Alessandro Michele (and hideous) GG belt in ancora red and the platform loafers?

Every move they make is worse than the previous one. I love it.

I know Tom Ford is very classy, but I would love to know his honest thoughts about SdS.

Btw, his Instagram is so funny, it’s like he is a fan of himself. I’d feel embarrassed publishing articles about me in my own Instagram. I think designers should not have a public Instagram. It cheapens the whole aura of the designer.

The captions: “everything ❤️”, “stubborn”, one week to go,❤️ Gucci is a feeling. ❤️How old are you? 14? Serious eeewwwww.

“My fashion lies in capturing the extraordinary where the ordinary is expected” 🤮 He quotes himself. And he thinks he is capturing something extraordinary. I don’t know what’s worse. What’s extraordinary about your work my dear?

Last edited:
Did you guys see that abomination of a look in the Cannes festival with the famous Alessandro Michele (and hideous) GG belt in ancora red and the platform loafers?

Every move they make is worse than the previous one. I love it.

I know Tom Ford is very classy, but I would love to know his honest thoughts about SdS.

Btw, his Instagram is so funny, it’s like he is a fan of himself. I’d feel embarrassed publishing articles about me in my own Instagram. I think designers should not have a public Instagram. It cheapens the whole aura of the designer.

The captions: “everything ❤️”, “stubborn”, one week to go,❤️ Gucci is a feeling. ❤️How old are you? 14? Serious eeewwwww.

“My fashion lies in capturing the extraordinary where the ordinary is expected” 🤮 He quotes himself. And he thinks he is capturing something extraordinary. I don’t know what’s worse. What’s extraordinary about your work my dear?
1715945393208.png
what's left of gucci : gg belt and horsebit loafers and lots of ancora red 🙈

This is the problem when you don't hire / consult with external (non-Italian) PR and Communications teams. Unfortunately the Italian Gucci Communications team must think this is "charming" and "cool" when he lets loose on socials, but when an English speaker reads this, of course it's going to be cringe. It just doesn't translate to the Western market.

The company really is a disaster at the moment - from top to bottom. Even the PR / Communications strategy behind him is failing. They can't even turn Sabato into a charming and charismatic designer, and god knows they should know how to.

I expect his last show to be September and a new designer to be appointed in time for a March 2025 debut. As crazy as it sounds, but probably Pierpaolo? His Valentino (especially early days when he went solo) is exactly the kind of aesthetic that Gucci was hoping for when they hired Sabato. Unfortunately he couldn't deliver that aristocratic chic that Kering thought he would, so I can only assume Pierpaolo would be next on their list of designers. His non-compete will be over by then...

This is the problem when you don't hire / consult with external (non-Italian) PR and Communications teams. Unfortunately the Italian Gucci Communications team must think this is "charming" and "cool" when he lets loose on socials, but when an English speaker reads this, of course it's going to be cringe. It just doesn't translate to the Western market.

The company really is a disaster at the moment - from top to bottom. Even the PR / Communications strategy behind him is failing. They can't even turn Sabato into a charming and charismatic designer, and god knows they should know how to.

I expect his last show to be September and a new designer to be appointed in time for a March 2025 debut. As crazy as it sounds, but probably Pierpaolo? His Valentino (especially early days when he went solo) is exactly the kind of aesthetic that Gucci was hoping for when they hired Sabato. Unfortunately he couldn't deliver that aristocratic chic that Kering thought he would, so I can only assume Pierpaolo would be next on their list of designers. His non-compete will be over by then...
what do you expect when the PR / Communications strategy behind him is failing if the person in charge for it has come as well from Valentino : Alessio Vannetti (prior at gucci with Alessandro for the first years but Alessandro had a vision like it or not so the job was easier to tell a story )

Pierpaolo is not on the list he has same problem as Sabato no clear story no new development in acc to drive sales , rtw lux aristocratic image is not enough for product excitement pushing hard core sales, issue is no novelty in image and product.

you have also a new ceo and co ceo they will have other ideas than Rome circle jerk between valentino and gucci recycling of recent years of team members.

1715945393208.png

what's left of gucci : gg belt and horsebit loafers and lots of ancora red 🙈
my God, poor Lily Gladstone, RIP to her toes :(

it is possible I have been shadowbanned by Sabato ? I have not even been THAT mean.
I couldn't find his IG anywhere so just thought his page was deleted.

This is next level bad for a Pre-Fall collection. Seriously, what does he do all day in those Gucci offices? This looks like it was generated by AI in under 30 seconds using an algorithm? I'm so confused. Kering hired the supposed "best" talent there is out there in terms of designers, and this is what they came up with? Wow. I am shooketh. And not in a good way.

Alessandro will absolutely annihilate this guy within one season in terms of sales revenue and media adoration.

786431_XKD2P_1152_002_100_0000_Light-Extra-fine-rib-wool-and-silk-cardigan.jpg
788823_XDCXM_4011_002_100_0000_Light-Denim-cropped-pant.jpg
792344_ZAM7G_9082_002_100_0000_Light-GG-linen-blend-canvas-jacket.jpg
786389_ZAM7G_9082_002_100_0000_Light-GG-linen-blend-canvas-pant.jpg
GUCCI

This is next level bad for a Pre-Fall collection. Seriously, what does he do all day in those Gucci offices? This looks like it was generated by AI in under 30 seconds using an algorithm? I'm so confused. Kering hired the supposed "best" talent there is out there in terms of designers, and this is what they came up with? Wow. I am shooketh. And not in a good way.

Alessandro will absolutely annihilate this guy within one season in terms of sales revenue and media adoration.

View attachment 1271692
View attachment 1271693
View attachment 1271694
View attachment 1271695
GUCCI

I don't think they hire the best designers, in many cases, Milano is not only pretty white but also very Italian
They are excluding a huge pool of designers and would only hire talents that can speak Italian
The design teams/ factories usually communicate in Italian in meetings and why would they make an exception for an outsider?
Relocation and Visa also cost money from a business perspective
I don't think it's a race thing tho, just the reality

I still remember this, when your design staffs aren't happy where they're working, I doubt you will get satisfied yummy products
(Let's not forget some people view fashion as a 9-5 job, not a dream, they have a normal life outside of the fashion bubble)

Chanel factory people complained too, hence the quality...

Wow at the Prefall!💀 I’m shocked. Why would they even fire Alessandro if they keep doing the same cheap merch? If you are gonna keep doing that why not have the original?

I’m impressed by the level of cheapness. It’s all logos. Why the f****ng ancora thing? Who are they trying to fool?

Last edited:
I don't think they hire the best designers, in many cases, Milano is not only pretty white but also very Italian
They are excluding a huge pool of designers and would only hire talents that can speak Italian
The design teams/ factories usually communicate in Italian in meetings and why would they make an exception for an outsider?
Relocation and Visa also cost money from a business perspective
I don't think it's a race thing tho, just the reality
In luxury, these kind of costs are nothing. They could hire two people that translate and that would make make a difference of 8K per month. It’s nothing for them.

I think they really thought he was going to be the next best thing.

Edit: I know someone that is French who used to be a top manager gor Gucci, and he didn’t speak any Italian at the beginning… For Spanish, Portuguese and French people it’s quite easy to learn Italian.

View attachment 1271692
View attachment 1271693
View attachment 1271694
View attachment 1271695
GUCCI
this is one of the worst things i've ever seen in my life.. sabato de sarno is such a stupid bastard. i'd love to smack that smug bastard look off his face

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gxsd
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->