Saint Laurent Mens S/S 2016 Paris

This is like an LA/Curt Kobain "cliché" version of his 2005 spring Dior Homme collection.
At this point, i don't know what to think about Saint Laurent anymore. Hedi doesn't seem to be interested in Yves Saint Laurent, the history of the brand or anything linked to the brand.

Some good looks, some bad looks. I hate the fringes!
It's one thing to do retro. Yves was a "retro designer" but he did pushed it forward. This is just looking like something we have seen many times...

And the womenswear? Too Anna Sui circa 1993 for me. Nothing Saint Laurent about it.
But i'm sure it was an entertaining show. He is a showman.

SAINT LAURENT SURF SOUND COLLECTION / A TRIBUTE TO CONTEMPORARY CALIFORNIAN SURF MUSIC CULTURE
SAINT LAURENT COLLECTION XIX JUNE 28TH 2015
SWIMMERS ‘LIKE HARRY DEAN STANTON’ ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK FOR SAINT LAURENT / RECORDED IN OAKLAND, JUNE 2015
"TOUT CE QUE JE DIS ET TOUT CE QUE JE VEUX, EST TROUVER CE QUE JE SUIS. ICI JE RESTE SEUL AVEC MES CHEVEUX LONGS DU MATIN, JUSQU'À MINUIT"
INVITATION ARTWORK BY BILLY AL BENGSTON
BILLY AL BENGSTON IS AN ICONIC POP CULTURE PAINTER, CERAMIST AND SCULPTOR. HE WAS PART OF THE FAMED ‘FERUS GALLERY’. HE LIVES AND WORKS IN VENICE BEACH, CALIFORNIA. SINCE A YOUNG AGE, HE HAS SURFED AND BEEN AN HISTORIC ACTIVIST OF THE SURF SUBCULTURE IN THE U.S.
COURTESY OF THE ARTIST AND SAMUEL FREEMAN GALLERY ALL ARTWORK © BILLY AL BENGSTON
SPECIAL THANKS TO : COLE AND MAX BECKER FROM SWIMMERS / DYLAN BROSNAN / JULIA CUMMING / JACK KILMER / KLARA KRISTIN / CHARLIE OLDMAN / LUCIA RIBISI / WYATT AND FLETCHER SHEARS / COLE SMITH

facebook.com/ysl

Love the slouchy nineties fit of the jackets. This is like a luxe version of the dude from the Big Lebowski. Heck this is like a cooler version of what I generally wear. I'd buy the **** out of a lot of this

Initially Hedi's YSL had some shock value , but since Gucci stole its buzz and modjo, the clothes don't have that excitement about them.
It looks like an H&M divided or Topman seasonal collection. There are some nice pieces, but over all its incredibly redundant and has no depth. I don't think
Hedi even tries anymore.

Some womenswear is cute. Some menswear is cute too (just the bombers with the USA flag and the waves...). :ninja: Some boys were cute too. :ninja: But I agree it lost the cool factor now that Gucci is so hyped.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I feel the same way!. Not excusing the repetitive inspiration that Hedi is constant on pursuing because I'm over it, its dead. But I do enjoy the clothing and styling, its understandable why this sales.

The kind of clothes that are available at any vintage or thrift store around the country. At extremely reasonable prices as well. Ridiculous.

But I agree it lost the cool factor now that Gucci is so hyped.

And Gucci will lose it cool factor because they are following Slimane.
Once the revolution is done, if there is no evolution, people get bored.

This collection is not bad but it's just another Saint Laurent collection. And i'm afraid it will be the same with Gucci after 2-3 years of making vintage clothes.

The kind of clothes that are available at any vintage or thrift store around the country. At extremely reasonable prices as well. Ridiculous.

Exactly! I was thinking the same thing.

I won't say that it's hideous, because I do buy some Saint Laurent accessories and clothes (when they're heavily discounted) but it's so sad to see what has happened to this house. His first couple of collections did have some sort of direction, but now it's clear that they're now solely about making a profit.

He doesn't even reinterpret them or anything. They literally look like they were just taken off a rack at a thrift store. It's baffling, honestly.

I feel like this is worse than usual... usually, SLP collections have more than a strong whiff of teen-ness to them. This time around, it's downright childish. Like a tiny little boy playing dress-up in his parents' closet.

lol i don't know what i was even expecting.

do i like the black babydoll dresses with sheer details? well yes, i've been wearing this kind of dresses forever. does it excite me to see them on a runway? lol, no.

and the menswear... there's not a single saving look here. might as well had the kids walk the runway in their everyday clothes, probably would've looked better. there's usually a few good looking outfits in his mens collections, but none of this is even remotely interesting

Look everyone, his target audience is directed at pretty much every guy on the west coast of the United States than it is about the dapper British, suave French, desperado Italian or business-casual NYC guy. This collection is solid in the sun with the sand than it is anywhere else.

Got an issue with it? Oh well, there's next season or look at one of the past seasons.

I know Hedi loves the whole adolescent skid row rock kids who wear vintage and are broke, but his clothes just seem like they're made for rich poser wannabes. I don't care how well made this stuff supposedly is, you could probably get something from a vintage shop for a cheaper price and you will look more authentic. I'm sick of these designers making these literal vintage reproductions, it's 2015 not 1975

Sorry, not sorry but I actually love it! I would totally put my eyes on a guy who wears something like that. At first I didn't get Hedi's appeal but I'm slowly starting to dig his youthful but vintage inspired vision.

Overpriced Topman x Urban Outfitter and all other cool street brands.

i much prefer the womenswear

i find those shoes hilarious though, they're purposefully dirty?!! :lol: some major fashion victim would have to buy that. i hate the womens shoes, like doc martens...eugh

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adam90
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->