Saint Laurent S/S 2021 Paris

I had somewhat higher expectations and although this is not bad, it's far too Slimane and I honestly prefered his S/S 2015...

Nothing here grabs my eye and many silhouettes are just unflattering.

I'm only disappointed we couldn't get some spectacular runway images from the catwalk.

Other than that I would say YSL had the best socially distance runway of S/S 2021 :lol:.

cacf4f0b-8e89-4116-b59d-11416a1932ef_text_hi.gif

maybe if this was a pre-collection it would've been ok, but for a show collection this is extremely bland

uhh I like it. dont have time to watch the video. but finally someone with clear images where I can see the clothes. I love the silhouettes.very sexy. I never not liked Vaccarello

I think this is pretty good looking. The clothes look expensive and gorgeously made. They’re referential, yet timeless looking and also current all at the same time. They’re photographed really well. The cast put in the work. Good work.

The video is fun, too, but I think the lookbook is strong enough on its own.

After stunning F/W 2020 collection, I have such high hope and expectation for Anthony to continue that route. But this collection just leave me cold, it's too "Barney" department store merchandise. It's show skin for the sake of being sexy but there is no allure, no mystery to it. This scream more pre-collection than main one. The show location is beautiful but I don't like the music and a first with an Anthony show.

After stunning F/W 2020 collection, I have such high hope and expectation for Anthony to continue that route. But this collection just leave me cold, it's too "Barney" department store merchandise. It's show skin for the sake of being sexy but there is no allure, no mystery to it. This scream more pre-collection than main one. The show location is beautiful but I don't like the music and a first with an Anthony show.

Loving your detailed critiques on this forum @THD96 !

I definitely agree it's an empty feeling collection considering they has SO much time to prepare and present the collection (Or maybe they had already finished earlier and decided to present it closer to when it's released to the retailers). Although I admire the late 60's/early 70's reference and even the casting, there's really not much substance...that being said, still far better than most S/S 21 collections.

Somehow the Collection (which is nice in a commercial, easy way) and the show don't make sense to me. Why are they walking in the desert? I would have understood if the collection had more of a fluid quality to it, more in the vein of the printed flowery dress, but all those black suits? It made me think of a Jaquemus show but without the easy charm. The lookbook makes more sense but also shows how calculated all of it is.

Anthony sure knows how to put on a show. That was quite spectacular!
6.jpg
swellstyleblog.wordpress.com

Cardin of course was first, but ysl show is more mysterious.
Some silhouettes are interesting, but this show literally describe why i don't like comtemporary fashion. He connects high fashion clothes with boring/trendy stuff (mini bag on hips, sport leggins - should be only show in shop) and i am feelling something is missing here. If you organizes beautiful show on desert, why you not inspired Arab or the Maghreb culture, for example models with veils or turbans in Touareges tribe style.

Anthony and Hedi are effortlessly coming through with the visuals. And putting all the photographers/CDs/editors/Vogues to utter shame with how effortless and supremely epic, but still relevant to the times, with their presentations. God— this presentation is so simple and so stunning--thankfully free of gimmicks: The English Patient trekking through the desert, under The Sheltering Sky, complete with a ascending, swoonworthy soundtrack to complete the epic :weeps:… And a phalanx of young women dressed like women— not children. The designs aren’t anything extraordinary or new, but who gives AF; just timeless, classic YSL covetable, and will likely look even better as separates in the shops.

I'm a fan! I love the small nods and references to Yves's collections from the 70s ( the gold bralette is beautiful), the desert theme and the flowing silhouettes. Nice to see the clothes in motion as opposed to a classic runway setting. I could do without the shorts but overall a strong collection in my opinion. I've really come to appreciate Anthony's aesthetic in the last couple of seasons.

This screams Yves. French luxury and sexuality - only Yves does French Sexy. That multi pocket peak lapel tuxedo jacket is STUNNING.

That sequin jumpsuit with shorts and bow is also devastatingly chic and so modern.

It’s good, it’s chic but also very generic...
I feel like with YSL, it’s an endless re-run. I wish designers tried more or even pushed themselves more when referencing Yves, even more when it’s at his own house.

The references are known, expected, already digested and oh so much marketable. It’s too obvious for my taste. I think the latex of the FW really added a new twist to that already recycled symphony but there’s nothing here...

I feel like apart from Stefano and Tom, nobody really challenged their POV in Yves’s work.

But this collection is very Rive Gauche and the visual are as always very well executed. But I’m very much underwhelmed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->