"Searching Siberia" Documentary follows IMG scouts in Russia

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone else seen this movie? The movie follows IMG scouts as they try to discover new faces along the trans-siberian railroad. they discovered tanya D exactly the same way in previous years. she is seen towards the end of the movie.

the movie ends with the newly discovered girls on the cover of Jalouse.

you can watch the movie for free legally here:
http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/searching_siberia/

or with dutch subtitles here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r66O1n2ZCuw

synopsis from IMG:
Jeni and David are model scouts for IMG Models Paris. Each year they take
the Trans-Siberian Railway across Russia searching for the next generation of
supermodels. As they travel across the country they stop at the remote cities
en route… Omsk, Novosibirsk, Nizny Novgorod… ending in St. Petersburg.
At each city they hold castings where hundreds of hopeful local girls line up
- desperate to be selected.
We follow Jeni and David discovering what makes this trip so essential. Why
do they believe they'll find the best contenders for the next supermodel
here in remote Russia? Why do some faces make the grade and others not?
And once chosen, how do their lives change? For the answer to that question
we'll visit the homes of those hoping to be chosen, and talk to the families
of those already a 'name' on the fashion circuit. And we'll see a group of girls
make the transformation - from deepest Siberia to the cover of major
fashion magazines. (IMGprogramming.com)

Attachments

• searchingsiberia.JPG
    searchingsiberia.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 357
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I have heard about this a while ago (when I was watching The Model Scouts).
What a luck I'm going to the USA soon, I haven't managed to find any good proxy yet (and I want to see the original).
It's sounds so interesting. Thanks!

are you blocked from watching on youtube? the film is 99.9% in english so you might have luck watching the one with the dutch subtitles. :flower:

^ yes! I watched it a several months ago, I can't really remember much except that Tanya was the standout! :heart:

^

I just watched it
it was clear Tanya would be the standout among the rest !
and she did made it to the top

The first video is not available in my region. The second video is dubbed in Dutch and subtitled in Dutch, I only understand the IMG agents, which most be the most important part!, it's only half an hour, right?. Anyway, I just watched it, for some reason I thought the search for these girls was less formal or planned, it's amazing to see the journeys they embark on and the vision they must have in order to see a gem among all the faces and despite her current state (bad teeth/age/underdevelopment/etc).

Thanks for sharing it, Lucy.

I'm watching it now... for the people who have seen it could you please name
the girls who are in it besides Tanya. TIA ^_^

Thanks for posting Lucy, it was an interesting film! And nice to see Tanya from at the beginning of her career!

I just finished it, and i don't believe any of the girls had a career that was major like Tanya's. She was so adorable ^_^

I just finished it, and i don't believe any of the girls had a career that was major like Tanya's. She was so adorable ^_^

I don't even know any of the other girls probably has faded by now
the moment Tanya step into the runway. that was it ! she walked all the blue chip shows after that, Chanel, Verasce .

she was a star. Tanya was and is still very unique

The first video is not available in my region. The second video is dubbed in Dutch and subtitled in Dutch, I only understand the IMG agents, which most be the most important part!

Yeah, I would like to understand the whole documentary and some things are dubbed. ThereforeI think I wait :wink:

I'm watching it now... for the people who have seen it could you please name
the girls who are in it besides Tanya. TIA ^_^

They were credited at the end of the video:

Marina Skopkareva
Yana Desiatkova
Kristina Tsvetkova
Liza Galtsova
Katrina Bykova
Tatiana Kocherga
Julia Potapova
Tanya Kryuchkova
Tanya Dziahileva

:lol: I remember a couple of years ago, I was desperate to watch this documentary, it was only available on a weird website, and the video didn´t load, finally I got the parts where Tanya is featured, and then I got the full documentary, thanks to a TFSser. You could tell she was and is something special, tailor made for the runway. :wub:

for those that have a Roku player, the movie is available with a free channel called snag.

did anyone else think that Jeni Rose wasnt exactly professional in the movie?

So only 4 girls besides Tanya have TFS threads:

Marina
Julia
Kristina
Liza

it seems like the only girl who reached remote success like Tanya is Kristina she got Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti Fall 2010 campaign

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Thanks for posting the links, I was wondering whatever happened to the other girls. It is a shame that for many of the girls featured this was really their only shot at seeing the world and getting out of the towns they lived in.

Thanks for posting this. I watched it last night. At first I thought it was a current film, like filmied in the last year or two, but it turns out its from about 2005. Interesting watch. Made me feel sad for all those girls, 99% of whom will never even get to leave the towns they so desperately want to leave. And sad that even the picked girls, only Tanya made it. They were all pretty, I thought. I especially liked Liza, the girl with one eye that she couldn't see on.

I also enjoyed looking at all the scenery and architecture.

And finally, I loved the fashion, mostly models' mom. :mrgreen: I loved the all red look Marina's mom had on. And Liza's mom who had that blouse with that large collar. :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dm4048a
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->