23mwnl2.jpg

mahxk5.jpg

29bogfs.jpg

source: new york model management

Serene Sedene
by wayne

nym2.jpg

Pols courtesy of New York Model Management

True elegance is serene. Contained but all the more compelling for it. That is a quality New York Model’s latest find Sedene boasts. Hailing from Jamaica this sleek girl is being glossed and groomed for her Fall 2010 unveiling. OTM looks forward to that debut!

nym1.jpg

models.com

I'm happy she has a thread. Here are a few other pics I've posted in the Favourite Black Model thread: #4100

The girl shot for several Vogue issues! So happy that black girls get recognized so well in the last time :heart:

Isn't the word unique overused? Looking at Sedene, I realise again, that it defenietely is, but not in her case :wub:

46721477.jpg

mariemaud.com

the proportions of her face are just exquisite.

Incredible face in those polaroids. Would love to see her flourish because she definitely has the look.

Sedene's sublime start - New Pulse star on the rise

Pulse Model Management's newest star, Sedene Blake, is off to a sublime start by capturing the hearts of the fashion industry's most influential arbiters. Blake, who was introduced to the New York market last week by Pulse's general manager, Romae Gordon, has landed her first assignment with the coveted Vogue magazine.

"I am so excited to begin my career as an international model and I am really lucky to get such an important job at the start," said a beaming Blake.

Having completed a two-day shoot for Teen Vogue last week, Blake secured a number of other high-profile bookings. She is also holding options for Calvin Klein, Pop, V magazine as well as several other international editions of Vogue.

This is a dream start for the young model. Not since the ground-breaking beginnings of Nadine Willis, who was placed in the London market by Pulse Chairman Kingsley Cooper, has the international fashion industry responded so quickly and positively to a new model, said Pulse.

Gordon said Blake had New York's finest agencies, including New York Models, Wilhelmina, Click, Major and Women, clamouring to represent her. The local agency said New York Models was selected based on the "remarkable job that they have done with Pulse supermodel Jeneil Williams".

Blake, 19, is a graduate of Oberlin High School and has always dreamt of becoming a model. She was a runner-up in Pulse's annual Caribbean Model Search in 2007.

extraordinary beginning

Gordon said Blake immediately caught the attention of the top editors and casting directors in New York with her fresh portfolio.

"This is an extraordinary beginning for a new model. The response to Sedene has been phenomenal and she is perfectly poised to do very well in all the major markets," said Gordon.

New York Model's agency director, Cory Bautista, who is directly handling Blake's bookings, believes she has all the right attributes for success.

"We are happy for her and we know this is the start of a very promising career," he said.

jamaica-gleaner.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->