Short hair

I'm growing my hair now but I used to have a pixie cut. It was really, really comfortable, and stylish and flattering on me UNTIL it started to grow :ninja:. At first it's really quite managable, you just cut a bit here a bit there and voila you've got yourself a longer version of a pixie. When I decided I wanted long hair again (I missed being able to pull it back, or braid it) then it became an annoying thing. *sigh*...I'll stop my ranting now.

Anyway, if you're planning on going short (it is a very liberating experience!) I recommend you to have a clear idea of what short hair style you want, yes that means:YOU SHOULD TAKE PICTURES OF THE STYLE YOU WANT with you to the hair salon...believe me it saves you a lot of trouble (and tears when you don't like the end result). Or if you're not sure you can take a few pictures with you to show to your hairstylist and talk about which one would suit your face shape best and whatnot.

And finally...here are some of the short hair inspirational photos I've found:

that´s how i did it. ^_^

but the hairdresser was not good at its job..

I have a pixie cut right now and I love it. I'm so glad I took the chance and went short.

But I really miss braids. And being able to put my hair up. Plus the upkeep is a lot because my hair grows pretty fast. So I'm going to try to grow it out and I'm really not look forward to it. I've heard horror stories. :lol:

Mila D, please provide a source for those photos in #858 & #859

do you guys have any good video tutorials on how to wave short hair? my hair is pretty short, it falls right on my jawline & it's naturally dead straight & i've had it like this pretty much all of my life, so i want to change it up a bit & try to do some soft waves that would look nice on this length. kinda' like keira knightley's on that photo above ^.

pin curls or very narrow (less than 1/2 inch) barrel curling iron or spiral foam rollers should do the trick! you can even finger-wave short hair pretty easily, check for tutorials of that on youtube :smile:

Mila D, please provide a source for those photos in #858 & #859

Um, I can't remember the original source since I saved them to my pc such a long time ago (sorry!)...but I did upload them to photobucket.

source: photobucket.com/KateSkeff

I absolutely love the pixie hairstyle- I've always wanted to try out the look but never had the guts to do it. But with quite a few girls in Hollywood with pixie cuts it makes me want to take the plunge and do it. The only question I have is what face shape is best for a pixie cut? I don't think I really have prominate facial features but I've been told I sort of look like Emma Watson at times just to give you an idea. Also i'm afraid of looking like a boy because I still want to look fun and feminine.

Here are three women in Hollywood who are sporting the pixie cut look and I think pull it off well. All three look great and I really love their hairstyles.

emma-watson-pixie-cut-thumb-233x350-61061.jpg

TeenVogue.com
Emma Watson

0405-ginnfer-goodwin-pixie_sm.jpg

Glamour.com
Ginnifer Goodwin

Simply-Chic-Pixie-Haircut.jpg

Shorthairstylescuts.com
Carey Mulligan

I thought Emma looked Boy-ish when she just had her hair Cut. Butnow i think she looksabsolutly femal with it.
I think that Kind of hair has to grow on sme tolike it

If you have a strong jawbone or cheekbones I think pixies look great! I had one, twice, but if I just wanted to run out with no makeup and in sweats I'd get mistaken for a boy. :ninja:

Thanks for both of your input, I'm still debating about cutting my hair short, but even if I choose not to do it now I think eventually I'll try out the pixie cut.

Eva Riccobono

2002-2003
cavallispring200339vp.jpg
wnimg000084kn.jpg

to
2004-2005-2006
wnimg000606yn.jpg
asfourspring20056tj6.jpg

Magazines-Eva-Riccobono11.jpg

6e2d8341930f02eaea90d5a.jpg

2008-2009
eva_riccobono_alla_premiere_di_grande_grosso_e_verdone_e5e2.jpg

eva_riccobono2.jpg
eva_riccobono11.jpg

to
2010-2011
562px-EVA_008.jpg
GIG_0555.JPG

girlpower.it, bwgreyscale.com, alxxx.altervista.org, wikimedia.org

I recently got a "boy cut" and I've never felt more feminine! It really brings out my eyes and cheekbones. My hair is quite stringy, so I tend to look like a slob when it's long.

Kind of craving short hair again :innocent:.

Need to stop looking at pictures of pretty girls with perfect short hairstyles :judge:.

I cut my hair kinda short last year in september, and let it grow out (well I only really cut it so it was all the same length) then just trimmed it a bit. I had it a few inches under my shoulders and then on a snap decision cut it "short" well, over my shoulders. So far I've never found a haircut that I really could do over and over, my hair is thick and coarse but straight... So it's kind of blah when long and right now since it's so thick it's kinda boxy and the tips go out. I have to go to the salon and get it fixed a bit. My main inspirations are Marte mei van haaster, Catherine Mcneil, Ruby Aldridge... :-)

Would you guys have any ideas how to get that look with my type of hair..?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for both of your input, I'm still debating about cutting my hair short, but even if I choose not to do it now I think eventually I'll try out the pixie cut.

Try it out, I think it looks good on all face shapes unless you have bad skin.

I've had a pixie cut on and off for 5 years now and I've recently went back to the style. It's my favorite hair style. It does take guts but it's such an easy style and honestly if you have the right confidence and self assurance I believe anyone can pull this look off and doesn't mean having to forfeit your femininity either. I usually take in a picture of Mia Farrow or Jean Seberg to my stylist.

photos my own

I'm contemplating the same exact haircut. I'm gonna bring a Jean Seberg photo to my hairdresser when I finally go for it! You look stunning with it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->