Stella McCartney F/W 13.14 : Chiharu Okunugi & Suvi Koponen by Mert & Marcus

kiseki

Reaction score
Found this on my desk today,
well the season's buzzing name is here Chiharu Okunugi and the wonderful Suvi, I wonder if Natalia will show up?!
anyway, I don't want to assume it's Mert & Marcus, looks abit different, but I might be wrong!

Attachments

• photo(1).jpg
    photo(1).jpg
    509.2 KB · Views: 345
The shot of Suvi in the purple coat is gorgeous, and I'm happy to see Chiharu here. I would guess that even if the first shot resembles something by Angelo Pennetta (M&M's former assistant), there's enough saturated colour here to give away that Alas and Piggott are still responsible.

Well considering Natalia had 3 years as only girl i hardly doubt she would accept a multi girl campaign with 2 girls like them, they're big but very far from her level. I still prefer Natalia.

Thank goodness they got rid of Natalia. Couldn't be any more happier with the casting especially for Chiharu, although I love Suvi's shot more.

it's shot by M&M anyway, i remember they posted on instagram 2 months ago they were shooting Stella McCartney.

^^^^Actually I feel the same.I think both girl are not suit the collection at all.

Such a beautiful, quirky and fun campaign!
I was so saturated of Natalia so this is a fresh (very fresh) surprise.
The cast is so great. Perfect combination!

Love Chiharu starring in the campaign and I love both shots tremendously.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love both shots, can't wait to see more

The concept is great, wait to see more.

Refreshingly different compared to the previous ads, I love Chiharu! :wub:

finally not natalia anymore her ads were so boring

this looks good!

I like the two images! So happy that Chiharu got another big campaign this season!:woot:

STELLA GETS SURREAL: Winter ad campaign time. Stella McCartney, who has used Natalia Vodianova’s fresh-faced friendliness to represent her collections in the past, went for something edgier for fall. Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott shot Suvi Koponen and Chiharu Okunugi in two London scenes, one featuring Okunugi partially submerged in a swimming pool wearing an oversize plaid coat, and the other showing Koponen in a giant purple coat on a London street.

“This season I wanted to capture the spirit of the city and the streets; an expression of urban life and real, everyday moments. We wanted to have a sense of fun and freedom, then contrast it with something slightly unexpected,” said McCartney, who styled the campaign herself. “There is a bit of surrealism, which may even be a bit strange.”

Four versions of the campaign will break in September issues of Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, W, Elle, V and Interview, as well as international editions.
wwd.com

Attachments

• stella-mccartney-memo-pad.jpg
    stella-mccartney-memo-pad.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 121
Chiharu absolutely KILLING me with those eyes, I love the settings I have to say its one of my top five campaigns, definitely a step up from the past two campaigns with Natalia. Sure it's a bit Phoebe but why not mimic those who do it best?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonandluna
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->