Stella McCartney for Target Australia

skot4mc

Reaction score
from news.com.au

Stella targets budget-savvy Aussie women
By Fiona Hudson

FASHION designer Stella McCartney has stitched up a deal to design a cut-price range exclusively for Australian women.
In a rare collaboration, the daughter of ex-Beatle Sir Paul has created a limited-edition, 42-piece collection for Target stores - an example of which is pictured.

Award-winning designer McCartney, 35, is famous for dressing A-list style queens including close friends Kate Moss and Madonna.
Australian women were bloody lucky she'd agreed to the highly unusual deal with Target, she said.

Her only other such collaboration, a limited-edition range for European chain H&M in 2005, sparked brawls at cash registers across Britain.
Her friendships with glamorous stars including Kylie Minogue, Nicole Kidman and Cate Blanchett helped sway the designer when Target approached her last year.

"I love Australians. I think Cate Blanchett is stunning and we use (model) Gemma Ward in our shows," McCartney said.

Her creative team jokingly tossed around the idea of ads featuring Nicole, Kylie, Cate and Gemma in the clothes at the Opera House, with Russell Crowe playing guitar.

Instead the soon-to-appear ads were shot in London by her photographer sister Mary McCartney Donald. Their father Sir Paul is locked in a bitter divorce battle with second wife Heather Mills, whom Stella is said to loathe.

The prominent animal rights campaigner cites mum Linda, who died of breast cancer in 1998, as a key inspiration for the signature looks on display in the Australian collection.

"Mum was a big style icon for me; her natural sexiness and natural confidence," she said.

The Target range will include a trench coat, tailored jacket and pants, shirts, a day dress and an embroidered cocktail frock.

McCartney said she hoped the garments would be "something you want to keep forever".

She also said the Target collection would complement her high-end collection, rather than diluting it.

"This is about exposing more women to our label," she said.

The full range will be unveiled in the 2007 L'Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival and go on sale in selected stores from March 12.

stella_target.jpg

well... she aint doing so good.

but this is a sign of going dowwwwnnnnnnnnnn

I think it's good that designers offer nice clothes to normal people too... it's not always bad.

oh my god, she turned DOWN target in america!!

42 items? im so jealous!!

Thanks for posting skot.

I'm really suprised. Target Australia, of all places..!
As the first of McCartney's collaborations to officially hit Australia (no H&M here) it will be very interesting to see how it's received. Compared to H&M Target Australia is anything but high street.

I was thinking that's why she chose Australia, because they didnt get her H&M collection. I mean, in the states we would have two McCartney collabos.

Did anyone from Australia buy any of the Alice McCall stuff for Target last year? It was terrible quality and everytime i wore my dress i saw someone else wearing the same one. I'm not sure about this but I'll certainly have a look once its released.

wow, i had no idea mccall did a collection as well.
on the target.au site there is a big disclaimer saying the company isnt related to the target in the USA.

^i was about to say....

i didn't even realise they had a Tarjay in Oz.

but,yeah,she hasn't been doing so well in the sales department(no pun). further proof that she's lost her spark.....and the hype has finally burned itself out. but i can see the other aspect as well. certainly a chance to give some of her work to the begrudged Aussie ladies.

excerpt from wwd

Stella McCartney Deal Targets Australia
By Samantha Conti

LONDON — There’s no stopping the deals for Stella McCartney.

The designer, who last week inked an agreement to do a collection with LeSportsac, today will unveil another collaboration, with Target stores in Australia, which are not linked with the ones in the U.S.

The Stella McCartney for Target limited-edition, 42-piece collection will be launched in selected Target Australia stores on March 12, the beginning of the fall season Down Under. The one-off collection has been inspired by key items from McCartney’s yet-to-be-shown fall main line.

While the Target logo and shop design in Australia are similar to those of Target stores in the U.S., the Australian retailer has different owners from its American counterpart. A spokesman for the designer said there was no deal with Target in the U.S. in the works.

“I’m really excited by this collaboration, ” said McCartney. “I wanted the collection for Target to reinterpret all the ‘best ofs’ and ‘must-haves’ of Stella McCartney for winter, and make my designs more accessible to a wider audience in Australia.”

The collection includes jeans, trousers, tailored jackets, dresses, chunky knits, swing coats, blouses, T-shirts and camisoles in a range of colors and fabrics.

Larice Lewis, Target’s general manager of women’s apparel, said, “Stella McCartney for Target will offer our customers a beautiful range of winter essentials from one of the world’s leading designers, at an accessible price.”

The spokesman said prices would range from 39.99 Australian dollars, or $31, to 199.99 Australian dollars, or $155.

The Stella McCartney for Target collection will be showcased as part of Target Rocks Red Market at the 2007 L’Oréal Melbourne Fashion Festival on March 10 and will be rolled out to select Target stores two days later.

IM dead excited! Personally i dont think you can compare the Alice McCall stuff to Stella, i mean Stella has a higher reputation which will hopefully mean a bit more quality control! I wonder if Stella will come down, i know its a unlikey but a girl can dream

I saw a model wearing a few pieces this afternoon...

-there was a grey button up stuctured coat with gathering high around the waist...3/4 length
-and a muted olive coloured dress in a light semi sheer fabric with metal type neck beading, and a tie at the hip.

both pieces were suprisingly nice.

it will be interesting to see the rest..

i am so fricken jealous right now of anyone of you ausies! no fair!!!! anyone wanna hook me up??? :rolleyes:

Why not just start a permanent "low"-end line? :rolleyes:
She's done way too many collections: LeSportsac, H&M, Adidas, and now Target...
I still want to get my hands on it though :P

oh no, why not europe??? i really should move to australia, pronto!! i'm sooo jealous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrigitteXCX
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->