STEP UP - This generation's FAME?

igotgoodjeans

Reaction score
so I'm slightly embarrassed as am finding self turning into a teeny bopper with this movie - STEP UP - has anyone else seen previews for this? at first i was like, oh great another dance movie, but the more i look at it the more fun it looks. :rolleyes: and the music is really awesome so i just have their MySpace page open and listen to it while at work (hard not to chair dance, i tell you). though i may be in a theater full of teenagers (screaming channing tatum fans) i think i'll check this out with my girl friends - what do u think?

thanx for the trailer link, Bluestar07! i actually saw the movie last night at a sneak preview and it was so much fun! i went with my friends and it was hosted by this radio station, and they did an actual dance contest in the theater and everything, which was a riot. the movie actually does a good job doing character development and all that for this genre - and of course, TONS of dance scenes. channing tatum and jenna dewan were very well cast in their roles because they really do know how to get down and the chemistry was great (heard rumors they are dating in real life but is that a publicity stunt?). the movie ends with a choreographed dance scene (of course, would expect nothign less) which was awesome. me and my girlfriends were saying that now we have to go dancing haha. the soundtrack seems really good too - ok i'm really blabbing on about this haha but it's def a feel-good, girls' night out type of movie. totally recommended...

^ okay definitely getting the dvd to add to my collection of dance dvds!

Maybe I'm alone here, but I think Channing is TOTALLY overrated. Hot to some degree, yes, but overrated.

actually i thought he was so-so before but then saw him in the movie and he was on fire (they do all their own dancing)! for the character and what the movie is, he was actually really well cast.

i saw it last night and it's a very good movie. the actors played well, the singer mario is in it and even him did a great job. The dancing was good at well, and the theater was full of people wanting to see that movie. i give it 4 stars!!

Well it looks like a fun movie judging from the trailer but this title is a bit much dont you guys think?I mean "Fame" no way it could reach that level but i havent seen it yet so i am just specualting!

^ Yeah but what I'm trying to do is to not compare it to Fame and see if it stands on its own. With the exception of Centrestage, I find that most dance movies have an almost non-existent storyline so I'm just concentrating on the dance bit.

I went with a friend to see that movie and suprisingly liked it. Of course, I was starting out with very low standards to begin with... but I really enjoyed it. Everyone in the theater was clapping and loved it.

and it was shot in BALTIMORE!

Bluestar07 said:
^ Yeah but what I'm trying to do is to not compare it to Fame and see if it stands on its own. With the exception of Centrestage, I find that most dance movies have an almost non-existent storyline so I'm just concentrating on the dance bit.

yeah i guess i set the bar pretty high by naming the thread with the Fame reference :blush: - but i think you put it really well - since the director is an awesome choreographer, it totally showed in the dance sequences - it was definitely not as cheesy as i thought and from my twenty-something perspective, i do think this is a pretty big movie among teenagers not only because of the dancing but the music really made the movie - ciara, mario, sean paul, etc.

re: the dance contest i mentioned at my screening, i kinda wish i had participated so that i could've gotten the soundtrack for free haha. :P

I saw this today, and let me tell you it was so refreshing to see a dance movie where the lead actors are actually dancing and it's not spliced and edited footage left and right, the camera doesn't just show you waist-up closeups then far away shots of the full body like other movies do, it's just pure dancing. Both Jenna and Channing are really talented dancers. AND I saw 2 girls I knew as a kid in the movie dancing!!

Channing Tatum is so gorgeous... I can't wait to see it.

I just watched the whole movie on youtube.... I think the dancing was quite good. but in general- all the story lines are the same for these movies, which bores me a little.....

i just saw this movie today and i´m totally impressed.....this is one of the best dancing movies ever.....imo it definitly takes place next to movies like safe the last dance and dirty dancing 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nocknock
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->