Sunglasses for men

Tiny-E

Reaction score
Anyone want to give me some ideas on what's cool and good for sunglasses for men? I was looking at a pair of new wraparound style Pradas that I liked.

Any suggestions?

buy

just buy oliver peoples, paul smith, armani or ralph lauren.
my optician/store is about $200/frames and $175/prescription lenses for each.
the above brands have never let me down & even if $400 seems a lot they can last 4 years at least.

The Oliver Peoples sunglasses look pretty good (although priceey!). Does anyone know if their frames fit smaller faces/heads? I like the metal frames ones myself!

i know oliver people has a nice aviator metal frame that has mirrored lenses
it's smaller and would be perfect for a smaller sized face

can you take a look at these glasses i want to get, some sites say its unisex but most say its womens. is it ok for a guy to wear these?

I wouldnt label sunglasses as mens or womens.... it all really depends on what fits and makes you look good. I wouldn't order sunglasses online, you really never know until you try them on.

I agree with marcj, its about how they look on you, especially when it comes to Fashion eyewear.

I'm a fan of Armani and Oliver Peoples and Gucci sunglasses.

For eyeglasses I like a few of Alain Miklis, Oliver Peoples, and I LOVE Beausoleil, they have the best frame for my face that I've ever seen.

marcj said:
I wouldnt label sunglasses as mens or womens.... it all really depends on what fits and makes you look good. I wouldn't order sunglasses online, you really never know until you try them on.
Exactly, try it in the store. Big bold glasses can look great on a guy but there's also the chance of looking like a drama queen. It depends on your clothes and overall look.

i think im gonna get those prada sunglasses, but what color. i know you have to check how it look son you but i cant. should i go with a dark tortoise, black, or dark olive?

RueFaubourg said:
I agree with marcj, its about how they look on you, especially when it comes to Fashion eyewear.

I'm a fan of Armani and Oliver Peoples and Gucci sunglasses.

For eyeglasses I like a few of Alain Miklis, Oliver Peoples, and I LOVE Beausoleil, they have the best frame for my face that I've ever seen.
peoples - yes they make small-ish I have in black, tortoise & espresso.
armani
paul smith
ralph

If you want sturdy black frames, buy BLINDE sunglasses. I love them! Top quality and stylish without trying too hard. There's a large choice of frames (smaller or larger)

Okay, I'm going to NYC next week so I'll check out the Oliver Peoples stores there. Anyone know if they carry their full selection of sunglasses at their midtown or soho stores?

Also, what's the quality of Prada sunglasses? Are they more just for fashion sake? The Oliver Peoples sunglasses seem to be better quality in build, but that's just what the feeling is after taking a look on the web.

Is this a test? :P

Most of the ones on page 1 (the one that the link brought up) seem to be men's styles, to me.

But, I tend to see a lot of items as unisex, and sunglasses especially. So maybe I should not be the definitive source on this.

Welcome to tFS! I am sure you will get more answers soon.

No not a test. Just wondering I dont wanna buy a pair of glasses and then find out their womens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am061890
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->