Supermodel Linda Evangelista and PPR Chief Francois-Henri Pinault Settle Case

agee

Reaction score
I thought there was a thread on this. I did a search and could not find it, feel free to merge if I missed it.

From the latimes.com:

Linda Evangelista, Francois-Henri Pinault settle child-support fight
By Nardine Saad
May 7, 2012, 2:56 p.m.

Linda Evangelista and her ex-flame Francois-Henri Pinault settled their contentious, two-year child support battle Monday.

The former supermodel, 46, and French businessman, 49, who is currently married to actress Salma Hayek, did not reveal the details of the settlement. Attorneys plan to hand over specifics to a magistrate on Tuesday.

"Everybody's glad for the sake and the benefit of the child that it's done," Pinault's lawyer David Aronson said outside the Manhattan Family Court. Evangelista was set to take the stand to testify for a second day on Monday before the two parties settled, according to the Associated Press.

The battle stemmed from how much Pinault, who is the chief executive of PPR, which owns Yves San Laurent and Gucci, should pay to support their 5-year-old son Augustin. Evangelista gave birth to the boy in 2006 after her four-month relationship with Pinault, who said he only spent seven days with mother and child.

Pinault legally recognized his paternity in 2007, which was revealed last year, and said that Evangelista made an unreasonable request for child support soon after. A counter-offer from Pinault was ignored for years, he says. Evangelista brought the issue to court in 2010.

Evangelista claimed to pay $46,000 a month for around-the-clock nanny care and armed bodyguards among other expenses, according to court documents. The sum has been considered one of the largest in the history of Family Court.

Evangelista was initially willing to pay for Augustin's expenses but after a major contract with L'Oreal ended last year, her $1.8 million annual income dipped, according to her attorney William Beslow. The businessman makes $4 million a year and his family's net worth is $14 billion, according to a Forbes estimate.

Pinault has a 4-year-old daughter named Valentina with Hayek, whom he married in 2009, and two other children from a previous marriage.

Ok, sorry....Bodyguards? You seriously need bodyguards Linda?

It's a shame she's out of contract with L'oreal, guess that means we'll be seeing a whole lot more of her in editorial work to come :smile:

46k a month for childcare is beyond absurd... that number has to be padded, no??

Well, if you consider that she doesn't wake up for less than $10,000 a day in 1990 dollars, and adjust for inflation, that sounds about right.

I hope she got a good settlement.

Good it's over - I hope, too, that Linda cleaned up. I just don't like that guy, tee hee. ^_^

you lay your bed. he made that baby and he should take care of the kid too as much as he wouldn't want it. also, what's 46k for him? he spends 260 000$ on holidays each year...tbh, i'm surprised he actually let this go this far, he obv thought Linda would keep details to herself, the moment too many things got out he went for the settlement.

Ok, sorry....Bodyguards? You seriously need bodyguards Linda?

When your child's father is worth several billion dollars, I'd say its quite the necessity. People are still kidnapped and held for ransom everyday.

When your child's father is worth several billion dollars, I'd say its quite the necessity. People are still kidnapped and held for ransom everyday.

In third world countries, such as where I live. :doh:
Not in France, Canada... maybe the U.S, but I don't see Linda going to dangerous places with their children.

I don't think it's outrageous. It all depends on how much he's worth...

2 nannys: $6,000
2 body guards: $12,000
clothing etc: $2,000
food etc: $2,000
tuition: $20,000
housing: $3,000

I think this is pretty reasonable for a billionaire's kid...$600,000 per year - if he is a billionaire, then his income is probably at least 100 x this amount - should his son not be worth 1% of his father's income?

In my part of the UK, 'tiger kidnapping' is common, ordinary bank workers go through this ordeal... the poorly-guarded son of a very rich man would be an irresistible target for some.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rich people are so tacky :P
The title should read François-Henri Pinault because François Pinault is like 75 years old.

Not in France, Canada... maybe the U.S, but I don't see Linda going to dangerous places with their children.
Édouard-Jean Empain and Frédéric Dard would disagree with this statement. In the 1970s a lot of kidnapping of wealthy kids and businessmen happened in France. Thankfully it's much less frequent today (and less covered by the medias) but it was an important phenomenon that is still remembered very clearly.
There was the notorious case of 9 yeard old Christophe Mérieux who was freed in exchange for a ransom of 20 million francs. François-Henri P. wasn't that much older than him. Considering Evangelista and Pinault failed at keeping their settlement low profile I actually hope Pinaut is the one who took the initiative of hiring bodyguards because I can't imagine the wave of kidnapping that could have targeted him when he was young didn't affected him. Obviously they're not living in Somalia or Mexico but it would be insane not to be careful.

The sad thing is, I don't think the father would've pay the ransom if his son did get kidnapped. sounds like he wanted nothing to do with the child from the beginning.

The sad thing is, I don't think the father would've pay the ransom if his son did get kidnapped. sounds like he wanted nothing to do with the child from the beginning.
that was my first thought too upon the mention of a kidnap. as if he'd care enough...but who knows...

I think this is pretty reasonable for a billionaire's kid...$600,000 per year - if he is a billionaire, then his income is probably at least 100 x this amount - should his son not be worth 1% of his father's income?

i don't know if she would even be including food costs etc. because if she is seeking the entire amount it costs to raise the child, then what is she financially contributing? sure he is a billionaire, but she isn't poor, she doesn't need 100% support. i'd say she is claiming it costs 46,000 in protection and nannys etc alone (which i therefore think it is reasonable enough to seek support for, if she only has to spend this BECAUSE his father is a billionaire).

and if she then pays for food etc, then this child is probably a $60,000 a month cost. wow.

Not to mention the fact that he's spending the same amount (and more) on his other child. They're pennies to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Édouard-Jean Empain and Frédéric Dard would disagree with this statement. In the 1970s a lot of kidnapping of wealthy kids and businessmen happened in France. Thankfully it's much less frequent today (and less covered by the medias) but it was an important phenomenon that is still remembered very clearly.
Who knew being born to a supermodel and a billionaire father was such a b*tch. :rofl::rofl:

Of course she will need bodyguards... She basically invited all the potential kidnappers by being so greedy... I am not being funny but cindy christy helena kate stephanie claudia have brought up their children without any bodyguards and please don't tell me that linda needs a special protection... Am sure it could have been resolved amicably but she was always the greediest models of all... Dont get me wrong she still is one of my favourite models but her personality is just beyond... She didnt even mind living with a r*pist husband, the Elite guy as long as she got money out of him...*

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't blame her for asking for money. Geeze, the man is a billionaire, he fathered a child which he wants nothing to do with but he still fathered the kid. The kid is entitled to parental support even if the mom has her own means, because the dad has WAY more means than the mom has.

I'm honestly shocked that so many people here are upset by this. she was just doing what any single mom would do if the dad ignored the child financially and emotionally, it's just on a grander scale overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riska21
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->