Supermodel Linda Evangelista and PPR Chief Francois-Henri Pinault Settle Case

^ agreed 100%

im surprised he even let this get to court.

Of course she will need bodyguards... She basically invited all the potential kidnappers by being so greedy... I am not being funny but cindy christy helena kate stephanie claudia have brought up their children without any bodyguards and please don't tell me that linda needs a special protection... Am sure it could have been resolved amicably but she was always the greediest models of all... Dont get me wrong she still is one of my favourite models but her personality is just beyond... She didnt even mind living with a r*pist husband, the Elite guy as long as she got money out of him...*

So they all had children with billionaires whose families own massive luxury conglomerates? I didn't know that...

They just showed Linda at the NY Rangers / Washington Capitals game 7 playoff game. Clearly, she's living the high life. ^_^ I am thrilled she got a good settlement. (That man ....:angry:)

I was reading about it in the afternoon, and all i can say, is that IMO she's not even asking for one third of the money she should've asked for... i mean c'mon, you don't have to be putting reasons on what it'll be spend, her father is worth 3 billion dollars, her son should take at least a 3%, 4% or 5% of that...

I'm really surprised by some comments.

Mr. Arnault has to pay the pension until the child turns... 21, right? If the kid has 5 already, there's 16 years to come, that means that the father's gonna pay 552000 per year and 552.000*16= 8.8320.000, wich is not even 1% the value of any of his companies. Not even, I think, half of the value of any of his private properties.

For those who thinks that Mrs. Evangelista ask a lot, don't forget that this people send their children in limousines to the kinder garden and that they sleeps in hypoallergenic couture pijamas.

Fortunately no one's gonna die of hunger. I wonder what Salma Hayek thinks of all of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow to all of this.. and some of us poor ordinary folks can barely pay our taxes or student loans...
#richpeopleproblems

Last edited by a moderator:
People need to understand that child support is based on maintaining the lifestyle of the parent and the other children the parent has. Salma Hayek's child with Pinault leads a life of luxury that is akin to what Linda was asking. It is a monstrous sum, but its what he can afford and the lifestyle he leads.

You can't just deny his other child the same because Linda is wealthy too or because its so much. Child support is proportional to the parent paying it so him not paying is the same as someone making minimum wage not paying their hundred a month.

^ not sure if that is in response to the comment i made about her not being poor but just thought i would clarify anyway. i don't think that her being rich means she shouldn't get support. i just meant that the $46,000 a month wouldn't actually be what her team have calculated as being the total cost of raising the child, because that would mean that she is claiming she needs 100% support. so its more likely she is just claiming what she deems to be enough for security and a proportion of what he earns/in proportion to what he spends on his other child. in that sense i just wanted to point out that it is possible the total cost of raising her son was actually estimated to be more near $60,000 when adding what she would contribute.

yes it is a lot of money, but it is all relative to income and lifestyle. i think he should pay for all his children equally, regardless of the circumstances in which they were conceived etc.

i just hope she uses whatever $$ she gets from him to give the child the best education, privacy and life experiences that money can buy, rather than flashy clothes etc.

Great analysis from LaineyGossip on the situation:

This Linda Evangelista child support situation is amazing. Quick background:

Linda Evangelista has a 4 year old son called Augustin. The father is Salma Hayek’s billionaire husband Francois-Henri Pinault. Augustin was born juuuust before Salma’s daughter Valentina. Valentina however is set for life. Her father maintains a trust fund for her valued at $12 million. He spends $50,000 a month on the account. Linda wants some of that for her own kid. And she’s taking Pinault to court to make it happen.

Here are her demands:

-$46,000 a month (which would, according to the judge, “amount to the largest support order in the history of the Family Court”)
-the above amount is to pay for 24 hour nannies and security for $80,000/year and $175,000/year respectively
-also $7,500 for a monthly holiday

The judge wasn’t feeling the holiday request and he threw that out in court right away. He does however seem to be sympathetic towards Linda re: the security costs for the son of such a high profile personality (Pinault’s family is worth $11 BILLION). As for why she needs a nanny around all the time, Pinault’s lawyer contends it’s because she’s lazy:

"She testified that she wants to have a 24-hour nanny because she does not want to be alone with the child . . . Miss Evangelista, you should understand, has a worth of more than $8 million, and she earned, last year, $1.8 million."

When asked by the judge to defend her nanny needs, Linda, who was present in court on Monday, explained:

"On days when I do not work, I am working on my image. I have to hit the gym. I have beauty appointments. I have to work toward my next job and maintaining my image just like an athlete. "When I work, it can be a 16-hour day.”

I know you’re all now like, b*tch, shut up and come to my house for a change, see what that feels like. And you’re right. What she’s asking for is outrageous by our standards. And this of course is the supermodel who once said she wouldn’t get out of bed for less than $10,000. But this is not your life. Or mine. This is her life. And Pinault’s life. And they all have 24 hour nannies. You think a 24 hour nanny is an anomaly? Please. Why are Pinault’s lawyers acting like the request for a 24 hour nanny is akin to taking someone’s kidney? You don’t think Salma has a 24 hour nanny?

So I guess this is my question:

He’s the father of both their children. One child, Valentina, with her mother, the “official”, is entitled to all the benefits of his wealth. Linda’s child, financially, is not afforded the equal. So, Linda’s expectations for luxury aside, as a mother, do you not fight for your son to have what his half sister is getting? Or do you let him live with the understanding that he is the “lesser” of the two and therefore will only receive a fraction of it?

I am not a mother, and certainly not the mother of a child conceived out of a brief fling only to be passed over for Salma Hayek. But even still, if that were me, and I knew the other child was sitting on $12 million, and my kid was walking around making do with my measly (ha!) $1.8 million/year, I’m not sure I can stand up here and sanctimoniously shout out that I’d walk away all class and let the baby father keep his cash. It’s not the most dignified approach, no. I get that. I hear you. In a perfect world, she’d straighten her back and shake it off and say, well it’s not like I’m poor and nothing is worth getting dirty over. Realistically though, can you honestly say it would be that automatic?

common, this guy is worth $3 billions, no idiot would ask for pennies from him. $600000(roughly) per year for child support is not a lot based on his wealth.

if i were linda i would ask for more.

I don't get it. Shouldn't it be obvious that the child should get support for a life style that is suitable for the stature of his father?

I have no idea what Lainey is talking about..."Linda should keep her back straight" - whatever. This father should care for his child. And if he does not do that to the appropriate degree, Linda should definitely squeeze it out of him. And if any woman should get a grip, maybe Salma should straighten up and tell her husband to treat his child with love and respect...

the quotes from Linda regarding her "busy days" made me vomit in my mouth a little bit. it's a shame to see that her priorities, even on "non-work days" lie with beauty treatments rather than raising her child.

and he doesn't seem to want anything to do with the child either. pretty sad, from all sides. the poor kid! (not literally "poor", obviously. lol)

so the baby was conceived by the time Francois is with Salma? Douchebag
Posted via Mobile Device

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riska21
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->