The Acne Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
^isn't it sad? Why do such good foods have to be so bad for you!?

Another fun fact for you guys- during the winter I like to take super long, super HOT showers, and it wasn't until recently that I heard how about how bad that can be for your skin. I thought it just dried it out, but apparently some people say it can even cause acne due to the hot water opening pores and blah blah blah. Well I thought this was B.S, but I still cut down on my hot showers because I felt it dried out my skin and wasn't all that great, but the other night I decided to take a very loooong hot shower, and guess what? a HUGE pimple the next day. coincidence?

my skin's gotten considerably better and acne free lately... which is weird since i haven't really changed my diet... and all along i thought it was attributed to stress and hormones (i swear last semester i've been having my period every two damn weeks)... this semester hasn't been any less stressful, but i did slightly change products. for clearing out the bumps and whatnot, i use acne.org's benzol peroxide daily. and i usually use cetaphil cleanser both in the morning and in the evening during showers or right before i go to bed. i recently purchase two kiehl's cleansers (ultra moisturizing cream buffer and the cleansing milk) and they're excellent as well. i've been wearing makeup (tinted moisturizer) a lot lately and yet, my skin has improved.. maybe i'm finally growing out of it or the products i'm using are really effective.

^isn't it sad? Why do such good foods have to be so bad for you!?

Another fun fact for you guys- during the winter I like to take super long, super HOT showers, and it wasn't until recently that I heard how about how bad that can be for your skin. I thought it just dried it out, but apparently some people say it can even cause acne due to the hot water opening pores and blah blah blah. Well I thought this was B.S, but I still cut down on my hot showers because I felt it dried out my skin and wasn't all that great, but the other night I decided to take a very loooong hot shower, and guess what? a HUGE pimple the next day. coincidence?

me too! i recently read that somewhere too. it apparently dehydrates ur skin or something.
honestly, ive been on soy milk for maybe 3 days now? ive obvz seen no change yet but lets give it time.
the cheese bit.. well.. im not going to cut it out but il go easy on it bc if u cut it out completely and have say, one piece of feta cheese, u WILL obvz break out bc ur body isnt used to that being consumed.

sigh. the things we do for beauty and fashion alike!

Does anyone know what might make blackheads go away? I hate being scraped with the blackhead extractor, would give anything (almost) to figure out how to get it to stop.

Also, I've never had major acne or pimples but I get these tiny bumps that don't really do anything- they're not inflamed, but they do look like blemishes. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks everyone for there experiences, I haven't spoken to my doctor yet but I might next time i'm in. I think it possibly may be unrelated, just a natural occurrence as heaps of changes have happened in my life recently. ahh it sucks ><

pregnancy acne

Hi !
I'm 15 weeks pregnant and my skin is breaking out horribly, especialy on my forehead !
I know that there are a lot of products you can't use while pregnant (salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxyde) which makes it hard to control.
So I was wondering if any of you had any advice to give?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eneida
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->