The Acne Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please let us know how it goes! I've been very curious about this notion, but I've also heard inbalances in blood sugar (white carbs basically) can cause acne, as well as eating meat...who knows!

It's also the iodine in milk that causes skin problems; I decided to cut out dairy a while ago and my skin looks a million times better

I've been on anti-biotics from the hospital for just a year now (for my acne obviously) but nothing seems to be improving. It did for a while but then I got the birth control implant and then the Phillip Kingsley SwimCap had a reaction with my skin and my forehead has broken out in spots which is never usually my problem - it's usually my cheeks/chin.

I'm considering going to the doctors again because I'm 22 this year and graduate with my BA Hons in July. I don't want to be worrying about how spotty or bad I look the day I graduate. Acne is the downfall for me on confidence and I have quite possibly tried eeeeeverything on the UK market from Clinque to Clean & Clear!

thanks so much for sharing this, i'm on day 4 of no dairy and can ALREADY see a difference! maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but the pimples are definitely less red, and I have fewer pimples. :woot: i'm definitely gonna stick with this for at least a month and see where i'm at. :flower:

so 2 days ago i ate a huge! (B:(ninja:smile: slice of sharp chedder cheese that i was so craving...i have 3 small pimples today...coinsidence? i think NOT :rolleyes:

but they are not gross, they will probably be better by tomorrow

I have been on roaccutane for 5 months now and it has made a huge improvment! I cant believe the difference.. I have one small pimple now but it is gonig away quickly.. The side effects were fine with me ( im on 40mg a day) and i have not had any trouble :D

I've been on anti-biotics from the hospital for just a year now (for my acne obviously) but nothing seems to be improving. It did for a while but then I got the birth control implant and then the Phillip Kingsley SwimCap had a reaction with my skin and my forehead has broken out in spots which is never usually my problem - it's usually my cheeks/chin.

I'm considering going to the doctors again because I'm 22 this year and graduate with my BA Hons in July. I don't want to be worrying about how spotty or bad I look the day I graduate. Acne is the downfall for me on confidence and I have quite possibly tried eeeeeverything on the UK market from Clinque to Clean & Clear!

i would like for you to go to www.skintactix.com and check out there research and products. this company has helped me TREMENDOUSLY.
I had HORRIBLE cystic acne, and within a matter of 3 months it was nearly completely gone. they have different kits depending on skin type, and additional products that you can add to the kits depending on the severity of your acne.

i suggest that if you do purchase a kit, PLEASE also purchase the INHIBITING GEL. most people dont realize that if you are acne prone, your skin is likely to be starved of nutrients because its too busy fighting off the acne. This gel adds the nutrients and minerals needed by your skin to heal (with visibly less scarring in my case)...its an additional cost, but i feel its worth it.

i really really REALLY recommend these products, i feel they are worth their weight in gold.

www.skintactix.com :flower:

i would like for you to go to www.skintactix.com and check out there research and products. this company has helped me TREMENDOUSLY.
I had HORRIBLE cystic acne, and within a matter of 3 months it was nearly completely gone. they have different kits depending on skin type, and additional products that you can add to the kits depending on the severity of your acne.

i suggest that if you do purchase a kit, PLEASE also purchase the INHIBITING GEL. most people dont realize that if you are acne prone, your skin is likely to be starved of nutrients because its too busy fighting off the acne. This gel adds the nutrients and minerals needed by your skin to heal (with visibly less scarring in my case)...its an additional cost, but i feel its worth it.

i really really REALLY recommend these products, i feel they are worth their weight in gold.

www.skintactix.com :flower:

Are you sure you don't work for this company? :wink:

I have been on roaccutane for 5 months now and it has made a huge improvment! I cant believe the difference.. I have one small pimple now but it is gonig away quickly.. The side effects were fine with me ( im on 40mg a day) and i have not had any trouble :D

I've been on isotretinoin for 3 months (30mg a day). This is amazing what it does to your skin but everytime I drink alcohol I'll have 1 or 2 spots after. It's like seeing the effect of alcohol on your skin 10-times faster than usual. :lol:

I hope that after the treatment is over I won't have breakouts. :D

you must have absolutely FABULOUS rx insurance, epiduo and especially doryx ar SOOOO expensive :ninja: thats the one thing that holds me back from going to a derm for rx treatments of acne..my rx insurance is only "FABULOUS" (emphasis on quotations) when there are generics available.:(:doh::cry:

Well my dermatologist gives me these coupons that lets me get my prescriptions for $20, but I can only use them 3 times....then I ask her for another coupon. :lol:

But it seems to be working really fast. My skin is already smooth, I don't really have redness anymore. The scars are still there, but I have considerably less breakouts.

I'm assuming once the breakouts are controlled enough, she'll prescribe me something for acne scars.....unless someone here has any remedies.:innocent:

Just a question for anyone on roaccutane...

I've been on it for just about 3 months now, and it's cleared up my acne completely with a few side effects (tiredness, aching and dry skin... nothing unbearable though)

However, i've also noticed that i've gained a good 5-8kgs since being on it. I looked at my leaflet, which said dramatic weight change could possibly be because of depression, but i'm almost certain im not depressed (if anything, i feel the complete opposite!)

Just wondering if anyone who is on roaccutane has experienced the same side effects? And if anyone could give me answers why, perhaps something i'm eating isn't reacting well to the medication?

Thanks! :flower:

I'm in my last month now, I have very very dry lips and am tired but haven't gained weight

End of 3rd month and I haven't gained weight either, yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a question for anyone on roaccutane...

I've been on it for just about 3 months now, and it's cleared up my acne completely with a few side effects (tiredness, aching and dry skin... nothing unbearable though)

However, i've also noticed that i've gained a good 5-8kgs since being on it. I looked at my leaflet, which said dramatic weight change could possibly be because of depression, but i'm almost certain im not depressed (if anything, i feel the complete opposite!)

Just wondering if anyone who is on roaccutane has experienced the same side effects? And if anyone could give me answers why, perhaps something i'm eating isn't reacting well to the medication?

Thanks! :flower:

I was on roaccutane even though I had a mild case.. Just on the side of my face but I wanted that ELIMINATED, and believe me honey I finished my course last year, and i still get mild breakouts.
So dont only rely on it.. Im talking from experience. I have several friends who finished their courses and still break out too.
Because I do yoga my skin has improved SO much.. I suggest u do that too.

As for weight and depression, that has no direct link when it comes to roaccutane.. Thats just a link connected by itself.
If its listed on the side eddects leaflet then it could be a possibility but usually roaccutane isnt given to people who are suffering from depression at the same time.
I had to wait till i was fine before i started it.

Have u asked ur doctor?

I hope this is the right thread to post this, but I wanted to share a little tip I learned from a friend the other day, I had a spot and a really important next day (as usually happens when one breaks out non?) and she told me to first put my regular acne treatment ( I use nelson's acne treatment gel) and then put a small piece of micropore surgical tape (make sure it says breathable on the label, don't use the ones that are not!) over it and sleep with it on, the next morning when I woke up it was completely gone and most importantly I didn't have a brown mark left, I have light olive skin which usually leaves brown marks so I try to take really good care of my skin, but I was really amazed at how well it worked.

My friend told me that sometimes she leaves the tape on all day or more, she cuts it really small and you can't really tell because the tape is a tan color, the one I found at the drug store was white and honestly who knows if I could walk around with even a tan color on, I looked at my friend and truly until she pointed it out I didn't see it, but she's tanner than me too haha

anyways just thought I would share in case it might work for someone else as well as it worked for me.

Ive heard of that.. But Ive never tried the whole tape thing. Apparently leaving toothpaste on ur spot overnight helps.
not the colored gel type.. the white proper flouride ones b/c it totally dries up the spot.

Hey trolleywood, something that may be worth investigating is folliculitis.
I was on antibiotics for 5 months for acne and one month in I started breaking out like never before - lots of very small, often flesh-coloured (sometimes red) bumps that do not really develop into anything more and are very, very stubborn. Eight months later and I still have them. They are mostly on my forehead and I NEVER breakout on my forehead. They are also totally resistant to benzoyl peroxide or anything anti-bacterial.

Antibiotics can cause yeast overgrowth (candida) both internally AND on your skin. Folliculitis is fungal and looks a LOT like acne but it isn't. It is a sign that the delicate balance in good and bad bacteria in your body has been messed with by antibiotics (the pill can also be a culprit).
Regular acne treatments will never work but you can attack candida and folliculitis in other ways.

Aside from folliculitis, candida overgrowth can also aggravate regular acne and I can safely say mine has never been worse than it has been following minocycline.

Anyhow, sounds a little like what you describe and might be worth googling! Check out 'gram negative folliculitis' or 'malassezia folliculitis'

:flower:

I've started with burdock-capsules, just to see if it works. My skin have started to get really great now after i started with Decleor, but i still have some bad periods..

so I posted on this thread about a month ago telling you guys i'd try the no-dairy-to-get-rid-of-acne thing, and as it's been almost a month I feel I must tell you guys that this has TOTALLY changed my skin. I mean, even on my time of the month (which I normally breakout ridiculously) I did not get one pimple. and the one time I cheated and ate some cheese I got two pimples the next day. so I dont know if thats just a coincidence or whatever, but cutting out dairy has definitely proven to be a great lifestyle change for both my skin and my body!

^ seriously? :S

i dont know what id do without cereal or cheese :(

but i think il be brave and try it b/c i do tend to break out when its the time of the month.

there are milk alternatives such as soy. i dont know about the cheese though.

i break out when i have dairy too.

yeh i recently switched to soy milk.. its not as bad as people would say (to put me off)..
so far i like my cereal just the same :P

so I posted on this thread about a month ago telling you guys i'd try the no-dairy-to-get-rid-of-acne thing, and as it's been almost a month I feel I must tell you guys that this has TOTALLY changed my skin. I mean, even on my time of the month (which I normally breakout ridiculously) I did not get one pimple. and the one time I cheated and ate some cheese I got two pimples the next day. so I dont know if thats just a coincidence or whatever, but cutting out dairy has definitely proven to be a great lifestyle change for both my skin and my body!

OMG i cant agree with you more! i had stopped eating cheese and milk and my skin changed compleately, not a SINGLE pimple, but ive been bad for like 2 weeks, eating cheese every day (no milk tho) and now i have 5 pimples on my face..and they arent small either, theyre the deep cyctic kind that are under the skin...im cutting out..im so angry at myself...i had even stopped using topical acne washes and everything..as of right now im cutting out all cheese (except for the super special indulging sessions) and no milk other than soy..im so sad, but after a week or so my skin should be better!! B)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->