The Beach Boys

dior_couture1245

Fat Karl
Reaction score
The Beach Boys are an American rock band. Formed in 1961 the group gained popularity for its close vocal harmonies and lyrics reflecting a California youth culture of cars and surfing. Brian Wilson's growing creative ambitions later transformed them into a more artistically innovative group that earned critical praise and influenced many later musicians.
The group initially comprised singer-musician-composer Brian Wilson, his brothers, Carl and Dennis, their cousin Mike Love, and friend Al Jardine. This core quintet, along with early member David Marks and later bandmate Bruce Johnston, were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1988. The Beach Boys have often been called "America's Band", and Allmusic.com has stated that "the band's unerring ability... made them America's first, best rock band." The group has had thirty-six U.S. Top 40 hits (the most of any U.S. rock band) and fifty-six Hot 100 hits, including four number one singles. Rolling Stone magazine listed The Beach Boys as one of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time. According to Billboard, in terms of singles and album sales, The Beach Boys are the No. 1 selling American band of all time.
Many changes in both musical styles and personnel have occurred during their career, notably because of Brian Wilson's mental illness and drug use (leading to his eventual withdrawal from the group) and the deaths of Dennis and Carl Wilson in 1983 and 1998, respectively. Extensive legal battles between members of the group have also played their part. After Carl Wilson's death, founding member Al Jardine was ousted by Mike Love. As of 2008, Mike Love and Bruce Johnston, along with a backing band, continue to tour as The Beach Boys, retaining the name after a legal dispute. Al Jardine and Brian Wilson also continue to tour with their own respective backing bands, as of 2008. All three groups continue to play Beach Boys hits.
-Wikipedia
BeachBoys2x2.jpg

The_Beach_Boys.jpg

the-beach-boys1.jpg

(musicforgifts.com/ mog.com/ 30daysout.wordpress.com)

Discography
"Surfin' Safari" (1962)
"Surfin' USA" (1963)
"Surfer Girl" (1963)
"Surfer Girl" (1963)
"Little Duece Coupe" (1963)
"All Summer Long" (1964)
"The Beach Boys Christmas Album" (1964)
"Today" (1965)
"Summer Days (And Summer Nights!)" (1965)
"Beach Boys' Party" (1965)
"Pet Sounds" (1966:(heart::heart::heart:
"Smiley Smile" (1967)
"Wild Honey" (1967)
"Friends" (1968)
"20/20" (1969)
"Sunflower" (1970)
"Surf's Up" (1971)
"Carl and the Passions - So Tough" (1972)
"Holland" - (1973)
"15 Big Ones" (1976)
"Love You" (1977)
"MIU Album" (1978)
"LA - Light Album" (1979)
"Keepin' Summer Alive" (1980)
"The Beach Boys" (1985)
"Still Cruisin'" (1989)
"Summer in Paradise" (1992)
"Stars and Stripes, Vol. 1" (1996)

They're one of my all time favorite bands. I'm a born and raised Southern Californian, so for me, the Beach Boys feel like my culture!:lol::lol::lol: I love them so much...their music NEVER fails to put me in a good mood and they make me feel incredibly nostalgic!:blush:

Anyway, here are some of my favorite Beach Boy songs ("Don't Worry, Baby" and "God Only Knows" are some of my all time favorite songs, period, not just favorite Beach Boy songs).
"Don't Worry, Baby"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QCZ_bv9aLc
"God Only Knows"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC_UILNwWrc
"Sloop John B"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_KY_d9MQv8

Anyone else a fan of The Beach Boys?:woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
Count me in for Beach Boy love. I totally agree. "God Only Knows" and "Wouldn't It Be Nice" are in my Top 10 for sure.

Who doesn't love The Beach Boys? :D "Disney Girls" is one of my favorite songs ("God Only Knows" is another one - just listened to it today!).

I tought already existed a thread for The Beach Boys, but I guess not.
I love this band forever, there´s no better music for the summer, I don´t get tired of listen their songs.

Love all the songs in general, my favs. are "Good Vibrations", "Don´t worry baby", "Surf in USA" & "Wouldn´t it be nice".

One of greatest bands ever!

I love the Beach Boys too, perfect for summer!

What's everyones favourite album?
Mine would probably be Pet Sounds/Wild Honey.

I only have this album has around 21 songs & have another but is in vinyl.

a1cc8b4fff334e04cbb0f71f5b05fdcd.jpg

[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]www.allcdcovers.com[/SIZE][/FONT]

I love the Beach Boys too, perfect for summer!

What's everyones favourite album?
Mine would probably be Pet Sounds/Wild Honey.
Pet Sounds is incredible....some of their best songs ever were on that album.

vegetables:wink:uber-quirky and rumoured to have recorded paul mccartney chomping on the celery...

^ that's crazy :lol:

love them - impossible not to when a band makes you nostalgic for a time you never even experienced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->