The Clinique Skincare Thread

my skin is dry but oily around the T-area and they gave me the liquid facial soap, number 2 clarifying lotion (the purple one) and the dramatically different moisturizing lotion (for skin type 1) while my face feels smoother after i start using them.. the small breakouts bothers me.. =/ i'm still using the products and give it more time since right now i'm not sure what caused the breakouts.

So I guess you're skin type 2 :smile: Look sometimes people use badly the DDML and that might means little pimples. DDML is only used wherever skin feels dry, so in your case I guess you only put it over your cheeks and maybe neck... If you are using it over all your face the sesame oil might be bad for the oily areas ands as pores get clogged tiny bumps appear. But... If you're using the products correctly... That might be something normal so, as you're doing, give the products some time. :wink:

I'm devoted to the anti blemish solutions 3 step system. Have been using it for a year now and it has really helped my skin. Just stocked up today (and got a free Betty Jackson for Clinique gift set with it!)

i tried the clinique 3 step for about a week and a half right now, and i start to notice small breakouts around my T-area.. i don't know whether this is caused because i just recovered from a sickness, not using the products regularly enough, or i just have an allergic reaction to it. my skin is pretty low maintenance and i nvr have any problem with it.

it'd be sad if this expensive products ended up ruining my skin while tap water maintained it for 22 yrs =/

I think you should give your skin time to get used to it. When I bought my mum some cream her skin broke out at first too (she had never really used products on her face before) but it cleared up after a couple of weeks and now she's loving it!

I have a question about "City Block Sheer Oil-Free Daily Face Protector SPF 25" and "
Super City Block SPF 30+" and "UV Response Face Cream SPF 30 Oil-free"... I was just wondering what one of those is the most light weight product that will not clog my pores or make my skin oily?? PLEASE HELP :smile: (I always have trouble with sunscreen for my face, everything i try seems to feel so thick and tends to make me break out)

PS. I love the 3 step skin care system, it's the best thing i have come across (for my skin anyway)
Hi,I use the Super City Block SPF 40 and I use it everyday and as a foundation and it hasn't made me break out at all.I really like it and will continue to use it as foundation.It's lightweight and goes on smooth and it doesn't burn my eyes.I apply it to my face,Décolletage,neck and hands.
I was having trouble with finding a great sunscreen to use year round but have been happy since using this one.
Good luck!:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what the Spring 2011 collection is gonna look like, it's called Pretty in Pinks.

millycliniquespring2011.jpg

millycliniquespring2011.jpg

I would need an advice form you guys :blush:
Ive been using the acne solutions cleansing bar for the face, as well as the clearing moisturizer and it really, really helped my skin to clean up but now, that the winters arrived here and we have degrees like -5°C during the day, I find my skin getting terribly dry, flanky and itchy.
So my question would be, in how far can I change my routine to "nourish" my skin a bit more but at the same time remain the anti-blemish effect.
I received a sample of the dramatically different moisturizer lotion (little yellow bottle) but thats just plain horribe, it make me break out, smells disgusting and leaes my skin sort of oily all day.
Any advice would be highly appreciated, thank you in advance !!

If you're using Acne Solutions it's better to keep using oil-free products, so the DDML was a bad idea :wink:

Here are two options:

You can use the DDMG, it's oil free and the formula is much better than the original formula (it contains antioxidants,anti-irritants and skin protectants). You may use it between the cleansing bar and the Acne Solutions moisturizer.

The other option is to use the Moisture Surge moisturizer (the one that comes in a jar) over the ares you feel dry. This is an oil-free gel that contains aloe vera, anti-irritants and calming ingredients; it can be applied wherever you want and whenever you need it, you can use it as a mask, over make up, mixed with make up...

Sorry if I wrote something bad with my bad english :blush:

Hi everyone! I use the 3-step, skin type 2, and it really helps and suit my skin... But it can't take off my biggest problem and i'd like some advice for that:
My nose shines! I think it may not be that obvious for the others, but sometimes i feel like a discoball. Some advice?

If you have large pores the Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector works great and matifies extremely well !

Hi everyone! I use the 3-step, skin type 2, and it really helps and suit my skin... But it can't take off my biggest problem and i'd like some advice for that:
My nose shines! I think it may not be that obvious for the others, but sometimes i feel like a discoball. Some advice?

Exactly the same problem. I also use clinique moisturizer after the 3 steps.
Since I started using a scrub after the steps and before the moisturizer it became less shiny. Just scrub once a week.

Has anyone heard about the new Turnaround products ?

We expect them, in Europe, like on November... but I've already seen a new one in Macy's website. So these are the new products:

- Turnaround Concentrate Extra, reformulation of the current serum.

- Turnaround Overnight Moisturizer, reformulation of the Total Turnaround Cream.

I'd love to hear that someone has already tried them !

I've recently changed my skincare routine entirely. I used to use Dr. Sebagh Foaming cleanser and Creme de la Mer, but my skin was often prone to breakouts and so just so unbelievably dry all the time.

I've now switched to just rubbing my T-zone with a towel (kind of vigorously) after a hot shower and then Clinique Moisture Surge all over my face. It's not very scientific, but I've noticed a huge difference. I used to use the moisture surge about 5-6years ago, switched to Creme de la Mer as I just assumed it would be better but so glad I've switched back! It just suits my dry skin a million times better, it's not dry anymore, my blackheads have cleared a lot, pores look smaller and clearer and I get much less breakouts. Now I don't wear foundation anymore, which probably also helps a lot.

Used to use the clarifying lotion 2 (the purple one) but think it was too harsh on my skin too, made it really dry.

New skincare :buzz: that oil sounds so good :heart:

moodiereport.com

Clinique tempts travellers to Turnaround once more

Rebecca Mann | The Moodie Report said:
As revealed last week via The Moodie Report’s Twitter, Instagram and Facebook feeds, Clinique has revamped its enduring Turnaround Revitalizing franchise (first introduced in 1992) with two new products. Turnaround Revitalizing Treatment Oil and Turnaround Daytime Revitalizing Moisturizer – unveiled in London on 4 February – will be available in travel retail worldwide from April. The 30ml Oil will retail at around £25.50 in the channel, as will the 50ml Moisturizer.

The Turnaround line as a whole aims to help consumers rediscover glowing, radiant skin by boosting natural cell renewal, which can be slowed down by stress, environmental aggressors – and fatigue.

“There appears to be a growing awareness of concern about fatigue of the skin,” noted Clinique Research & Development Executive Director of Skin Physiology and Pharmacology Dr Tom Mammone, at the launch presentation. “We’ve been doing some research on this topic, and surveyed a number of consumers in Europe and Asia. In Asia, out of several hundred women, over 90% said their number one concern was that their skin looked tired or fatigued.”

Clinique has been working on skin energy, and more pertinently on how to energise skin, Mammone explained. The Turnaround collection was already addressing concerns about skin fatigue, hence the brand’s decision to update the line with two new products designed to ‘turn over’ the surface of the skin and drive energy into it via a selection of key ingredients.

“The topic of skin fatigue is fascinating, and we have been looking at it for many years,” Mammone underlined. “Energy is required for everything the body and the skin does. We have known for years that the skin has a battery, and this…electrical energy associated with it is required for two major functions.” The first is to drive or pull water into the skin. The second is for wound healing.

“When skin is wounded or damaged, it’s the electrical energy that drives the healing process,” Mammone explained. “If you stop that [electrical] field, you stop that healing process. As we age our healing process slows down so really we want to maximise it.”

Dr Tom Mammone: "We have investigated many different molecules in the lab that encourage and enhance the energy in the skin. We use [a selection] in all of the Turnaround products.”
He continued: “We have investigated many different molecules in the lab that encourage and enhance the energy in the skin. We use [a selection of these] in all of the Turnaround products.”

Caffeine – a favourite of Mammone – is included within the formula for the new Turnaround Daytime Revitalising Moisturizer, described as a lightweight, oil-free hydrator that delivers a luminous glow, restores radiance and controls excess oil where needed.

Energised skin cells are supported by a vital ionic “pump”, known as the Trans-Epidermal Electrical Potential (TEEP), which promotes the skin’s natural energy potential but can be disrupted by factors such as UV rays. Caffeine resets the TEEP to help boost energy production throughout the skin, in order to promote overall skin vitality and renewal.

Other key ingredients include hyaluronic acid, trehalose and sorbitol to moisturise, plus glow-enhancing optics. Turnaround Daytime Revitalising Moisturizer is available in two shades, Rosy Glow and Golden Glow.

“Basically, we want to enhance cellular turnover, which requires energy,” stated Mammone. “The epidermal cells go through a process of cell division, they mature and then exfoliate or desquamate. You need energy to drive that process. We have put together a set of ingredients that enhances each one of these steps.”

The new Turnaround Revitalizing Treatment Oil is described as a lightweight, nourishing oil that revitalises and rextexturises skin to restore brilliance, luminosity and smoothness.

“The Oil was a real challenge, because we wanted to include salicylic acid and other energising elements, while keeping it clear and light with a great texture,” Mammone explained. “I’m a huge fan of salicylic acid. It is raved about as an exfoliator, but it’s also a soothing agent, anti-inflammatory, and it turns on the skin’s protective responses. It’s a protective, beneficial molecule.”

Mammone described Turnaround Revitalizing Treatment Oil as a great “cap”, to seal moisture into the skin. Other key ingredients include mango seed oil to fortify the skin’s barrier, and antioxidant vitamins C and E.

thanks for the heads up marc! I love the Turnaround line. it's reasonably priced and every product from that line is a winner.

that oil sounds suspiciously like the Estee Lauder version which launched about two weeks prior to when my Seasonal CL gig ended. but that's part of why I've always been a CL girl. I appreciate state of the art ingredients without the state of the art prices^_^ the EL version did have a very subtle rose scent which i loved but this being CL's offering, theirs most likely will not have a noticeable scent to it.

I'll def hafta checkout and compare the Cl w the EL version which i think runs $70.

moodiereport.com

Clinique targets blemishes with two new partners in grime

Rebecca Mann | The Moodie Report said:
Clinique has created a new cleanser designed to rid skin of blemish-causing bacteria, dirt, oil and impurities. Anti-Blemish Cleansing Gel is available now in travel retail doors in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and will roll out to the Asia Pacific region in May.

The product is described as the ideal partner for the brand’s new Sonic Anti-Blemish Solutions Deep Cleansing Brush Head, which features two types of rounded bristles for a gentle, customised cleansing experience.

Anti-Blemish Cleansing Gel is the latest addition to Clinique’s Anti-Blemish 3-Step System. Described as lightweight and non-stripping, the foaming gel cleanser is said to instantly remove dirt and unplug pores, leaving skin soft, smooth and comfortable. It removes bacteria buildup, exfoliates, controls excess sebum and calms and soothes irritation, according to the brand.

Blemishes are a universal skin concern across all ages, ethnicities and genders, Clinique maintains. Nearly 50 million American suffer from breakouts, including up to 85% of teens and 20% of adults.

9s718n.png

Clinique is launching her new moisturizing cream, Dramatically Different, which provides advanced hydration throughout the day while strengthening and protecting the skin, particularly if it is dry and sensitive.

Ideal for extreme weather conditions, as it contains sunflower seeds and extracts of barley and cucumber.

Also contains hyaluronic acid, glycerin and dimethicone, ingredients that soothe the skin and provide a deep, long-lasting hydration.

We love it not only because it helps you achieve younger and healthier skin, but also because it is 100% fragrance-free and non-allergenic.

blog.beautenet.com

New masks!

clq_ZC7E_402x464.png

Pore Refining Solutions Charcoal Mask
Mattifying mask absorbs oil, impurities and environmental pollutants to help detoxify skin. Charcoal powder draws out deep-seated debris to purify pores, while mineral clays soak up excess oil. Skin feels fresh, smooth; pores look noticeably refined. Oil-free. For Dry Combination to Oily Skin Types.

clq_Z49F_402x464.png

Even Better Brightening Moisture Mask
Skin Types: Works for all skin types.
Luxurious cream mask helps skin appear to have a new level of luminosity, helping restore radiance to dull, dehydrated looking complexions. Revitalizes and intensely hydrates so skin emerges feeling soft, smooth, supple.

clinique.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cstmbres
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->