The Da Vinci Code

I agree!

For some reason I never got round to reading the book, I just read my mother's booksa cuz I'm too poor to buy my own and I owe loads of money to ther library and she gave the DVC to a friend and never returned it... I'll still read it because my friend said the book had a lot more detail about codes and the paintings :smile:

Nope .. Haven't read the book, but I so wanna read it. But I'm going to watch the movie very soon. :D I'm so excited!

Hi. I read the book a long time ago. My brothers even got me the edition with the picture when that one came out. It is one of the best book out there. I have never read a book as interesting as that book. Usually, I prefer more chic lit. Like Confessions of a Shopaholic. I love that series. So The Da Vinci Code is a really different kind of story. I can't wait for Dan Brown's next book.

I also got a chance to see the movie. It was very good. They had the best actors. Tom Hanks was by far the best choice. The only problem with the movie was that he solved all of those puzzles or anagrams so quickly. Well, it makes sense cuz it's a movie so they have to have him solve it quickly. Or else the movie would be really long.

Clearly, I wouldn't read the book. However, I've just seen the film. I thought it was pretty poor, to be honest. The 'mysterious' plot is dull a ditchwater. Templars, Mary M, Opus Dei? Does the book not have a single original idea or is it a truly dreadful screenplay... Who doesn't know that the modern church was essentially created by the Nicene Creed? The Apocrypha are available in public libraries, I hardly call that sinister...

I thought the book was a fun thriller to read. like others have said..this is just a novel for enjoyment...not meant to be for 'intellectuals' or serious literature....i think some people are taking this way too seriously..guess it can't be helped because of the religious content and with the spotlight right on it.

Not surprised that the critics are bashing it...people probably set the standard/hopes too high on the da vinci code. I usually don't agree w/ movie critics anyways :rolleyes:

i thought the movie was pretty good..even though i already know the story. I didn't have any expectations for Tom Hanks..because quite honestly, I thought Robert Langdon was a boring character. Paul Betthany was it? He was amazing as Silas.

Lower your expectations for both the book and movie and you will be pleasantly surprised...

I must admit, Dan Brown's other books were soo much better. Anyone seen the movie? Opinions...I just saw it today and I felt it was too dumbed down...made it a little cheesy...but i still liked it =)

I just watched it on DVD last night. Tom Hanks was like a block of wood that talked, Audrey Tatou was a disappointment - as much for the fact that her character was basically written out of the script as for her wooden dialogue. Paul Betthany and Ian Mckellan (?sp) were the saving graces. There was a lack of depth to the script, that while the book was more like a script written for Hollywood in the first instance, the script was a mish mash of edited out material and bad oneliners "I must get to the library...". I mean really.:doh:

^ oh yea...it annoyed me so much how much was taken straight from the book...not much original interpretation on the script writer's part =\

It's interesting how this turns out. First it was "Yay" but now it is too fashionable to some people thinking they are "oh so [...]" and wouldn't make their pure mind to like such a book.. oh mon dieu~ :lol:

And i'm very sad when somebody with deep belief calls me a fool (or says it's satan's work) when i mention the book or the movie.. Who's the narrow-minded now? :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nocknock
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->