New Chanel film "Coco Avant Chanel"

Yup .. just saw the trailer .. im just in shock that its more about her life -as an excuse to show the clothes! and not the other way around .. lol)

Anyhoo ... Im happy .. want to see it!

I've just watched a 20min. tv doc' (for Canal+) about the movie ...
it looks a-ma-zing !!!!!!!!!

Audrey Tautou is Chanel in the movie ! She's great in this movie ...

im just in shock that its more about her life - as an excuse to show the clothes! and not the other way around .. lol)
That's the other way around ... In the tv doc' Anne Fontaine says Fashion is an 'excuse' to show what woman she really was and everything ...
"She invented on herself ... She was one of the androgyn ... Her body is very important for what she invented ! She would never invented this wardrobe if she had a 'typical' womanly body" .... approx. translation of Anne Fontaine ...

But anyway, Chanel invented a new woman, free women thanks to Fashion ... So I guess, of course, Fashion is important ! It's a Fashion figure ..... not a political, nor a scientist ... It's because of clothes that she is an early20th century feminist ... She wanted to free women through the wardrobe ...

Anyway ... Anne Fontaine mixed certain characters into one ... for instance Gabrielle's sister (Adrienne in the movie) is a mix of the aunt of Gabrielle (Adrienne) and Julia (the real sister) ... or is it the inverse ?! lol ....
Adrienne also embodies the woman of this period (same for Devos' character - Alençon mixed with another friend of Coco - spelling ?) ... and in this way, both embodies the contrary of Coco ...

Anne Fontaine also deals with Coco's men to show the romanesque love affairs she had ....

i'm not sure i've been clear ....
anyway ...
i cannot wait ... I still think the movie poster is not good for a Chanel movie !

I went to see this film in the cinema the other day, and I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed after its conclusion - From the way it was filmed to the plot development the film on a whole missed the mark. I couldn't help but feel that the characters were two dimensional, mere caricatures.
The best part of the film was the final ten minutes, where there is an inherent focus on Coco the designer rather than Coco and her ailing love affairs.

I saw it yesterday and agree with cuiviénen.

Fashion and Coco Chanel's actual importance for the culture of the 20th century are pushed a bit to the side in favour of a ménage à trois story, and it's as if her later career is based on the love she had lost.

Nevertheless very well produced with loving details and wonderful costumes, and Audrey Tautou is once again fabulous. And yes, those last 10 minutes were what I was dreaming about...

What did Lagerfeld think of the movie? Does anyone know?

I haven't heard about the film, but he's off on another campaign against Audrey, so I doubt he would praise the film... :(

^Do you have the quotes or the link to the story? I just read Karl said some nasty thing's about her, but i dont know the whole story, i mean she is such a cutie and seems nice, dont get why he would hate on her. :(

Anyway went to see this movie with my sister, and we both LOVED IT, i liked the fact that the fashion wasnt the main focus, but the woman was.I really enjoyed it, and was not let down, Audrey did a great job.

^ S, there are lots of things about the latest "feud" on the Karl Lagerfeld Thread back a few weeks ago... Evidently Audrey said she didn't really wear Chanel and so on, this after her doing an entire ad campaign for them on top of the movie, and Karl let her have it!! :rolleyes: :wink:

saw it tonight and thought it was beautiful... but perhaps because I was in a romantic mood I allowed myself to just get swept away in the love story and wasn't craving a movie just about fashion

I saw it today and while I didn't think it was a great film, I was blown away with the attention to detail, in not just the clothing, but the other props. It's worth seeing.

I have to say that I expected more from this movie..but still Audrey looks great^^ and I love that it's in French

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->