The Hunger #2 : Monica Bellucci & Robert Sheehan by Rankin

blueorchid

you soft and only
Reaction score

Issue Two

For the second issue of The Hunger, on sale 10 May 2012, we focused our attentions once again on in-depth interviews, starting with our cover stars, the iconic Monica Bellucci and rising star, Robert Sheehan. We have gone into depth exploring new features including: thriving British designers Katie Eary, Henry Holland, Craig Lawrence, Louise Gray and James Long, Hunger looks at female nudity in art and publishing, visualising music, artists such as Storm Thorgerson, the life of the Monte-Carlo circus convention and the work of online photo- essay magazine, Life Force to name a few.

Cementing our reputation for providing high- quality, edifying editorial, and interviews with the most talented names of the arts, we spoke to Gilbert and George, Tim and Sue, Mark Farrow, Alan Aldridge, Ron Arad, David Montgomery and Joseph Szabo. In music, the Black Keys, Theo Parrish and The Gossip. In fashion, Heidi Klum, Pam Hogg, Jean-Claude Jitrois, Oscar de la Renta, Paul Smith, Helena Christensen and makeup artist Ayami Nishimura. And in film, Juliette Binoche, Werner Herzog, Mark Strong, Malcolm McDowell, Annabelle Wallis, Tilda Swinton and Toby Kebell, with most interviews also available to watch exclusively on hungertv.com.

We widened our pool of contributors, bringing together the best of every field. Working with stylists Way Perry, Brett Bailey, Maryam Malakpour and Kim Howells, and illustrators Carne Griffiths, Tim Laing and Alison Carmichael. We featured the consistently smart and witty words of Michael Holden, Deborah Bee, Oliver Basciano, Caroline Ryder, and Ruby Warrington.

pitchengine

Wow. Both covers are beautiful. I rarely like Monica B. but this is very nice.

the content sounds amazing...beautiful covers!

Wow he must love Heidi cos she was featured in the first issue as well;-)

Both covers are very impressive. Monica's could have been a 'LOVE' cover.....kinda reminiscent of what they have been producing lately.
Nice to see Robert getting some attention too, with a very striking cover image.
Good work Rankin.
Thanks for posting blueorchid :flower:

a little preview of helena's editorial... it is black/white and she is supposed to be posing with one or two male models...

twitter

Totally over Monica, but I do like these covers!

Preview of Vlada's ed
AsC0arICAAAknBj.jpg:large

twitter@hungermagazine

Love both covers.
The content looks interesting, well sought and thorough.
Helena's and Vlada's editorial previews, are already making me want to look forward this issue.
Looks promising.... i agree, good job Rankin. But let's see :smile:

Such a pleasant surprise to see Robert on a magazine cover. :wub:

Special edition cover.

Hunger Magazine Twitter

her editorial is silver/black not black/white as I originally thought;-)

sadly the quality of the snapshots is very poor and does not showcase the effect of editorial very well...

mysnapshots

Im really curious about this magazine but it's a bit pricey, considering postal and package... can anyone give the objective opinion if its worth purchasing? covers look really nice but Im more curious about the content. I really like when the magazine has a lot to offer both visually and in terms of reading.

I bought this a few days ago just as I was walking to the tills and I remembered seeing a preview of Vlada's ed on tumblr or something so i thought £4.95 I cannot moan and it has 511 pages so it's a very good bulky magazine. I've only flicked through it quickly to find Vlada's ed and to be honest it is quite impressive!

sadly the quality of the snapshots is very poor and does not showcase the effect of editorial very well...
mysnapshots

'ONE OF THE BOYS'

Ph: Rankin
Styling: Way Perry
Hair: Tina Outen
Make Up: Caroline Saulnier
Nails: Adam Slee

streeters.com

thanks for the HQ... cos scanning this would have been a nightmare...;-D
still I must say that the edit looks better in real... even though the images are HQ, the silver effect is not noticeable...
I also love Juliette Binoche editorial... she looks stunning...

"Screen Siren"
Photographer: Rankin
Model: Vlada Roslyakova
Stylist: Kim Howells
Hair: Kenna
Make-up: Yin Lee
Nails: Adam Slee

streeters.com

"Lighthouse"
Models: Amber Le Bon, Tali Lennox & Unknown
Photographer: Rankin?
Manicure: Adam Slee