The Perfect Black Pump

katebug, you didn't mention your price point. All of those mentioned so far are very expensive. Brian Atwood has some nice ones also, but very expensive too.

There are far too many basic black stiletto pumps in the $50-$100 range to mention here.

Although I agree with everyone, it is pretty hard to find a decent pair of louboutin pumps in Australia - it's like we get the dregs of everywhere else in the world :cry:

You are in Sydney - you have some choice. I live in Perth, imagine our selection. 3 crappy styles at DJ and some ugly styles at Scanlan. I really don't understand their choices. Or perhaps they sell out before I get a chance to see them?

like the perfect black leather jacket or the perfect pair of jeans...
I find that a perfect pair of black pumps is one of the hardest things to find...

here we can share our finds and suggestions for the perfect pair!...
:woot:

personally, i'd like something that wasn't really pointy or really round...
and not with a super spiky or super chunky heel...
maybe 3 - 4 inches high...
and maybe one in leather and one in patent leather...
B)

any ideas?

:unsure:

^^^ Softgrey - does Christian Louboutin not do really simple classic 'pumps' like that?

Of course, where i come from, pumps don't have heels.....LOL.

softgrey, I agree with you. My perfect black pump should be moderate.. in heel, cut and toe. Few years back I was in love with pointed toes, but now I'm looking for something rounder. I do love patent, but I'm temped to go to the more classical side and choose leather.

Right now, my perfect one would be the Christian Louboutin Prorata. It's very comfortable, yet elegant but slightly different than a classic one because of the platform.

cl_prorata.jpg

(image: neimanmarcus.com)

great idea for a thread, softie...
this has been a big stumbling block for me because i have every other type of shoe on earth but have a huge hole in this area. mostly because i dont wear pumps that often, well mostly never but there is a need for them in a wardrobe. i see the need for a simple, unobtrusive black pump for times that call for a style of dress this requires subtly. i also think if i found the right pump it would come in handy for days when i want to wear a jean but dress them up a bit in a finer almost academic way.

i dont like thin heels so the perfect black pump would have a chunky heel but not bulbous. suede is good but not for year round. a bit of texture would be nice to add a little something but not necessary. slightly round toe and a bit of a platform.

these are my choice for the perfect pump. casual but still very elegant.
gimmeshoes.com

7528d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My perfect black heels. I love pumps that are more on the high side and isn't chunky.

Steve Madden Russh is my favorite. So comfortable and goes with everything. Affordable too!
pl842445-01p01v01.jpg

piperlime

lightningfields...please post a credit for the image you posted....thanks!

the ann taylors are on my list as well...
i think they are lovely and classic and very well priced...

helena
...no posting flats in the pumps thread you!...
:judge:...:lol:...:P...

Brian Atwood has a few, but they might be 5" and they ain't cheap.

my perfect black pump for work was most recently, imo the
f/w10 prada pointy-ish pumps. the ones instore without the bows were pretty much perfect for work imo. (unfortunately, I settled for a beige/khaki-ish pair as the black were out in the height i wanted)

suitable for all occassions, alaia always has pumps that have nice soft points. His shoes are so elegant. I have a suede/patent pair that have been much more useful that expected!

Miu Miu often has really great black pumps.

if only louboutin didn't do the red sole...it's a turn off for me.

for a thicker heel, acne had a really cute pair last season (though, suede)
http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/95670

softgrey, I'm so with you on this one!

it is a neverending quest for me, too.

while they only do a couple of styles per season, and in limited supply, i think a.p.c.'s shoes are always spot-on, timeless designs that look of the moment even years later.

i searched high and low and can't find a picture of their pumps but they do make them (maybe once every other season, once a year at least)

slow and steady wins the race has also tackled this problem...although this may not be what you're looking for (material is black canvas) it's funny because it addresses this exact need
sswtr_new_york_ss08_24.jpg

photo from azitastore.com

then there's one of my all time favorites...
70e274beac477e5ac6929ae0887f9d0f.jpg

pierre hardy (from eponymous website)

My perfect black pumps are not very high (less than 6 cm), suede, slightly chunky heel and almond toe.

Pumps are my choice of heels so I'm fussy on finding the perfect pair. Pointed ones don't work for me because I have broad feet so I settle with the round ones. I can only tolerate up to 4-in heels and anything higher will kill my feet. I hate that the basic ones are the hardest to find (given my tight budget). Miu Miu always has great pumps, I wish I could afford it. (snazzyheels)

Attachments

• miumiu2.JPG
    miumiu2.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 405
attachment.php

^these are my perfect pumps in goatskin.
I bought them when I was expecting my first - and they :o:o:o still hold up!!

hanne, so funny you posted this, i've been in a classic prada gear lately. lovely shoe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->