The revolving door at Emanuel Ungaro (please put all Ungaro news here)

It's been two seasons and he is gone already...maybe it's time to end it with the House of Ungaro...

He's leaving already? Wow, Ungaro really can't seem to find the person for them.

Yes, I echo what everyone else is saying. Lindsay Lohan and Estrella Archs were a disaster. Cortazar and Deacon both only managed a few seasons each, it's probably time to just stop with Ungaro at this point.

What? Giles is out already? They gonna destroy the brand this way. :(

sad thing is Deacon was the best thing that could've happened to them. that last collection for Ungaro was very good.

Can someone post the article from WWD. I can't access it. :flower:

^ it's not very long:

PARIS - Emanuel Ungaro SAS and Giles Deacon announced that they have “mutually decided” to end their collaboration.

It is understood the spring-summer 2012 collection, to be paraded Oct. 3 at Salle Wagram, will reflect the work of the design team.

"Emanuel Ungaro embodies a very rich and distinct DNA which the company will deliver with a modern spirit,” stated Jeffry M. Aronsson, Ungaro’s chief executive officer.

wwd.com

i honestly really like giles for ungaro. i think they should hire vanessa seward (formerly of azzaro) i think she could give it the perfect glam, chic, parisian cool.

Shame. Ungaro was such a mess lately, and Giles did the brand good. Could've been something special.

It's embarrassing really.

Did Giles really do the brand any good? I don't recall reading really positive reviews of his two collections nor have I seen any pieces standing out in editorials. I wonder if his collections sold well. My guess would be no.

this is really sad and embarrassing all at once. i think they should close for a while and then refresh. let all the bad taste leave and come back anew.

I actually enjoyed all Deacon's collection so this is quite shocking news...I thought he was doing really good but I guess I was wrong...
At this point they should hire Lindsay again :lol: :rofl:

^ Agree. They just can't seem to get the right formular going.

i honestly really like giles for ungaro. i think they should hire vanessa seward (formerly of azzaro) i think she could give it the perfect glam, chic, parisian cool.

Me too. I love Giles's own label so i was happy with what he did.
I could get onboard with Vanessa (I didn't realise she had left Azzaro :ninja:)

Emanuel Ungaro Names Creative Director

EMANUEL UNGARO has named Sicilian designer Fausto Puglisi as its new creative director and will be returning to the Paris Fashion Week schedule next season. The French fashion house hasn't shown a catwalk collection since October 2011.
The brand has partnered with Italian company Aeffe - which will act as a licensee for global production and distribution - in order to relaunch its line. Aeffe also controls labels such as Moschino and Alberta Ferretti.
"Emanuel Ungaro is a brand that has left a significant mark and still has a lot to say," said Massimo Ferretti, chairman of Aeffe. "Puglisi is a young talent with an international visibility - but with strong roots in our Latin world - and who will be able to turn it into a new and contemporary line."
While not yet a household name, Puglisi has previously dressed the likes of Madonna, Beyoncé and Jennifer Lopez (he's known for his extravagant, stage-worthy designs) and has consulted for Versace. He also has his own label, stocked at Dolce & Gabbana's Milan concept store.
The Aeffe license will run for seven years with the option to renew, reports WWD. The apparel company will also have the option to acquire a significant share of Ungaro's capital stock - but not before 2020.
Ungaro has had a string of designers at its helm in recent years, most notably including Giles Deacon and a short-lived creative-advisor partnership with Lindsay Lohan.
vogue.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Burke
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->