The Statement Necklace S/S 09

Lovely. Missoni has been doing great ones for quite some time. Makes me think of a necklace I have. will take a pic and post. I got it from a Mexican import shop and has lots of sharp pointed mother of pearl on multiple strings.

eta: I agree we'll see this on the street a lot more. To be honest, it's been building for quite awhile and I think people will be quite comfortable sporting pieces of this size, when they've been used to wearing big ornaments around the neck.

This also makes me think of the zipper necklace that Susie Bubble has, and a couple of other members. I LOVE it but have been yet to ascertain a price.

Anyway, here's a quick snap of me and my necklace. Sorry it was in a rush so I didn't fix it. All the points should be facing down, and should be the same color. You could turn it over and have all the points be a darker brown. I usually wear it with a deep V neck, since then there is a lot of 'chest space' for it to cover.

Attachments

• Necklace 004 (resized).JPG
    Necklace 004 (resized).JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:
So many of the necklaces have a vaguely tribal feel, so you're definitely ahead of the game, Meg.

Love the Vuitton pieces.. Marc must still be working with Scott Wilson.. :heart:

All of the designers at Valery Demure's firm have been doing this for years, too...

you're definitely on the right track with that necklace meg ^_^
i actually don't mind it all wild like that... :P

thanks for sharing your own pic!
and, i agree that suzie's zipper necklace is unbelievably cool :P

i'm not sure if the image is originally from suzie's blog or from altamira's blog, but it is part of suzie's outfits in paris that were featured on tfs...
http://www.thefashionspot.com/sidewalk-cafe/susie-bubble-in-paris-899

i figured we should all have the visual just in case anyone didn't already see it :wink:
"Outsapop's Zipper Collar" is what she called it...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 26
I think outsapap is the person who made it.....one of our other members has the necklace as well! I think maybe ImpossiblePrincess? Or did I make that up?

I think also, because of the model's height, one doesn't really get a proper understanding of the size of these pieces. Like in the picture I took of myself, it kind of just looks like a big necklace, but what you don't see is that my waist is only a couple of inches away :lol: So if you took some of these pieces right off the model and onto someone else, they might go from being 'statement necklaces' to 'drowning necklaces'

john galliano
00010m.jpg
00220m.jpg
00280m.jpg

style.com

^I like those too...especially the gold with the grey. very pretty.

Love the Phillip Lim in #6, especially the first on the left.
Also the Icebergs and gold Valentino one :heart:
Beautiful thread!

^ That one on Stam with the big chunk of amethyst is beautiful.

It is lovely. However, it is also something I feel I could pick up on vacation in BC for about $40, and cobble together myself :lol:

Oh of course, and given that it'll be upwards of $1,000 USD you'd probably be better off doing that :lol:

Wow the Marc Jacobs ones are beautiful...I love the outfits too! The Stam shot is :heart: :heart: :heart:
LOL at the above comments though, so true...

I think a great way to wear it is,
Look at those ones by Marni
They are either completely soft tones or very saturated,enriched tones
And then notice what kind of garments, their colours are worn with them

Soft toned necklaces worn with a general stronger toned dress
Saturated colours worn with a more sombre toned dress

It's a way of bringing attention to your 'statement' piece :wink: if you use that idea of contrasts/opposites

-
And then you can compare it to these ones here @Marc Jacobs
I would probably not even notice the necklace with the dress, either the dress or necklace..

Last edited by a moderator:
omfg! the necklaces are beautiful! i wish men had necklaces like those! haha

a great way to add some zing to a wardrobe instead of investing in the pricier top. as the budgets get smaller the necklaces seem to be getting bigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbtina
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->