The tFS Book Club (please see rules/guidelines in post #1)

^how about "Into the wild" by Jon Krakauer? it's also been turned into a (fantastic!) movie...i've never read the book before but would love to

trailer for the movie

there are so many though do you have a favourite genre?

i personally would like to read "The river why" by David James Duncan (also turned into a movie:lol:)

i'd be ok with Hemingway, although i was deeply disappointed with "the old man and the sea" (only book by him i've ever read)...tbh i'm not sure if i could enjoy his other work, but i'd be willing to give him another try, should his book be chosen

:woot: I would also like to read a non-fiction book as well! Wonderful idea.

Maybe Hemingway can sit on the back burner. I'd actually rather re-read his The Snows of Kilimanjaro.

^ I've heard about that book and always wanted to read it :woot:

I have always wanted to read A Child Called It. It is a very well known real story and I think everyone should read it once in their life, it's available in audio and all sorts.

^I've read that book, but I highly recommend it and the books that follow it. A tip though is have a box of tissues at hand:wink:

I have always wanted to read A Child Called It. It is a very well known real story and I think everyone should read it once in their life, it's available in audio and all sorts.

This is a very difficult book to stomach. But it is truly inspiring. If you feel like your life is bad, imagine being this trapped child. -_-

I enjoy fictional war stories, so I might throw out All Quiet on the Western Front. :flower:

I would like to read A Child Called It - selfishly for me though, as the book is sitting on my "to read" shelf at home already...

Okay, suggestions for the new book so far are:

A Farewell To Arms - 1 vote
The Snows of Kilimanjaro - 1 vote
Into The Wild - 1 vote
The Book Thief - 3 votes
A Child Called it - 2 votes
All Quiet On The Western Front - 1 vote

Papa, you have suggested 3 different books - is there one in particular you wish to option for this round?

Haha, :lol: oh man, I didn't think they would all make the list. My bad.

I would like to withdraw all votes and cast one, instead, for A Child Called It. ^_^ Thank you, Belowen.

I'll be skipping this one in favour of... reading a chemistry textbook. I just don't have the time for misery memoirs, they're one shade beyond what I would consider useful reading. A bookshop in town stocks a whole cabinet of them under the giant heading of 'Tragic Life Stories'.

i vote for into the wild but dont mind child called it either wouldnt mind re-reading it again although oviously first vote for something new to me...

I vote for into the wild as well, a child called it is one most people have read, and while good - it's rather depressing....

i dont mind which one wins because i haven't read any of the ones proposed, but i vote for Into The Wild ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Im really sorry but im going to have to step out of reading Never let me go ..ive had surgery this last week and been poorly and totally forgor to order the book, and now it wont come in time, and to be honnest im proballynot up to reading the book..defantly reading the next one though :flower: I havent made much of a sucess of this book club thing to be honnest have I?? haha next one definate i swear!!

at least you have an excuse! I've just forgotten to order it :shock: :P

get well soon snowqueen :flower:

I'm reading it. It's amusing and really well written.
Also one of the characters reminds me of me. Haha:lol:, I love when that happens.

i couldnt find it in english, so i download it in spanish, hoping is well translated, and still havent had time to begin it, but i will maybe tomorrow or during the weekend ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->