The Universe, Our World

But yet, you can treat it like the tree in the woods:

If the universe ends, how will it be ended, because nothing will be able to comprehend it as gone?

Originally posted by ahhGucci@Aug 12 2004, 12:15 PM
I couldnt agree more, now lets say in theory that there was a god who made this, real, quantifiable thing, would it be any easier to comprehend this god?
[snapback]329679[/snapback]​

i'm with prince and his first statement, but i also feel the point ahhgucci makes is a profound one...if an incomprehensible universe exists, then it is also possible that an incomprehensible God exists

not to say you have to believe it, but you can not deny it is possible

The fundamental belief of Islam is that there is One God, that He has no partner, He begets not, neither is He begotten, He always was and always will be. He is All Good, All Mercy and All Power. The Unity of God is the basic Islamic belief and all other articles of our faith are dependent on it...so im sorry i cant agree wiith you guys on the concept of multiple deities.

and its also a part of ouur faith to believe in the last day. buut im not uure if it' ll mark the end of the world alone or will the whole universe cease to exit.
but we do believe that life after death is not a new phenomenon; in that all it's manifestations will be reflections of what one does in this life. each soul will be held accountable for what it has done and that God will punish and reward accordingly. life as we know it is only transitory and that life after death is a permanent state.
"...and in dying that we are born to eternal life" -sinead o connor

Originally posted by ahhGucci@Aug 12 2004, 12:14 PM
then you will find that comprehending god or his existance thereof is a fruitless and i dare say, impossible task for the human mind, and many have tried.
[snapback]329676[/snapback]​
Maybe we're not supposed to understand it at all?
Isn't that part of the point...
:flower:

we cant! humans onny uue 4 % of their brain...which is probably why we cant ever undertand some things...

*sorry dumb question*

Is there a way we can use the 66 % remaining part of our brain?

Anyways, I believe that the world is much much much much more complicated than we'd expect, and I believe there is something surnatural about our existence. Aren't we living in such a "perfect" (*cough*) world? I mean, every element is sooooo well balanced, humans are such complex beings (physically speaking). I mean, if we tried to create a human being using whatever composes us, it would be impossible to make that human a LIVING creature, which pushes me to believe there is something very spiritual about our existence. Which pushes me to believe that the world itself is something very supernatural...

All that '4%' means is that only 4% of the brain has an electrical impulse in it at any given time.

Originally posted by Kimkhuu@Aug 17 2004, 09:07 PM
*sorry dumb question*

Anyways, I believe that the world is much much much much more complicated than we'd expect, and I believe there is something surnatural about our existence. Aren't we living in such a "perfect" (*cough*) world? I mean, every element is sooooo well balanced, humans are such complex beings (physically speaking). I mean, if we tried to create a human being using whatever composes us, it would be impossible to make that human a LIVING creature, which pushes me to believe there is something very spiritual about our existence. Which pushes me to believe that the world itself is something very supernatural...
[snapback]336476[/snapback]​

umm.....heard of cloning?...we're making living tbeings as we speak...what used to be incomprehensible is now commonplace...think of the internet for crap's sake...or cell phones or tv;s...everything will be comprehended eventually...humanity is actually very young...relatively speaking ...we haven't existd for all that long...and at the rate we are progressing....we will either solve all of life's mysteries pretty rapidly or blow ourselves up...

:mrgreen:

Originally posted by Kimkhuu@Aug 17 2004, 09:07 PM
*sorry dumb question*

[snapback]336476[/snapback]​

The word belief implies a choice that one makes to believe or not believe in something. Belief is no longer neccessary or an option once you know. It's called faith,you either have it or you don't .

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 17 2004, 09:19 PM
umm.....heard of cloning
[snapback]336483[/snapback]​

Softie, what I was speaking of was something different from cloning, cloning implies a process which "is not too far" (relatively speaking) from the developpement of humans. What I was speaking of was the creation of a human being "mechaniquely".... Believe me, I've worked on a one year project on stuff related to cloning and all that stuff. :doh:

Originally posted by Kimkhuu@Aug 17 2004, 10:07 PM
Softie, what I was speaking of was something different from cloning, cloning implies a process which "is not too far" (relatively speaking) from the developpement of humans. What I was speaking of was the creation of a human being "mechaniquely".... Believe me, I've worked on a one year project on stuff related to cloning and all that stuff. :doh:
[snapback]336532[/snapback]​

why would anyone expect to create a living thing mechanically?...nothing living is created that way...it has to grow...but it can be grown artificially...by the hand of man...not necessarily the hand of god...

that's my point...

Kimkhuu, I certainly understand where you are coming from.

I often question why so we readily accept the reality with which we are presented.

A lot of people think it's pretentious and naive to question this, as it has 'all been said before' - but shouldn't it be the other way around?

Of course, I doubt there will ever be an answer as such, certainly not one everyone will agree upon, so in the meantime, I suppose we'd all go insane.

I agree with your sentiments on religion. It is hard to say this without offending anyone, but I feel it is so ludicrous to believe a story about a God creating the world, in this day and age of scientific progress, an equasion, a drug, a theory, a formula to solve every problem.

I think therefore it's important to keep questioning our own lives, and constantly looking at things from a different perspective, finding meaning and quality in our own thoughts and activities.

I hope that made some sense.

When one sees the intricacy of the world, the ingenious nature of the human body, the variety of species, the ocean, weather, stars, planets, everything ever made by human hands, to me it is much easier to believe in a creator God than that it is all a big accident. That's like observing a tornado plow through a junk yard and expecting to find a new, fully-assembled Porsche 911 left in its wake. :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey+Aug 18 2004, 03:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Aug 18 2004, 03:19 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>umm.....heard of cloning?...we're making living tbeings as we speak...what used to be incomprehensible is now commonplace...think of the internet for crap's sake...or cell phones or tv;s...everything will be comprehended eventually...humanity is actually very young...relatively speaking ...we haven't existd for all that long...and at the rate we are progressing....we will either solve all of life's mysteries pretty rapidly or blow ourselves up...

:mrgreen:
[snapback]336483[/snapback]​
[/b]

Originally posted by Kimkhuu@Aug 18 2004, 04:07 AM
[snapback]336532[/snapback]​

<!--QuoteBegin-softgrey
@Aug 19 2004, 01:23 AM
why would anyone expect to create a living thing mechanically?...nothing living is created that way...it has to grow...but it can be grown artificially...by the hand of man...not necessarily the hand of god...

that's my point...
[snapback]337727[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Only Picaso can make a work of art that can be called a piece by Picaso, but, people can copy (or clone) his work, but can never call it, their work. Cloning a person and creating a person are not one and the same thing.

We still dont fully understand how each DNA chomasome counts for each feature, we may have mapped the human genome, but trying to make a human from scratch is still a far flung possibility.

these are the real problems of our world.....

-Unequality (which covers starvation, bad healthcare, poverty, gender/sex/colour issues )
-Evilness (which covers violence, crime, terrorism, general unfriendlyness to people)
-Man made problems (pollution, obesity, destruction of nature)
-Physical problems (weather causing problems for people...ie: floods, lack of water, hurricane's...etc......and also possibility of meteor hitting earth)

The one thing I've always wondered, but never dwelled upon cause it hurts my head after a while, is how is it that the universe just doesn't end? Like, if we were able to go that far into space, how is it that there would neve be an ending??? Can something possible be infinite? And if it isn't then what's at the end?

well......if it does end.....we know for sure its something black :lol:

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 18 2004, 07:23 PM

that's my point...
[snapback]337727[/snapback]​

even with cloning, man isn't really making a being "grow" ...they are just finding other ways to START the growing process...and change the codes for physical outcome....we are FAR from actually creating these codes (ie. an actual DNA nucleotide from scratch), and we are far from actually being the ones inducing the growth (i.e. getting the DNA to make a cell, which will then split, which will then serve a specific task, etc)

but even IF we create the final physical being from scratch and learn to make it grow, we are very far from making that physical being actually LIVE...(i.e. make choices, love, hate, form opinions, etc)

these things, as of today, are IMPOSSIBLE for man to create...cloning is childs play

Originally posted by CaptainJackSparrow@Aug 20 2004, 01:32 PM
even with cloning, man isn't really making a being "grow" ...they are just finding other ways to START the growing process...and change the codes for physical outcome....we are FAR from actually creating these codes (ie. an actual DNA nucleotide from scratch), and we are far from actually being the ones inducing the growth (i.e. getting the DNA to make a cell, which will then split, which will then serve a specific task, etc)

but even IF we create the final physical being from scratch and learn to make it grow, we are very far from making that physical being actually LIVE...(i.e. make choices, love, hate, form opinions, etc)

these things, as of today, are IMPOSSIBLE for man to create...cloning is childs play
[snapback]339526[/snapback]​

Very well put

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->