The Wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle (May 19, 2018)

I think that Meghan looked just lovely and very much like herself. She had a lot of people to please, or at least not offend and I think she did just that. Harry is not a contender for the throne and this wedding was not a state occasion. I think they both his that tone marvelously.

Agee, thank you SO much for starting this thread for us! :heart:

I've been hooked to the Sky News coverage since 9AM, been extremely excited for this Royal Wedding and there's been a ton of excitement around our village here in Northern England this week!

Meghan's looked beautiful all day, thought the dress Clare Waight Keller designed was perfect for the occasion. Regal, refined, elegant and utterly sophisticated. Meghan was an absolute vision walking up the steps and into the chapel, with total grace and charm. She's been true to her own sense of style on this occasion, which is most important, and even the Stella McCartney evening dress Meghan changed into was perfectly executed.

As for the guests, The Duchess of Cambridge, Amal Clooney, Priyanka Chopra and Oprah stole the show. Victoria Beckham, on the other hand, forgot the best accessory of all: a smile!

She looked beautiful but the dress was a total let down. It's a shame too because I always think she looks incredibly well-dressed! Clare produced better pieces in her first couture collection.

She looked gorgeous in her gown.

Amal was the best dressed guest.

Loved both dresses and also the makeup choices for day and changing.

I think that Meghan looked just lovely and very much like herself. She had a lot of people to please, or at least not offend and I think she did just that. Harry is not a contender for the throne and this wedding was not a state occasion. I think they both his that tone marvelously.

AGREEEEEEEEED! They did it their way while still being "Royal". They were respectful to the throne but had their own touches. I thought it was beautiful. She looked beautiful and that choir singing Stand By Me..........im not crying, you're crying:heart::flower:

Loved the wedding, St. George's looked magnificent and it all felt very magical, that choir near the end of the ceremony was my favourite part.

The dress was a bit dissapointing, I liked the veil, the tiara and the neckline but the fit made her look wide in the waist and overrall I would have gone for a lighter fabric. That double bonded silk has a beautiful finish and weight but it ended looking untidy because of the construction. An austere wedding dress is much more to my liking but it requires a more meticulous attention to fit.

Serena was my best dressed, elegant, appropiate yet glamourous. My only complaint would be that necklace looked out of place.

I thought her dress was a little underwhelming at first but if you going to look at it 20 years from now, it still should look good and that means classic and timeless so I think that is where she scores in. Agree that the fit can be better though, especially this being couture.

(...)The vows didn't even use their full given names (Harry is actually Henry (and 3 middle names) and Meghan is actually Rachel Meghan).(...)

Their full first names were said in the very beginning of the ceremony. I really didn't mind that their full names weren't used during the vows themselves, for me it made it a bit less formal, but that's just me. I don't know, I really enjoyed the wedding, it was so different from William & Kate's, which has obvious reasons of course. Perhaps the only part that was a bit less enjoyable was when M. Curry got a bit carried away & kind of forgot why he was there. Anyway, she looked absolutely gorgeous and Harry was really handsome in his suit.

I thought her dress was a little underwhelming at first but if you going to look at it 20 years from now, it still should look good and that means classic and timeless (...)

Yes, I agree with your comment, it definitely is timeless and 20 years from now people would not think that her dress is out of style or anything, not like with Diana's, which was so classically 80's.

Lady Kitty Spencer at the wedding
4C6B8E4100000578-5633981-image-a-18_1526721507363.jpg

4C6B92C100000578-5633981-image-a-17_1526721457708.jpg

dailymail.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alksdnfskfgikwjfne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"