Thick Hair

Does anybody else have really thick hair but really fine strands? I'm struggling to find a flattering cut - my hair has no volume because it weighs itself down.

Also, to add one more opinion to the "thinning" topic - it always makes me look like a mushroom! No matter the stylist, no matter the length.

Does anybody else have really thick hair but really fine strands? I'm struggling to find a flattering cut - my hair has no volume because it weighs itself down.

Also, to add one more opinion to the "thinning" topic - it always makes me look like a mushroom! No matter the stylist, no matter the length.

I have a similar problem with regards to styling my thick and wavy hair. I somewhat of a rounded face and "edgy" or buzzed cuts don't work on me.

I can't have short-ish hair (like Cole Mohr) because products, even the most expensive, cannot hold my thick wavy hair in place.

But I can't have long hair either (like those hippie guys) because my hair become so heavy that it'll just flatten down like a wet dog.

And when I have the right length the only way to style it properly is to straighten it, but it makes me look like a mushroom, and since I have very very very dark hair it looks like a bowl cut from any angle. The only way I can make it look decent is to dye my hair into light brown, but then I have to suffer with very dry damaged hair so I and other people can only enjoy my "sexy looking hair" for only a couple of weeks.

And then I end up having to cut it and the process starts all over again.

:lol:

I've actually heard that thinning your hair with the thinning scissors is bad for your hair as well. I've had mine thinned before too but what my stylists would do is twist locks of my hair and use the scissors to cut down the twisted hair so that bulk would be taken away rather than making the strand of hair thinner, if that makes any sense lol.

My hair stylist slices through my hair instead of using thinning scissors to reduce volume and create a softer texture. Basically he takes very sharp scissors and slides them through the bottom layers without closing the blades. He usually does every second or third visit to the salon.

I think as long as you have regular trims at a salon and use a good deep conditioning mask once a week bobs can look great with thick hair.

This is a great mid length bob for thick hair:
brownmed.jpg

hmhair.co.uk

p.s I LOVE your cut and colour mousquerader :heart:

I've actually heard that thinning your hair with the thinning scissors is bad for your hair as well. I've had mine thinned before too but what my stylists would do is twist locks of my hair and use the scissors to cut down the twisted hair so that bulk would be taken away rather than making the strand of hair thinner, if that makes any sense lol.

YES this is the proper way to thin hair -- fairly sure it's called channel cutting. I think notching/thinning shears are a nightmare because you get that weird internal layer and it gets frizzy as hell with all those weird little bits going every direction... thinnign it out with the scissor or razor does that a bit too, but i find it looks much more natural and less like weird straight across layers where you don't want them. ughck.

Does anybody know of a hair clip that holds thick hair. The regular ones they sell in stores do not hold all of my hair.

i used to have really thick hair.. i ruinedddd it with all the coloring and rebonding etc..
sigh..
its getting back to its natural way slowly thankfully..
do any of you take care of your hair in a specific way?!?

I don't wash my hair everyday. Every other day seems to work best with my hair. I also rarely blow dry my hair. In the winter, I will wash my hair right when I get home to allow it to dry naturally before I go to bed.

Has anyone ever been told they have enough hair for 2 or 3 people? I've recently wondered if people aren't even exaggerating when they say that about my hair. If some of it wants to be become eyebrow hair instead, I'd be ok with that.

Has anyone ever been told they have enough hair for 2 or 3 people? I've recently wondered if people aren't even exaggerating when they say that about my hair. If some of it wants to be become eyebrow hair instead, I'd be ok with that.

YES! All the time! And I get told a lot that if I ever cut my hair short, they will have enough hair to make 10 wigs! :rolleyes: :P

^ LOL The last time I cut a lot of length off they asked if I wanted to donate it but it was 3 inches less than what is used so I don't know if they were able to use it.

^ LOL The last time I cut a lot of length off they asked if I wanted to donate it but it was 3 inches less than what is used so I don't know if they were able to use it.

Haha really? :P Oh my! No that never happened to me, but my best friends mom cuts my hair... :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrigitteXCX
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->