This is England... (Skinhead Chic)

^^Me too.
This style is so far from femininity so I just stand it on girls. I think there's something more - this girls doesn't act like girls and it makes everything looks so.. rough.

i prefer the original pics with people who were involved in the whole well i want to say revolution, but a small one... everything else is recycling

^Isn't almost all fashion about recycling and adapting though? Originality is very prized but sometimes I find the retellings and the reinterpretations much better.

I do think I understand what you mean though, that there's a real story behind the original pictures as opposed to the others?

Never liked this trend. Mainly because a large part of it comes from punk anarchists from the 1970s and 1980s. I'm thinking of Generation X and The Clash. But that being said DSquared did a mens collection a few years back that was skinhead-inspired and I loved it.

^Isn't almost all fashion about recycling and adapting though? Originality is very prized but sometimes I find the retellings and the reinterpretations much better.

I do think I understand what you mean though, that there's a real story behind the original pictures as opposed to the others?

i think fashion is more about innovation. and i prefer the old photos cos they were not only related to fashion, but they are also reflection of the whole society, those people were part of cultural revolution. but im not saying that going back to decades is bad. i just love originals.

^^Me too.
This style is so far from femininity so I just stand it on girls. I think there's something more - this girls doesn't act like girls and it makes everything looks so.. rough.

I think it comes down to how you interpret the style. I would describe my look as half mod,half skinhead. If I'm wearing my doc martens and a parka/harrington,I would pair it with a feminine dress to offset the 'harder' aspects of the outfit. I would say that it doesn't win you a lot of male attention though :lol:

My first shaved head experience was 3 days ago - I did Mohawk!!!
I love it but my family and friends are in shock :smile:))

The feeling is definitely more like tomboy, but being always part of alternative culture I guess that works for me just fine :woot:
what do you guys think ?

396155_342027255879391_1042874862_n.jpg

(my pic)

what do you guys think ?

Way too large, it looks like a Justin Bieber, not a mohawk. Sorry if that sounds harsh.

On the bright side Justin does look like a teenage girl with shourt hair. However Katherrrina is right. It looks more like you just got the sides buzzed. A mohawk can be wider than the top of your head and yours looks like the clippers did not go all the way up. Go back and have them redo it. Alsoa mohawk reallty should not be that way it should be skinneier than the width of head. Go back and have them make it about 3" wide and redo you photo and everyone will say "YAY What an adorable Mohawk she has. She is such a cute punker girl. " :smile:

PS - here is an article on History of Mohawks.

http://todayontoday.com/2011/08/the-history-of-mohawk-hairstyle-336

Adding some colored hir makes it show off more and with the right trimmer you can have designs buzzed on the sides, which grow out in about 3 weeks. Have fune!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stksbnn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->