Thomas Dekker

Kenysha75

Reaction score
Thomas Alexander Dekker (born December 28, 1987) is an American film and television actor and a musician. He is also a singer and has written and produced two albums. He is best known for his roles as John Connor in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Nick Szalinski on Honey, I Shrunk the Kids: The TV Show, and Zach on Heroes. He also did the voice of Littlefoot in The Land Before Time V-IX (singing voice in The Land Before Time V) and as Fievel Mousekewitz in An American Tail: The Treasure of Manhattan Island and An American Tail: The Mystery of the Night Monster. He is also known for playing Jesse Braun in the 2010 remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street, and recently, Smith in Gregg Araki's movie Kaboom.

506px-Thomas_Dekker_LF.JPG

Early life

Dekker was born in Las Vegas, Nevada to a Dutch father and a Welsh mother. His mother is a concert pianist, acting coach, actress, and singer, and his father is an artist, set designer, opera singer and actor. As a child, he and his parents moved all over the world, spending time in the United States, Europe (Yorkshire, England, in particular) and Canada. He has a half sister named Diana and a half brother named Erik.
Career
Early career

Starting his acting career at age six, Dekker was first seen in the soap The Young and the Restless. He then appeared in Star Trek Generations and Village of the Damned. Later, in 1997, he became a regular on the Disney Channel Original Show Honey, I Shrunk the Kids: The TV Show based on the movie of the same name where he played Nick Szalinski for three years. After the show ended in 2000, he went on to appear in Run of the House, Fillmore!, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, House, Boston Public, Reba and 7th Heaven. He appeared in films such as Campus Confidential and An American Tail: The Mystery of the Night Monster. He has won three Young Artist Awards for his work in the The Land Before Time films and one for his guest appearance on Boston Public.
2006 - present

In 2006, Dekker landed a recurring role on Heroes playing the character of Zach, (Claire Bennet's best friend). He played Zach for eleven episodes before leaving Heroes to take a starring role in Fox's new show Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles as John Connor, starring opposite Lena Headey and Summer Glau. That show debuted January 13, 2008 and was cancelled on May 18, 2009. Dekker is currently playing the lead character Nate Palmer in the web based science fiction series IQ-145.

In 2009, Dekker appeared in From Within, a thriller filmed in 2007, and My Sister's Keeper, a drama in which he starred alongside Cameron Diaz, Alec Baldwin, Abigail Breslin and Medium star Sofia Vassilieva.

Recent roles include Laid to Rest, which also stars Lena Headey, All About Evil, an indie horror film,Slaughter's Road, a werewolf film co-starring Ray Stevenson and directed by David Hayter, and Cinema Verite, a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the 1973 PBS documentary series An American Family in which he plays Lance Loud. He starred in the 2010 remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street, released on April 30, 2010. His character's name was Jesse Braun, loosely based on the character Rod Lane in the original.

Dekker played the male lead in Gregg Araki's Kaboom (2010), the first film ever awarded the Cannes Film Festival "Queer Palm Award" for its contribution to LGBT presence in cinema. Dekker was a "top candidate" for the lead role in Paramount's remake of Footloose but the role went to Kenny Wormald.

As of 2011, he has been cast as Adam, the male lead on the series The Secret Circle on the CW network.

Dekker was brought up with a musical background, and started writing music at age ten while living in Canada. At the age of fifteen he landed a record deal; however after feeling that he wasn't as involved in the music as he would have liked, he left to concentrate on making his own music. At the age of sixteen, Dekker started writing and producing his own classical music influenced by electronica which he describes as "electrofolk". His' first album Psyanotic is complete and is currently in negotiations with record companies and he is working on a second. Some of his music is hosted on his MySpace page. His first album Psyanotic has recently been released for full download and purchase on the iTunes store.
Personal life

Dekker has stated that for much of his childhood, he was a victim of sexual molestation. In his teenage years, he was part of a "metalhead" subculture, where he "caused trouble in Las Vegas", and was arrested "five or six times".

Dekker was involved in an auto accident on October 15, 2009, when he hit a 17-year old cyclist training for a race on a freeway onramp. Originally charged with two counts of felony DUI, the charge was reduced to one count of misdemeanor reckless driving when it was found that the cyclist was at fault. He pleaded no contest, and was sentenced to a fine of $300 and two years of informal probation, and ordered to attend a 12-hour alcohol-education class. Dekker is a vegan.
Awards

* Young Artist Award — Best Performance in a TV Comedy Series — Leading Young Actor (Honey, I Shrunk the Kids: The TV Show) (1997)
* Young Artist Award — Best Performance in a Voice-Over: TV/Film/Video — Young Actor (An American Tail: The Mystery of the Night Monster) (1999)
* Young Artist Award — Best Performance in a TV Series — Guest Starring Young Actor (Boston Public) (2000)
* Young Artist Award — Best Performance in a Voice-Over Role (The Land Before Time IX: Journey to the Big Water) (2002)

Filmography

* Star Trek Generations (1994)
* Village of the Damned (1995)
* Honey, I Shrunk the Kids: The TV Show (1997-2000)
* The Land Before Time V: The Mysterious Island (1997) (singing voice)
* An American Tail: The Treasure of Manhattan Island (1998) (voice)
* The Land Before Time VI: The Secret of Saurus Rock (1998) (voice)
* An American Tail: The Mystery of the Night Monster (1999) (voice)
* The Land Before Time VII: The Stone of Cold Fire (2000) (voice)
* The Land Before Time VIII: The Big Freeze (2001) (voice)
* The Land Before Time IX: Journey to Big Water (2002) (voice)
* The War Prayer (2007)
* From Within (2008)
* wh*re (2008) (also editor, writer, producer and director)
* Laid to Rest (2009)
* My Sister's Keeper (2009)
* A Nightmare On Elm Street (2010)
* Kaboom (2010)
* All About Evil (2010)
* Chromeskull: Laid to Rest 2 (2011)

Television

* The Young and the Restless (1993)
* The Nanny (1994)
* ER (1994)
* Seinfeld (1994 & 1995)
* Star Trek: Voyager (1995)
* Caroline in the City (1996)
* The Weird Al Show (1997)
* Extreme Ghostbusters (1997)
* Honey, I Shrunk the Kids: The TV Show (1997-2000)
* Touched By An Angel (2000)
* Grosse Pointe (2000)
* Family Guy (2001) (voice)
* Jackie Chan Adventures (2001) (voice)
* The Mummy: The Animated Series (2002) (voice)
* Family Affair (2002)
* Run of the House (2003)
* Filmore! (2003) (voice)
* Boston Public (2003)
* CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2004)
* 7th Heaven (2005)
* Campus Confidential (2005)
* Reba (2005)
* House (2006)
* Shark (2006)
* Heroes (2006-2007)
* Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (2008-2009)
* Elvira's Movie Macabre (2011)
* Cinema Verite (2011)
* The Secret Circle (2011)

Discography
Albums

* Psyanotic (2008)
* Protean (TBA)

Soundtracks

* From The Land Before Time V: The Mysterious Island:

* 1997: "Friends for Dinner", "Always There", "Big Water"

* From An American Tail: The Treasure of Manhattan Island:

* 1998: "Anywhere in Your Dreams"

* From The Land Before Time VI: The Secret of Saurus Rock:

* 1998: "Bad Luck", "The Legend of the Lone Dinosaur", "On Your Own"

* From An American Tail: The Mystery of the Night Monster:

* 1999: "Get the Facts", "Who Will"

* From The Land Before Time VII: The Stone of Cold Fire:

* 2000: "Beyond the Mysterious Beyond", "Good Inside"

* From The Land Before Time VIII: The Big Freeze:

* 2001: "Family", "The Lesson"

* From The Land Before Time IX: Journey to the Big Water:

* 2002: "Imaginary Friends", "No One Has to Be Alone", "Chanson D'Ennui", "Big Water"

* From 7th Heaven:

* From the episode Red Socks
* 2005: "Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive"
* 2008: "From Within"
wikipedia.org

Last edited by a moderator:
Thu, 10 January 2008 Megan Fox is the Terminator

Megan Fox rocks out a black sheer minidress and gray suede thigh-high boots at the premiere screening of FOX’s Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles held at the Arclight Cinerama Dome on Wednesday in Los Angeles.

The television broadcast of the show will be on Sunday, Jan. 13th. Set your TiVos now!

Also pictured: Sydney Freggiaro, actor Thomas Dekker (John Connor), and Megan’s boyfriend Brian Austin Green

Peep the ruching on the lapels of Brian’s blazer — thoughts?

10+ pictures inside of Terminator fan Megan Fox…
justjared

Mon, 14 January 2008 Terminator: I'll Be Back... Tonight!

Chronicles helped FOX score the best opening night demo ratings of any new show in three years Sunday night. At least 18.3 million viewers tuned in to watch Sarah Connor (Lena Headey) and her son John (Thomas Dekker) run for their lives with the help of their fearless protector Cameron (Summer Glau).
sarah-connor-chronicles.jpg

And how hot was Glau????? Sizzling. The series should definitely keep Owain Yeoman around–he was fantastic in Kitchen Confidential and The Nine. It’s too bad those series were so short-lived. Hopefully Terminator can turn that around for him and give him steady work!

Tonight is the second half of the two-part premiere of Termintor. Tune in TONIGHT, Jan. 14 @ 9PM ET/PT on FOX. Don’t miss it! 20+ promo pictures inside of the cast of Terminator…

WHAT DID YOU THINK of last night’s premiere of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles?
justjared

Mon, 14 January 2008 Terminator: I'll Be Back... Tonight!

justjared

Terminator Returns Tonight!

Cameron (Summer Glau) continues to battle the machines in the Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.
terminator-tonight.jpg

In tonight’s “Queen’s Gambit” episode, Andy (Brendan Hines) submits his computer into a chess competition. During the match, a stranger who has ties to Sarah (Lena Headey) meets up with her. John (Thomas Dekker) makes new friends at school while Cameron gets a counseling session. Meanwhile, Agent Ellison (Richard T. Jones) finds remnants of a “Terminator Battle,” continuing on the trio’s trail.

Pictured below: Brian Austin Green of Megan-Fox-boyfriend fame (and 90210) guest-stars in tonight’s episode! Watch an interview with BAG about Terminator here.

You can watch a preview of this episode here. Tune in TONIGHT, Feb. 11 @ 9PM ET/PT on FOX.

10+ promo pictures inside of tonight’s Terminator…
justjared

Tue, 29 April 2008 Summer Glau is Young Hollywood

Terminator cutie Summer Glau and her hot boyfriend Daniel Wisler attend Hollywood Life magazine’s 10th Annual Young Hollywood Awards at Avalon on Sunday in Hollywood. Costar Thomas Dekker (pictured below) was not far behind.
summer-glau-young-hollywood-awards.jpg

On the red carpet, both Summer and Thomas have a lot to share with EW about The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Glau said: “I hope they make sure to keep the action level high. I really enjoy it and I feel very comfortable jumping around and kicking butt. I don’t want to see it become — and I think the fans would agree — some sappy, depressing drama. I think we are safe, but I figured I’d put that out there. I feel like our storylines were just starting to really come together when the strike happened, and it is going to be hard to get fans back [on board] and to attract new fans. We were really building toward something, and then Bam, we had to stop. At least we had an episode filmed that was meant to be a middle episode, but it worked as a finale. So we didn’t leave people hanging in a bad spot, but you lose momentum and a level of comfort and it will be like starting all over again.”

Dekker said: “We are going back to shoot in June. It is a very complicated show with lots of effects and stunts, so it takes a while to do each episode. And, of course, we are hoping that once we do those 13 they will keep us on to finish out a whole season. [My character John Connor] undergoes a lot of changes in the coming episodes and season. It was intentional. Anyone who was afraid that my John was a little too weak will be pleasantly surprised in the second season. It was always the plan that I would go through a transformation and become a bad ***. I have to prove I am not a wimp and it’s going to be fun. We wanted it to start small and then make audiences go, ‘Oh s—.’”

25+ pictures inside of the Terminator stars at the Young Hollywood Awards…
justjared

Tue, 29 April 2008 Summer Glau is Young Hollywood

justjared

Thu, 22 May 2008 Thomas Dekker is One-Sleeved

Terminator star Thomas Dekker arrives at the American Idol Season 7 Grand Finale held at the Nokia Theatre on Wednesday in Los Angeles.
thomas-dekker-one-sleeved.jpg

The 20-year-old actor, who plays John Connor in FOX’s The Sarah Connor Chronicles, arrived in strange zip-up sweater with its left sleeve cut off.

Having only one sleeve helped Thomas accentuate the tattoo on his left forearm. The French phrase “Le Monde Tourne” translates to “The World Revolves.”

The Sarah Connor Chronicles will be back with a second season later this year.
justjared

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->