Tom Binns - Jewelry Designer

hi everyone, i'm new to this forum but i am a huge TB fan... i did a whole post on his style and those that are similiar. i wont link it cuz i dont think im supposed to be driving traffic to my website on this forum! but you can look into it on my profile. in the meantime here's the image i used to illustrate :smile:

binnsfluence.gif

i did a piece on Binns' influence and found a bunch of great pieces. definitely check out Katherine Sturgis ... they aren't as vintage-styled but they are gorgeous, also http://www.iosselliani.com/ which I discovered through the Brook & Lyn blog.

Here are the credits for the pic:

1,2,3. Tom Binns

4. Vintage (from AZillion Sparklz... a funny online store).

5. Top Shop.

6,7. Erickson Beamon for Target. Which came first? Chicken, egg, Binns?

8. The next generation ... Katherine Sturgis.

I think it's obvious how much his ideas have influenced a new generation of designers, but maybe he was influenced by others before him. What do you think? I'm wondering if he was the first to do the whole vintage remix style...

Last edited by a moderator:
The necklace on the left is amazing!!!

brig - I have heard of this happening actually. I had a customer return a cuff b/c it completely snapped in half. They are indeed very delicate.

That's so disappointing! I've been eying this cuff (source: net-a-porter:(
sb30uh.jpg

But I've mishandled quite a few of my delicate jewlery in the past and had to take them back to the jeweler, which infuriated my mom, b/c we usually buy our jewelery in India, so it's kind of a pain. I'll be in NYC in a few weeks and am excited to go to his store to check out the pieces.

You can find his cuffs on ebay for $250-$400 from the really famous collection (sorry can't remember the name). Not sure if the people are picking up the pieces at Nordstrom or Neiman's outlet store, but they seem to have quite a few pieces and they are authentic. Worth checking out.

Meg - thanks for the info. I'm going to be on the lookout. I stopped going on ebay because it can get really addictive (for me at least) but those sound like such good deals!

chaneladdict - that second statement necklace is gorgeous! i'm going to have to hit up the forever21 store to check it out for myself.

yeah i bought it the other day, it's fabulous. There are also earrings that are neon yellow/rhinestone that I got that aren't online at the moment.

absolutely nothing compares to the real tom binns stuff..

the topshop stuff is scarey in person...
and the erickson beamon for target is even worse...

:yuk:...

if you can't afford the tom binns real thing...
then i think your safest bet is vintage...
or...opening a savings account and save up...
you know, like people used to do in the 'old days'...

:lol:...

i need to dig this thread up. i'm so into his work. his diamond, pearl and safety pin necklace is just... eyegasm.

I love worship and adore Tom Binns' work, however, I don't think Erickson Beamon can be accused of copying him, as they have been doing almost the same thing for just as long.

There is a Tom Binns' sample sale on gilt.com yesterday (ends at midnight on 11/24). I finally bought a piece - the lavender and silver crystal flower cuff...can't wait to receive it in the mail! I know it's delicate, I'll just have to be extra cautious!
xn4yzo.jpg

gilt.com

Last edited by a moderator:
^It is absolutely a stunning piece - congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->