Tom Ford : Life after Gucci (November 2004 - March 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
taz said:
New York, Los Angeles, London, Milan and Tokyo.....but why isn't Paris there ???

Hmm, I thought that would be obvious.

PrinceOfCats said:
It occurs to me...when the news is being reported by a journo who can't even afford a spell checker, you just know it's another 'luxury' 'high-end' line from Tom Ford...

I don't know, but this sounds a bit unnecessarily snobbish to me, :ermm: although like probably quite a few other guys on this forum, I am not a big fan of Tom Ford in myself either. His design always makes me feel "NERVOUS".:ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know, but this sounds a bit unnecessarily snobbish to me,

Expecting a journalist who's probably twice my age to be able to spell? I think that's pretty reasonable.

Finally. I can't wait to see what he will throw down the runways for us :D

juice major said:
Yee Ha...here he is in the November W magazine!!

:heart:

For the girls...and some guys

I really wish you haven't posted that....

that tom ford magazine pic..... :sick:

he's the king of tackiness....

go away tom ford....

go direct movies or something, i'm so done with you.

Kimkhuu said:

No, absolutely, he's really a kind man and a timeless gentleman......... :innocent:

Kimkhuu said:

You should see the rest of that ed on style.com
It's... peculiar :blink:

Tom Ford says that there isnt a mens Chanel couture type scene right now...1 QUESTION: WHAT GUY WHATS A MALE VERSION OF A CHANEL TYPE TWEED SUIT????? sorry I love Tom Fords work but John Galliano Homme is where its at...Galliano flipped menswear on its head and made his line between a cross of ready to wear with couture.... I am especially referencing Galliano Homme Spring summer 2005..last years collection!! Model Will Chalker reppin a Galliano Gazette Henley Shirt in blue with the matching hat to the side....I bought 3 of those shirts at the paris boutique!!! Tom Ford is hot no doubt...but Galliano Homme and Dolce & Gabbana is wear its at folks!!!!!

Mr-Dale said:
You should see the rest of that ed on style.com
It's... peculiar :blink:

He looks so much sexually..."multi-functional" in those photos!:shock: It's really a bit too much for me. I guess I am just conservative and squeamish.:wacko:

Kimkhuu said:
:blink: ok.........?!

let's just say, i am not as THRILLED as you are.......

makes two of us kimkhuu.., three if we count nader in :wink: :D

:blink: he actually lost a lot of weight :ninja:

I'm interested in seeing how this turns out, I'm glad Tom's back. I always thought he had a great sense of flair in his personal style, so he probably won't mess up in his return to dressing men.

gallianoboy said:
Tom Ford says that there isnt a mens Chanel couture type scene right now...1 QUESTION: WHAT GUY WHATS A MALE VERSION OF A CHANEL TYPE TWEED SUIT?????
I don't think it's meant quite so literally. The Chanel tweed suit has been a staple for fashionable women for 50+ years...what he's saying, or at least what I got from it, is that men don't have something that timelessly chic.

The editorial was very weird, interesting, and I liked it....but I didn't come close to understanding the idea behind it.

And I agree with Lena, Tom definitly has lost some weight. But I remember an interview or something where he said for the weeks leading up to his last show the whole design team was drinking martinis all day or something like that....so maybe that's why he looks thinner now that we haven't seen him for a bit.

...Thank you. Menswear actually doesnt need good ol' Tom actually. YSL, Givenchy, Gucci, Boateng are producing spectacular collections, I actually forgot about Tom in the menswear realm. Tommy, we need a womens line, like a crack wh*re needs money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiliesAreLovely
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->