Tom Ford Womenswear F/W 13.14 London

It's not as bad as everyone is saying. This is the type of collection you have to look at the individual pieces as everything seems to make a statement and when that happens, it looks messy. I like a lot of the pieces actually !

I hope to see a video soon.
Good point

I don't understand. Why are we seeing pics. What happened to his rule.

So far I don't like it. Might change when we see it in eds.

This is the jolt needed for fashion week. It looks repulsive but I want to keep looking.

I'm actually looooooving this, he really stepped up for the runway, I'm adoring, can't wait for the video!

It's like Anna Piaggi exploded on the runway. This is great so far !

I kind of like this. I feel like we've been programmed to adjust our aesthetic sensibilities to all things minimal nowadays, so that when we see a collection like this our response is to view it as tacky or overdone.

I will say that I find this a lot more graphic than anything Tom has done before, but I really feel a certain sense of excess and middle-finger waving glamour that is intrinsic to the Ford brand. Bring on the tackiness I say. We all need it sometimes!

I never realized how much he loved animal prints until now.

i really like this, some of the stuff is extremely tacky, but I think a lot of women will want this stuff especially the outerwear

Definitely the most horrible collection of the year. Or decade. He is no Christian Lacroix, therefore he should not try to do this exotic mix of prints and textures.

:yuk:

And come to think of it.. we already have Peter Dundas Pucci offerings for the audience Tom used to have, so who cares for him anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just love it because it's tacky. LOL

But seriously, lbr, who the hell would wear that hideous pink, patchwork suit?

I have to say that coat on Mirte is aaaaaamazing! And yes, there is some great looks !

Have to say, there's a lot to like here.

Even if you find the styling over the top or excessive (which, don't you think that's the intention?), you can't deny that there are some really fantastic designer pieces here. People love to slander Tom, calling him a stylist, and not a designer, but here I see so many jackets, skirts, tops, pants and dresses that look thoughtfully and masterfully executed. You can see where your money will be spent. I kind of miss that flashy display of money sometimes that was so prevalent circa 2002-2004.

I particularly love the looks on Karmen and Bette. There are certainly things here I'm not crazy about, but there's a lot I do like.

In a time when everyone and their mother are doing their best Celine imitation, I'm glad Tom is being true to himself and offering the customer something distinct and memorable. You either like it or you don't - and isn't that the point?

Some meeean cuts here, like that velvet dress on Maria. Love that dress on Caroline and that gown on Julia. There are some misses here, but I think it's down to a styling matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->