Too Poor for High Fashion?

^ I think there's so much insecurity around design and fashion ... I think a lot of people use it and their access to it to prop up their own sense of self-worth and deservingness. Anytime I hear anyone complaining about good design being available to the masses, like at Target (I'm thinking everyday utilitarian objects), I know they have a problem.

Last weekend I visited my local Hermes boutique for the first time ... a brand perhaps generally known for putting people in their place. The doorman and SA I worked with were great ... but a couple women from the neighborhood who I guess were wearing their tennis clothes (tennis whites no more) gave me a 'You don't belong here' look. One of them was trying on blue suede loafers that truly looked terrible with what she was wearing, and her friend was advising her they would look good with other things, so I got a tad bit of satisfaction when the red shoes my SA brought out looked absolutely stunning with my wide-leg black coated jeans :lol: Take that, HP ladies -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciadiazb
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->