Underrated Actors

I agree with chichina (235).
Michael Fassbender is amazing, his performance in Hunger was def. something & he is dreamy:wub:.

Cillian Murphy. His performance as Darren/Pig in Disco Pig still amazes me :heart::blush:

Johnny Depp is definitely an underrated actor. Sure he does roles that are a bit crazy but he has done roles that are not so crazy but still damn good. He isn't afraid to be different, weird, strange, loving, drag, a bastard, drug addict and so on. He does what he feels is right to him and doesn't always try to be mainstream.

People should see The Libertine, Sleepy Hollow, Blow, Man who Cried and Fear and Loathing Las Vegas. Great examples of his work.He is more than just a good Edward Scissorhands or Captain Jack Sparrow.

^ I've seen all of those except The Man Who Cried and The Libertine. I thought he was amazing in Fear and Loathing. I don't know if he is underrated though, everyone knows that he is brillant ^_^

In Hollywood, I feel he is more underrated.

I don't think he gets the credit he deserves.

He is way better than Brad Pitt and George Clooney.

I still think he should of won the Oscar for his performance in POTC.

Even though I think Johnny Depp is very talented, I don't think he is underrated. Maybe you mean some of his roles are underrated? Like in Ed Wood. Not a very popular movie, but I think he was his funniest in it.

He's been nominated for an Oscar and is praised a lot for his performances in general... that's why I get the impression that he's not so underrated.

^ yeah, I think he gets a lot of praise, maybe he isn't in papers or talked about as much as Brad Pitt, but that is because he tries to stay out of the press.

He was amazing in Ed Wood :heart: I really liked his performance in Benny and Joon, so sweet ^_^

Johnny Depp is definitely an underrated actor. Sure he does roles that are a bit crazy but he has done roles that are not so crazy but still damn good. He isn't afraid to be different, weird, strange, loving, drag, a bastard, drug addict and so on. He does what he feels is right to him and doesn't always try to be mainstream.

People should see The Libertine, Sleepy Hollow, Blow, Man who Cried and Fear and Loathing Las Vegas. Great examples of his work.He is more than just a good Edward Scissorhands or Captain Jack Sparrow.

In Hollywood, I feel he is more underrated.

I don't think he gets the credit he deserves.

He is way better than Brad Pitt and George Clooney.

I still think he should of won the Oscar for his performance in POTC.

Actually, I think Angelina Jolie fits that description more. Back in the late 90s and early 00s, no, but ever since "Brangelina" people only see Angelina Jolie in her performance, they can't get over "those lips" or "her sl*ttiness":rolleyes: Much more than just a gun-wielding bad*ss, she is a fine actress (Girl, Inturrupted, George Wallace, A Mighty Heart, Changeling), although more charismatic, which is what makes her a star. Same with Johnny. Everyone I know loves him and his acting, including myself. But if you've noticed, he almost always plays someone weird and out of the box and many times socially misfit, especially recently, which is what he's known for and what made him famous and relevant today. Although The Tourist seems to be something out of character for him (a movie with.....Angelina :lol:) but the plot is till vague, so we'll see.

Yeah, Cillian Murphy is underrated.

^ LAURA LINNEY! Absolutely. And I love Diego Luna, as well. :blush:

And I think Lisa Kudrow is an excellent character actress. If you don't think so, watch The Comeback. I know I sound like a broke record, as I know I've mentioned elsewhere on The Fashion Spot this show... but it's so great. :flower:

Sam Riley from CONTROL, but im not sure if hes that underrated :unsure: he'll make it bigger soon enough...

On what planet is Johnny Depp underrated?

Is Meryl Streep too?
What about Marlon Brando?

Blake Lively. I know she hasn't have chance to prove herself in Gossip Girl, but you should watch Elvis and Anabelle or The Private Lives of Pippa Lee. She is really good in those movies. Especially I loved her in Elvis and Anabelle. And she is still very young and I'm sure she gets more and more better and have a great future as an actress. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->