US Elle June/July 2024 : Anya Taylor-Joy by Dan Martensen

Second one is gorgeous. Colours, composition and typography are perfect.

I know Kendall is… Kendall. But why should Anya have been on Vogue vs Elle? You say that as if Elle never has had stars on it before prompting a summer blockbuster, when that’s not true.

She always photographs like a model but that black and white cover isnt her best. Love the photo in a pinstripe suit.

She always photographs like a model but that black and white cover isnt her best. Love the photo in a pinstripe suit.
Yes, not a fan of the pair. Glad she scored a major cover, but lacks of something. Though is not Nina's worst at ELLE. Has some decent elements.

Elle has been the best of the mainstream American fashion mags lately -- maybe being a bit under-the-radar compared to Vogue and Bazaar allows them to feel more freedom? Well done Nina G.

Both are good covers but I like the one with the colorful striped sweater. The colors work so well together and are pleasant to the eye. I have a feeling it might be a subscribers only cover.

Nothing says "June/July issue" quite like the coverstar being bundled up indoors wearing a big fuzzy turtleneck in holiday colors.
For some of us in North America, we’re never free from the threat of snow… so I like being acknowledged!!!

• Haha
Reactions: KoV
^^this most likely will be reprinted in the southern hemisphere where is winter... so you have a bit of both styling choices.

^^this most likely will be reprinted in the southern hemisphere where is winter... so you have a bit of both styling choices.
ELLE Argentina for sure. I can see this for July

For some of us in North America, we’re never free from the threat of snow… so I like being acknowledged!!!

And always like it when girls and women wear an oversized, chunky cocoon of a sweater with short shorts and boots in July. In the city, it just makes sense since the AC in buildings can be chilly— and boots make sense amongst all that concrete and glass of the concrete jungle. My city’s been on a construction marathon for the last few years, and wearing dainty footwear while maneuvering through the construction hazards is the stupidest thing to do.

ELLE easily stomps all over Vogue these days. Let go of what Vogue once was because its current state is pathetic. Don’t care what big names are shooting or what big names they may still draw: If these big names aren’t putting in the effort they once did, then they’re as pathetic as the brand Vogue. They don’t deserve my support.

there is always something off when i see her wether on a magazine or in a red carpet...somethings she looks like she was AI-generated. that doesnt translate on her movies...weird..it happens all the time to me.

Some images are good..and i believe ELLE is doing a great job.....

My least favourite covers of American ELLE in what feels like a very VERY long time. Massively underwhelmed by this. Not a fan of how cold, lifeless and sterile it's all looking for a double June/July offering. Dan Martensen's photography and Anastasia Barbieri is amateur beyond belief here!

@vogue28 I'm always so shocked when you dislike covers, because you're so much more positive and generous than the rest of us complainers!!! :shock:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarajevoblues
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->