US Elle March 2014 : Dakota Johnson by Carter Smith

catherine88

Reaction score
50 Shades of Grey's Dakota Johnson Revs Up for the Role of a Lifetime

What's it like to be a 24-year-old starring in the most anticipated film of the decade? Only Fifty Shades of Grey's Dakota Johnson would know. Meet the third-generation Hollywood actress as she revs up for the role of a lifetime.
v6oyeg.jpg

elle.com

Where did her neck go on the cover? It almost looks like they photoshopped her head on someone's body. Awful.

I'm not that familiar with her, but I am pretty sure she is more beautiful than she looks here. Right? Surely, because she looks about as sexy as a dead fish.

My first thought was that her head is photoshopped. A LOT! Look at her hair and face. I don't like it.
Too much trying to look sexy and hot.

It´s an interesting cover, if only because it has a set... the movie is year away though, isn´t it too soon for a cover? right now, how many people knows who she is?

Probably line on the cover "Meet Dakota Johnson..." suggests she's gonna be next year most talking name on the planet and now it's time to know her more.

Am I right in thinking she's Melanie Griffiths and Antonio's
daughter...?

^ No, Melanie and Don Johnson are her parents.

What a horrible cover image, is it sub?

Also i find it pretty ridiculous they have her on the cover because of the movie she is about to be in. Its crazy how much credit some other celebs have to attain to be considered for the covers, especially women of color in Hollywood.

This reminds me when US Vogue put Sienna Miller on the cover the first time, only because she was Jude Law's girlfriend, and was about to star in Factory Girl, a movie that bombed with audience, and critics alike!

The cover concept is very un-US Elle, but I really like it. Unfortunately, i can't say the same for the image of Dakota. Just doesn't work for me, too sexy of a pose and she's not pulling it off.

I'm not sure about it yet. I haven't read the book (and I don't plan to), so I'm not interested in the movie either. It's interesting that it's not a typical studio shot, but I'm not so thrilled about it.

I'm mostly confused why she's already getting covers if the movie isn't out yet for another year.

Also, on the cover she's no neck monster so that's no good.

I love the concept and the styling, but the whole head/neck situation is just distractingly weird looking. Still, it's a fresh face, a unique concept for an Elle US cover, and it will probably sell like hotcakes.

Sadly, I think they're right about the movie being being so anticipated, though. It was a crazy phenomenon, EVERYONE knows what 50 Shades of Grey is, and I'm sure everyone who read the book and liked it will see the movie, plus people who are curious but don't want to invest the time in reading the books.

With a few subtle changes (mostly the hair) this would have been a great cover. I really wish this wasn't for 50 shades though (the only book I would burn if I had a choice, lol). Dakota was ridiculously charming on her short-lived tv show, Ben and Kate, so the fact that she's gaining recognition with this project is a bit of a bummer.

They actually managed to make her look attractive.

i thought the thread read "dakota fanning" then when i seen the cover im like, "oh- her hair is brown now?! wait. that ain't her face" hahahah

Such an awkward head placement

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookbabe001
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->