US InStyle November 2018 : Tracee Ellis Ross by Horst Diekgerdes

serendipity8777

Reaction score
Ezhho5eT_o.png

InStyle's IG

I adore Tracee Ellis so I cannot fault any of this. I love the newsstand cover, its breeziness and the pop of fuschia; this many subscribers covers aren't necessary though. Everyone's jumping on the multi-cover-for-social-media bandwagon and it is getting exhausting.

Photographer: Horst Diekgerdes
Fashion Editor: Karla Welch
Hair: Lacy Redway
Makeup: Tiina Roivainen

instyle.com

How is it that magazines can't seem to take the perfect shot of someone as graceful and stylish as her? I like the newsstand cover a lot, but it needed cropping. And since the background is blurred and as such there would be nothing to see, billow that dress a bit more and get her to pose less stiffer. The photographer missed the boat with this one. Something like this would work better:

Source: Pinterest.com

Loved seeing her in the pink Valentino gown at the Emmy's, but this looks very cheap, especially the Instyle font.

For how many years now has Horst been producing uneventful unexceptional photography? If they can’t hire an A List photog they could at least give a chance to a new talent.

What is up with that blue net over her mouth?

Im guessing subscribers covers keep the advertisers happy?

Agree with everyone here. Ellis image is a great high fashion material and when you fail with her involved... The shoot with the yellow skirt is the best one IMO.
I like the 'trendy Ellis', but I wanna see the glamorous and effortless Ellis! :judge:

On very rare occasions do full-length cover images work, and unfortunately this is not one of them.

The styling doesn't do Tracee Ellis Ross justice here, at all. She looks like a fashion victim playing dress-up throughout the cover story, not comfortable or at ease whatsoever. A real hideous selection of outfits too... like it was all the magazine could get their hands on. Yikes!

Got this in the mail today. 188 pages.

Review:

"All Stars"
P: Martin Schoeller
S: Ryan Young
Various WNBA players

"Suit Up"
P: Phil Poynter
S: Vanessa Chow
M: Liu Wen

"Sterling Reputation"
P: Robbie Fimmano
S: Sean Knight
Sterling K. Brown

"Calling All Angels"
P: Tung Walsh
S: Julia von Boehm
Chloe Grace Moretz, Laura Harrier, Sophie Turner

"Long Live the Queen"
P: Jennifer Livingston
Interview and some BTS photos from the play about her

Aside from the styling, the lighting in the photographs is very pedestrian-looking. With a Jaime Hawkesworth, or Annemarieke Van Drimmelen-like lighting, the shots could've come off a lot more cinematic and less Instagram-level insipidity.

I can't keep track with Louis Vuitton's muses! Yes to Laura Harrier, and Chloe Grace Moretz' agent deserve an award for being able to secure her all these blue chip fashion brands.

"Calling All Angels"
P: Tung Walsh
S: Julia von Boehm
Chloe Grace Moretz, Laura Harrier, Sophie Turner

InStyle Digital Edition

Love seeing Liu Wen get coverage by a major American magazine! I've always felt she didn't get the attention she deserved so its great to see how her career's going as of late.
And I guess this means Chloe has jumped ship from Coach if she's now an LV girl...maybe this is Nicolas' attempt at revenge after they poached Selena Gomez :lol: Thanks for the uploads!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waldzios
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->