Photo Gordon Parks
Models Veruschka, Brigitta af Klerker, Brigitte Bauer, Unknown
Hair Taula, House of Revlon, Alfredo of Via Veneto

Beauty Bulletin | New Girl on the Beauty Scene | More About Hair
Photo William Klein, Irving Penn
Models Audrey Hepburn, Brigitte Bauer
Hair Kenneth

vogue archive

Audrey Hepburn actually modeled, I mean she was a huge movie star, but she did so many covers, and editorials, and print work, it is actually shocking. I read her son say if all her shoots were combined she spent 3 years being photographed. :shock: I guess that goes to show celebs doing countless shoots is nothing new. Of course Hepburn was not just a celeb doing dress up. She was lovely in print.

Gorgeous, gorgeous issue :grayheart::grayheart:.. if I could pick another time to have been born in, I would pick the early 40s, world war arrival lol, they experienced their 20s in the 60s, with all of this exuberance and excitement for modernity, freedom, curiosity for other cultures, and fashion constantly being pushed to new limits.

Love Folie Désertique and its unapologetic opulence and extravagance, and that they went with color for that (unlike the majority of the other stories). Same for Iran, those pictures of Isfahan are soo beautiful... you just know the photographers went a little nuts with the ceilings, as you should!.. I have never felt more spirituality and goosebumps than inside these Silk Road beauties (and I was raised Catholic and not even sure who's Mohammed and who's Allah but.. felt all the :whiteheart::dizzystar:). I know the Shah did some awful stuff but it's so sad how exile profoundly impacted that family even decades later, and how the alternative was no better..

Also cool to see Audrey's modeling, and Françoise was just divine.. she and her husband really captured the spirit of the times. And I love these angles from below that were so popular back then, I think that's why the new issue of Vogue Australia doesn't bother me as much, it flopped, but their intentions with Margot were coming from a good place. :grinningwsweat:

justaguy you are the best. Thank you for your hard work.
don't you have these pages from this issue?
upload_2023-7-22_13-46-11.jpegupload_2023-7-22_13-46-11.jpegupload_2023-7-22_13-46-11.jpeg

Fabrics–What Looms Large
Photo Irving Penn
Models Wilhelmina Cooper, Veruschka, Unknown

vogue archive

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back