US Vogue January 2010 : Rachel McAdams by Mario Testino

the cover really set a tone with me, this issue is relatively regular. which isnt good. everything should be spectacular.

Wow Luxx you are on a roll...I'm very surprised to see Vanderperre in US Vogue (not lying, I was just considering the notion of him working in US Vogue in the future a couple of days ago...) Lara looks wonderful and it'll be interesting to read the article.

But :buzz: M.I.A looks out of this world, what a great portrait (even though I've just expressed my dislike for I&V several minutes ago :smile:)...:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
This might be one of Norman's best contributions to Vogue. I really think this story is beautiful and fun, the only drawback (for me at least) is the strange hair in some of the shots. Raquel is so lovely but the hair is a bit gimmicky for my tastes - that said there is a lot of color and life in this edit.

I think that is pretty much the whole issue, if I've left something out that you'd like to see just let me know. :flower:

Date With Destiny
Ph. Norman Jean Roy
Fashion Editor: Tonne Goodman
Hair: Duffy
Makeup: Yumi

Image Credit | Scanned by Me from Vogue US January 2010

^ Wow, stunning! Thanks for posting!

Luxx is the illest!! thanks for all the scans. love the raquel edit.

Thanks Luxx:flower:
Raquel's editorial is in a totally different league to anything else in this magazine. Totally fetching and very charming:heart:

I really like Raquel's ed but I don't feel like it's 100% original. There's a certain Testino/Klein/Elgort vibe.

Do any of the eds have any Prada clothes? Sasha's ed seems like it's missing Prada.

^It wouldn't make sense since the ed features designers working for the houses with a heritage.

Thanks for the reply! But what do you mean by houses with heritage?

The houses of the great couturiers containing a huge tradition like Givenchy, Balenciaga or Burberry. It's all about the new vision nowadays with respecting the past of the founders. Miuccia Prada who has always been and still is designing clothes for Prada doesn't really belong here :smile:

I seriously love Raquel's editorial, it's so whimsical and charming. I especially love the shot of her in the tree

i find the inclusion of Lara's article into this magazine completely insincere. :ermm:

proenza dress looks so fresh in that raquel ed's. its becoming my favorite from that collection...

Raquel's editorial looks nice and charming, I really like the shot in Derek Lam. That shot with Daria is really nice as well, she looks superb in vibrant colours.
I'm a bit disappointed that MIA only has one shot, a couple more would of been nice. Thanks Luxx!

vvvvv good start to 2010 adore raquel and daria's editorials

I just received my issue in the mail... I looked through it in about 30 minutes and got all of the info I needed. The piece on Lara is good, but much too short! I was expecting something much lengthier! Also, Sasha's editorial is fun, and I really appreciate all of the info-blurbs on the houses' histories, but it is nothing spectacular. The styling feels very do-it-yourself and the hip rock band guys do nothing but stand in the background awkwardly and distract from the edit. This edit does, however, showcases Sasha's versatility as a model and once again proves that she is one of the most skilled models working today. Probably my most favorite part of the issue was the decade overview of fashion. It is an extremely informative profile that showcases both the best-dressed women and the most memorable looks/trends of the decade. Overall, this is a standard issue of Vogue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->