US Vogue May 2016 : Taylor Swift by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

MagFan

Reaction score

instagram.com/voguemagazine

Last edited by a moderator:
Vogue's instagram has the full cover. I actually like it. I think she looks great

It's like a loop of same Pop & Movie stars OVER, and OVER again, sigh!

Although at least this is an unexpected cover for them, so kudos for trying something new with her.

For two consecutive months are singer? also M&M?

Photographers: Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott
Fashion Editor: Tonne Goodman
Hair: Shay Ashual
Makeup: Aaron de Mey

vogue.com

I love the styling (although those platform boots are used in excess) and the red backdrop of the cover is truly dramatic, but I just can't get past that hair. Yikes

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks like Sia.. but i like it. i wish one of the green ones from the Editorial was the real cover though.

theres something about it that makes me keep looking at the editorial over and over again. But at the same time I feel like its missing something

She is NOT selling me the styling, and vibe of that ed, its just not something she pulled off.

What an eyesore. The cropping is terrible. And those boots...

I'm so sick to death of pop stars on Vogue. And I dont really see what's so exceptional about this makeover, she hardly looks that different.
American Vogue should stick to location imagery for their covers, that's what sets them apart from the rest of the studio backdrops of the international editions.

WHAT is going on with where her hand is resting on her leg on the cover?! The more I stare at it the weirder it looks. Also "as you've never seen her before" if the best way they were able to achieve that was through awful hair and the weird posing and awkward facial expressions...her discomfort is palpable.

I wasn't expecting Taylor Swift to get a third cover so soon! I can't believe I'm saying this, but the cover is AMAZING (I don't even like Taylor AT ALL)!!!! From the wig to the styling I love it.

I love what they did with her. Changed her look completely! This is her best cover to date and Vogue is winning another month. 5 straight months of amazing covers (a step up from last years covers). In my opinion this is the best year of cover images since 2011 & 2012 (probably because Testino has been away).

Can we get even a few months rests before she releases another album? And are singers really getting two covers for the same album nowadays?! She should seriously be laying low right now.

Tragic. She's always a letdown to me when comes to these fashion magazine shoot. And this is probably the wrost, awkward pose, ugly wig, tacky outfits... I can't stand her facial expression in pic 3.

Uh...she got a cover for co-chairing the Met Gala 2016.

Oh so that is why she is on the cover? So silly, i was wondering just like ADC, does she have a new album out, already?!

Probably not that soon, she just ended her 1989 era by the "New Romantics" music video last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loquillinben
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->