US Vogue October 2005 : Gwyneth Paltrow by Mario Testino

iluvjeisa said:
mmm...what about the quote "I have something that is so real" *cough*

I looove the cover but the quote really makes me nauseated.

Geez, don't we all have something so real? My life is more real than I can stand most of the time ... :lol:

I put some scans of Gwyneth's interview in her star style thread if anyone is interested.:flower: I think she pulls off the Chanel pink dress way better than Charlize does in Harper's.

em 692 said:
Is it just me or is Vouge becoming overrated :innocent:

I agree with you too em! US Vogue is dull compared with Italian, French, and British Vogue....
I agree with everyone else....VOGUE is for MODELS not for CELEBRITIES [that gush about how "real" they are] !

i like the cover. and the editorial :heart: :heart: ..she looks amazing imo.

img08.jpg

my review

cover: gwyneth in dior haute couture by mario testino

noteable ads:
blackgama 4 pg. (elle macpherson)
brioni 1 pg. (guinevere)
ramosport 1 pg. (tetyana)
valentino 1 pg. (marta)
barneys ny 4 pg. (anja)
raymond weir 3 pg. (charlize theron)
godiva 4 pg. foldout (sophie dahl)
zac posen for wolford 1 pg. (paz de la huerta)

eds:
"gwyneth takes paris" by mario testino, styled by tonne goodman. gwyneth in the best of couture...you can see the pics at style.com. she looks happy, healthy, glowing.

"scotland yards" by mario testino. at home with model stella tennant. one of my favorite models ever, she looks fantastic here, posing among her children and husband. cutest pic: she in a martin margiela trench, her kids in burberry trenches.

"made for walking" by arthur elgort. lisa cant pics up where caroline trentini left off...cute floral frocks photographed outside. rather boring.

also:

index: flight plan: jacquetta wheeler shows you how to take off for 48 hours and still look chic (paris, tuscany, the mountains, and manhattan)

"class, pictured" inside the world of vuitton, portrait of marc jacobs with his team by norman jean roy.

"super brides," portraits by jonathan becker. the trials and tribulations of three (socialite) brides: plum sykes (in alexander mcqueen), eleanor lembo (in zac posen), and vanessa von bismark (in derek lam).

"rapunzel calling" portrait of ruslana by craig mcdean. the cult of long hair.

beauty: iman and liya kebede talk shop
view: couture report 7 pg.
life with andre: claire danes, star of "shopgirl"
girl of the moment: jennifer connelly
trend of the moment: narciso rodriguez
people are talking about: jason schwartzman, of shopgirl

verdict: as visually stimulating as the gwyneth paltrow ed is (much better than her last vogue appearance), the rest of this issue falls miserably flat. unless you're a fan of lisa cant (or gwyneth), i'd say skip it. 1.5 out of 5.

Luckily I'm a fan of both Gwyneth and Lisa Cant :wub:

Thanks for review kimair! And thanks for posting that photo Mullet :woot: I can't wait to see the rest!

I liked the Lisa Cant editorial. Otherwise this issue was pretty boring. Gwenyth sounds like a snot :yuk:

For my opinion the ed of Gwyneth Paltrow are beautiful have a mix of style very great

Who have any photo of the ed of Stella Tennant?

got the issue today (as late as always.....) and find it rather boring...
Gwyneth was done before, so was Stella, and the lisa gant ed is so boring i barely gave it much attention.....
overall, this issue is one of the most disappointing ones in a long time, really, even the articles don't make up for it.....and why did they have to feature 3 (!) weddings??!

just the haute couture report was really worth the price!

I'm so sick of celebrities..Bring the models back.

I hope someone will get it..

I guess they have to sell their magazines because they assume everyone wants to read about celebs..

Ms Wintour..are you there.....:shifty:

Last edited by a moderator:
the lisa cant ed, pics by arthur elgort...from style.com

img01.jpg

img02.jpg

img03.jpg

img04.jpg

img05.jpg

img06.jpg

I love the Lisa Cant editorial even though it's not as "fresh," but find the Gwyneth article a huge snooze (sad, cause I'm sort of a fan).

Scans of Lisa's ed;

scanned by me

Beautiful Ruslana
ph.Craig McDean

:cry::heart:Try scanning that one without shedding a tear...:cry:
scanned by me

This is actually one of my favorite magazine covers of all time. I love the Botticelli appeal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foussman
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->