US Vogue October 2018 : Lady Gaga by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Could have been better, but oh well. At least its not bad.

As for the stormy daniels thing. It was bound to happen.

Last edited:
Overall this isn't bad, just underwhelming.
That kind of cover shot only works if you have great beauty, and she doesn't.
The one of her lying on the grass is the best one, even if it's a bit reductive.:wink:

This cover and last month's have both been underwhelming for sure. September's was all sorts of horrible.

don't know why but at first glance i thought this was Sarah Silverman in a Helen Mirren wig?

Tonne Goodman is still probably pissed that she was demoted hence the outcome of this issue.

Awful! She looks like a half drunk mess at some random funeral, the colors are so sad it feels like life has been drained out of her, the cleavage is just in poor taste, those brows are a big NO. That profile shot should never have been printed, she couldn't look more unfortunate. Only god knows why she acquired this hollywood siren on a budget style, it doesn't look good on her and it ages her by a decade. In summary these type of images should have been left on Instagram where they belong.

Is Stormy Daniels still a thing? I really didn't care about what she had to tell the first time around. This is a fashion magazine from what I gather, do fashion right and then you can write about whatever.

P.S: What has this magazine come to? Giving Gaga control over her cover dress? She isn't even liked anymore, talking about the general public not some easily impressed critics over at Venice.

Last edited:
Erm... she usually poses really well but here there is hardly a shot where she is really killing it...

It’s a very strange juxtaposition because it is meant to be relaxed and sort of natural but feels completely unnatural...

Awful! She looks like a half drunk mess at some random funeral, the colors are so sad it feels like life has been drained out of her, the cleavage is just in poor taste, those brows are a big NO. That profile shot should never have been printed, she couldn't look more unfortunate. Only god knows why she acquired this hollywood siren on a budget style, it doesn't look good on her and it ages her by a decade. In summary these type of images should have been left on Instagram where they belong.

Is Stormy Daniels still a thing? I really didn't care about what she had to tell the first time around. This is a fashion magazine from what I gather, do fashion right and then you can write about whatever.

P.S: What has this magazine come to? Giving Gaga control over her cover dress? She isn't even liked anymore, talking about the general public not some easily impressed critics over at Venice.

Gaga's one of Anna's favs. Just like Sienna Miller, Blake Lively.... any excuse to put them on the cover, she'll take it

I got excited but this is just disappointing. What an unflattering shot.

This is a tragic boring cover. Terrible. The 4th shot on #24 would have been something so much different from Vogue US. It wouldn't have saved the rest of the editorial (also as boring as they come) but at least the cover would "pop".

I won't blame Lady Gaga, because the poses are fine and her body and face actually look fine, but I blame Inez & Vinoodh for not doing their job - her facial expressions are awkward, lighting is bad and, finally, whoever is responsible for styling - even if you go for a simple look, this is not how you make Gaga look.

At this point she should go back to Steven Klein or try to make better friends with someone like Mert & Marcus.

.... try to make better friends with someone like Mert & Marcus.

.....which would automatically fall out of favour with Madonna, and we all know they live for their names associated with her. But it should be interesting to see what they'll do with her, just to rattle Madonna's cage. Lol.

.....which would automatically fall out of favour with Madonna, and we all know they live for their names associated with her. But it should be interesting to see what they'll do with her, just to rattle Madonna's cage. Lol.

Mert and Marcus shot her September cover in 2012.

Mert and Marcus shot her September cover in 2012.

Well aware of that. Including her Versace campaign. Although, ever since they've been heavily involved with Madonna, the collabs with Gaga became virtually nonexistent. Coincidence?

.....But it should be interesting to see what they'll do with her, just to rattle Madonna's cage. Lol.

Blonde and Brows.. still rattling Madonna's cage... ha ha

ZU29gaWk_o.jpg

Her transformation into this raw, unfussy-looking star does make sense considering her recent trajectory as a Hollywood ingenue. However, if they are really going for that, why not go all the way by shooting a close-up of her face. Hire Hedi to do it in black and white, as derivative as that sounds, it would be a lot better looking than I&V's insipid, half-baked offering here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->