US Vogue September 2012 : Lady Gaga by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Bought it yeasterday, first of all I was unpleasantly surprised of the poor quality of the cover paper - it is very thin and without the "shiny layer"

The models' pages was a lack of respect from Vogue: a mere 5 pages shown the models who made what the magazine's aesthetic is nowadays, the iPad shown a better version actually because the pics are in full-page mode, whereas in the mag they crunched the pics in one page with 4 models and yeah really bad!

... and that, too.

one of the most beautiful photos that I've seen in vogue lately (riccardo tisci & rooney mara) is a half page size ... why?!? they were afraid that september issue would be too big if it's one or two page size?

but it's ok to molest readers with 750 FULL pages of ad's.

Bought it yeasterday, first of all I was unpleasantly surprised of the poor quality of the cover paper - it is very thin and without the "shiny layer"
That drove me insane, it also resulted in many of the issues being damaged, torn and color spilled, i was shocked the quality was the same as Glamour covers. (of course i forgot it was the same thing last year) The issue is not their best, but i certainly found some nice things in there.

How can I get this issue when the new one is already on newsstands? is there a place in NYC where I can buy old issues? or should I ask the newsstand guy for it?

Photo Mert & Marcus
Editor Grace Coddington
Model Lady Gaga
Hair Luigi Murenu
Makeup Lucia Pieroni

vogue archive

One Enchanted Evening
Photo Peter Lindbergh
Editor Grace Coddington
By Hamish Bowles
Models Aymeline Valade, Bette Franke, Elza Luijendijki, Zuzanna Bijoch
Hair Julien d'Ys
Makeup Stéphane Marais

vogue archive

The Custom of the Country
Photo Annie Leibovitz
Editor Grace Coddington
By Colm Tóibín
Case Natalia Vodianova, Anna Bahlmann, Juno Temple, Jeffrey James, Jack Hudson, Elijah Wood, Nate Lowman, Mamie Gummer, Junot Dias, Jonathan Safran Foer, Maxfield Parrish, Max Minghella, James Corden
Hair Julien d'Ys
Makeup Stéphane Marais

vogue archive

Waiting in the Wings
Photo Mario Testino
Editor Tonne Goodman
By Jonathan Van Meter
Subject Chelsea Clinton
Hair Orlando Pita
Makeup Stéphane Marais

vogue archive

The Vogue 120
Photo Norman Jean Roy
Editor Camilla Nickerson, Hamish Bowles, Lawren Howell, Tabitha Simmons...
Cast Alexander Wang, A$AP, Kati Nescher, Dylan Rieder, Zoë Kravitz, Azealia Banks, Raf Simons, Diane Kruger, Sarah Burton, Christopher Bailey, Stella McCartney, Karen Elson, Stella Tennant, Claudia Schiffer, Peter Copping, Erdem Moraliogu, Emilia Clarke, Ruth Wilson, Riccardo Tisci, Rooney Mara, Phoebe Philo, Marie Piovesan, Jennifer Lawrence...
Hair Eugene Souleiman, Brianna Shehee, Claudio Belizario, Martin Cullen, Jamal Hammadi, Tim Rogers...
Makeup Alice Lane, Florrie White, Gucci Westman, Yumi, Virginia Young...

vogue archive

French Open
Photo Oberto Gili, Norman Jean Roy
Editor Hamish Bowles
By Plum Sykes
Subject Lauren Santo Domingo
Hair Claudio Belizardo
Makeup Christine Cobel

vogue archive

Pin It On
Photo Dodie Kazanjian

vogue archive