US Vogue Summer 2024 : Kendall Jenner by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

I actually like a lot of the images for once, I just wish it wasn’t Kendull. There are enough nepo baby models out there that surely we can leave her behind at this point.

To me, it's not the fact that Kendall is here and getting magazine covers. If the world is run by followers, so be it; however, could you throw a bone to some of the more commercial models who can actually model and have a sizable following? Where are the bookings for models like Miranda Kerr, Rosie HW, Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Taylor Hill, Sara Sampaio, etc. etc. What gets me is the hypocrisy that VS/SI was deemed sooo commercial and lowbrow, and yet here we are giving covers to whomever had a relative on reality TV.

Again perhaps diversity is just what we're looking for and we're upset that even in this DEI age, nothing is actually that diverse AND good. Are you telling me Paloma is the only fuller sized model you could find to champion? Precious and Ashley Graham are certainly better models, but they don't compare to Crystal Renn. It's all just gone down hill across the board.

Even for the veterans, I feel like it's just Irina, Naomi, and Mariacarla on repeat with an occasional sprinkling of Karlie, Karen Elson, and Liu Wen. Can we not get Karolina Kurkova?

I was just thinking earlier today, the opportunities Crystal Renn would have had, if she'd been working in the current era.

OK, I kinda love this! Not the biggest Kendall Jenner fan but I've always said Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott bring out the best in her, and this is even more proof. Absolutely love the cover. It's sultry, sexy and ushers in summer perfectly. So many fabulous photographs from Jenner's accompanying story too, especially the Louis Vuitton and Jacquemus shots!

American Vogue has now given me two fantastic covers in a row. Anna Wintour seems to have given Vogue a new lease of life, now Enninful's British Vogue is no longer a threat.

Edward never been a fan of Kendall or Kim and sisters. If he land someday to American Vogue, Kardashians might be in trouble. Tought I tolerate way more Kim's print work.

She is celebrity model. Btw trash Kim as much as you want but the whole world knows for her and for real models few millions, if that… People like celebrities, that’s why that culture exists… so the answer why is Anna pushing her is simple, very simple. She sells, few Vogue covers were twice printed when she was gracing the cover. And she might be boring to you, but guuurl she is tall, hot, sexy, rich and beautiful.

I am big fan of all great models like Daria, Natasha, Liya… but I do like Kendall. She has a soft spot with me. So just stop hating Kendall on forums. Just face it, she will snatch 100 Vogues like nothing. She will be here for looong time, whether you like it or not!

Actually I don't have to like her lol, that's where you're wrong, it's not mandatory just yet thanks god. When I decide to like and support good professional fashion models, I do it for simple reasons:
- because they make me want to see more of them,
- because I buy magazines when the top ones appear on,
- because they are interesting to read and have life experiences,
- because universally speaking it's a fact that ''these'' top girls really are good at their job,
- because they have the face and bodies that are almost perfect and are rewarded coz of this.

No, I don't like Kendall:
- she looks very average,
- she's shallow,
- she's insecure,
- she doesn't like being a model and has said so many times,
- she's just ''there''
- she doesn't want to do ''too many'' jobs,
- she doesn't make the clothes look better,
- she's not the sharpest tool in the shed,
- she doesn't EMOTE in her face or with her body

Will you ever try to compare her to Natasha Poly or Gemma Ward or Coco Rocha??? No, you can't coz you know deep inside she would lose.

Some people here have decided ''one day'' lol to support her coz she's the flavour of the month and she's a media known person and tell all the others that we ''just'' want to hate on her. It is beyond ludacris ahahaha. I don't hate her, she's indifferent to me. I simply cannot and will not (no matter how many times ''Anna-should-have-retired-a-long-time-ago-Wintour'' wants to put her on the cover, especially since the last decade when a Vogue cover doesn't mean the same thing at the last generation of bonafide supermodels from the 90's or the 2000), compare her to the trinity or the 2000's models. People should take a few minutes before trying to compare Kendall to the extremely hard working models like Daria Werbowy, Gisele, Isabeli Fontana, Raquel Zimmermann or any of the top fashion girls really who have been inspiring most of us here to buy magazines or watch a runway show because these fantastic models were in it.

Any of the top girls but NOT these influencers / nepo girls / kardashians whatever. Nope. Not on my watch.

Ugh, I'm already bored. It's going to be a long summer till August.

It's pretty, yes, but only because of the work of Mert & Marcus. Kendall has yet to really deliver on her own.

Great cover, LOVE the by-line. Congrats to Kendall on this cover, this is one of her best editorials. The shot of her against the orange with the gold earrings, I just know, was considered for the cover. But they made the right choice. So pretty.

And they chose that photo for the cover. Looks like Vogue Hong Kong.

She normally manages one tolerable cover and editorial a year so I guess this is it

She's ok here but she is not giving range. Her versatility is girl nextdoor and she should just give it a rest. Like girl you are a Kardashian. You had a reality TV deal before you even start your career. Suck it up and move on.

Stunning cover! Evokes summer and I bet its going to look awesome on the stands. Love the editorial too, you can tell that they tapped onto into her insta persona than the high fashion persona they try to force on her. She models the natural effortless or commercial beauty/fashion look better and I believe she fills that space perfectly. Its also time for us fashion people to realize that nepo and insta famous models are here to stay because covers need to sell and they are the new 90s supers or 2000s celebs. Its always funny seeing people wishing for the 2000s celebs and models that at the time were deemed monotonous and Anna's pets.

another unpublished shot from the editorial, there are 19 photos, will we find them all within the issue? I hope so, Kendall's editorials for Vogue US are always long, I don't particularly love Kendall and family but it's a good editorial for the 'summer.I would really like Mario Testino, Bruce Weber, Steven Klein, Craig McDean, Inez & Vinoodh, Mikeal Jansson, David Sims to return to the pages of Vogue (all passed between Harper and Elle)

Screenshot_20240510_140246_Instagram.jpg

I wonder if this will be a US-only story, or will it be reprinted widely? March's Prada story was everywhere, but I can't remember seeing April's Coco Gauss or May's Zendaya shoots anywhere else.

Whatever I could say about Kendall, there could be far worse content reprinted throughout all the June-July editions of other Vogues. And there probably will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riska21
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->