US Vogue Summer 2024 : Kendall Jenner by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

That's a great summer cover.

Death death behind the eyes, as usual. Thanks for proving us right again, girl.

I like the editorial. It's less frigid than the usual Vogue US cover story.

When the video is styled about a million times better than the cover story, lolz, keep on sucking Vogue

she looks good on the cover (however, we do want a model covering US Vogue to look terrific, fantastic, gorgeous, etc etc…) and there are good shots on the editorial.
it is, nonetheless, slightly underwhelming because there are good photos where we can see effort and some others where she isn’t giving us much.

I think we should forget that real fashion models would land the cover of American Vogue. The same magazine that put Stella Tennant, Amber Valletta, Kate Moss, and the supers will not return to that formula. Hollywood and social media took magazines as plataform to grow their business and popularity, and it happens the same with movies, series, music, etc. You see the same people involved behind. For example (and this is fictional), it's about promoting a Zendaya movie, with music of Dua Lipa, outfits of Balenciaga, the gen Z brand, and you see them on the cover of Vogue or GQ (whatever). It's a whole industry unified to promote the same people. Saying that, in the case of Kendall is something forced, pushed from Anna Wintour, because she's not an artist or athlete as the rest of the cover subjects of the current Vogue. She's famous because her family, even if she says she hated being filmed. The girl is pretty, has everything to be a legit model, but a decade after, she still takes only a few pictures that are nice. It's a pitty that she's taken the place of zillion girls that can do better (meanwhile you see international editions with Anna Ewers or Imaan Hamman doing summer eds so much better than this). It's one of Wintour's biggest flaws as editor, promoting this girl career and comparing her to Linda Evangelista.

What is truly baffling to me and I think millions of people here or elsewhere who care about fashion and ''real'' models is that we ALL know that girl can't model, she can't pose, she can't emote like Raquel or jump like Caroline or bring true force like Naomi or beauty like Christy. She's just another boring girl who wouldn't be near a Vogue cover or her career if it hadn't been for her sister to do... you know what. So it's CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY still after 10 YEARS indeed Anna (gosh how stilly...) to still push for a girl who actually proves all of us right lol that SHE CAN'T MODEL so let me ask the biggest question in the history of time itself (looool) WHY IS SHE STILL HERE???
You kind of answered your own question. It's not baffling at all. People can say all they want about Anna's power to make or break a star but the reality is that the models who have become icons, were already validated by fashion and/or the public in elsewhere (either in a brand, a show, entertainment, etc), Vogue helps to seal that success but does not single-handedly create it, and when they try to make someone happen just for the sake of it, they produce fiascos like Trentini, Trish Goff, Karen Elson, Lila Moss, Anna Jagodzinska.. just the most pedestrian, bland, vanilla, one-dimensional models who are shoved repeatedly down people's throats in hopes the public accepts them as the spokespeople of all things unattainable and high fashion, when the only thing they represent is the square mind of their creator, especially because due to that insistence that they're the 'absolute best', they never challenge themselves so.. that's Kendall for you 10 years later, one-trick pony Trentini, an expressionless Raquel, and all the others. Anna's disproportional hype never allows them to blossom as models and produce something to compensate for the Aldi cashier looks. Once Anna drops them and moves on, the public automatically forgets them too, because they were never interested to begin with...

I am intrigued on why they insist to plug in Forbes' "highest-paid model" title as if it actually said something on her success as a model. That estimate of her net worth considers all types of income. She was already in the top 5 in like year 2 of her modeling career because she made around 5 million per season in reality TV. That has been her full-time job from day one, modeling is a vanity side gig. Going by their criteria, Margot Robbie is actually the "highest-paid model" because regardless of having made nearly 60 million in 'other ventures', she's technically a model when modeling for Chanel 🙃 .. same for Julia Roberts. I would actually like to know what the income from strictly high-fashion brands (not brands she endorses on sm) amounts to annually. I'm sure it's up there, but doubt it's even top 3..

Back to the cover and story, I actually don't find her that expressionless, she seems slightly more reserved and private in a non-natural and more defensive way probably due to the exhibitionism that surrounds her family, and I think that shows in pictures, a conscious choice to never fully let go for an image. She does look great.. the canthoplasty and the waist-defining lipo gave her the range that was never going to come naturally and it does wonders for garments.

^ god no!. I really think this horrific s*it straight out of blogger.com/lookbook.nu contributed to the death of fashion as we knew it:

trentini1.jpgtrentini2.jpg

(she actually didn't use to be that bad outside of Vogue! David Armstrong did wonders with her).

There's just no way her work is any superior to Kendall's..

The comments in this thread thrashing her are exactly why they put that cover headline lol

It's not rocket science. In this digital day and age, she and her family will sell sh*t whether you like her or not. Stop looking for talented models when the business model has shifted in favor of internet celebrities and influencers. You don't need talent to sell in this climate, either. Case in point: Kendall.

No sorry, I like professional high fashion modeling too much to ''stop caring'' for talented models. It's better to look for the best things in life instead of mediocre, or at least that's how I think. If you think she's just as good as Linda or Christy or Yasmeen then we agree to completely disagree.
It's not rocket science. In this digital day and age, she and her family will sell sh*t whether you like her or not. Stop looking for talented models when the business model has shifted in favor of internet celebrities and influencers. You don't need talent to sell in this climate, either. Case in point: Kendall.

You kind of answered your own question. It's not baffling at all. People can say all they want about Anna's power to make or break a star but the reality is that the models who have become icons, were already validated by fashion and/or the public in elsewhere (either in a brand, a show, entertainment, etc), Vogue helps to seal that success but does not single-handedly create it, and when they try to make someone happen just for the sake of it, they produce fiascos like Trentini, Trish Goff, Karen Elson, Lila Moss, Anna Jagodzinska.. just the most pedestrian, bland, vanilla, one-dimensional models who are shoved repeatedly down people's throats in hopes the public accepts them as the spokespeople of all things unattainable and high fashion, when the only thing they represent is the square mind of their creator, especially because due to that insistence that they're the 'absolute best', they never challenge themselves so.. that's Kendall for you 10 years later, one-trick pony Trentini, an expressionless Raquel, and all the others. Anna's disproportional hype never allows them to blossom as models and produce something to compensate for the Aldi cashier looks. Once Anna drops them and moves on, the public automatically forgets them too, because they were never interested to begin with...

I am intrigued on why they insist to plug in Forbes' "highest-paid model" title as if it actually said something on her success as a model. That estimate of her net worth considers all types of income. She was already in the top 5 in like year 2 of her modeling career because she made around 5 million per season in reality TV. That has been her full-time job from day one, modeling is a vanity side gig. Going by their criteria, Margot Robbie is actually the "highest-paid model" because regardless of having made nearly 60 million in 'other ventures', she's technically a model when modeling for Chanel 🙃 .. same for Julia Roberts. I would actually like to know what the income from strictly high-fashion brands (not brands she endorses on sm) amounts to annually. I'm sure it's up there, but doubt it's even top 3..

Back to the cover and story, I actually don't find her that expressionless, she seems slightly more reserved and private in a non-natural and more defensive way probably due to the exhibitionism that surrounds her family, and I think that shows in pictures, a conscious choice to never fully let go for an image. She does look great.. the canthoplasty and the waist-defining lipo gave her the range that was never going to come naturally and it does wonders for garments.

I need to breathe ahahahaha you actually, truly, really and sincerely want to tell me that when you see a model of the calibre of Raquel Zimmermann you don't feel a single thing??? Truly??? :shock::shock::shock: You don't see her chameleon skills or her powerful runway walk or every single editorial where SHE BRINGS IT and you want to believe Kendall is a better model??? I'm dead.

Y'all then... Oh well, then I guess it must be a gen Z kind of a thing, I cannot explain it otherwise. Some models we can ALL obviously not see the same things, but... Raquel??? I simply cannot truthfully believe that you're not able to appreciate / validate Raquel's blue chip jobs in her entire career and the precision she brings to her moves and her eyes and how she subtly changes and emote EVERY character. Even supermodel Linda Evangelista said that she sees herself in Raquel and has tremendous respect for her.

Read the last sentence of my post and then read it again slowly.
If you think she's just as good as Linda or Christy or Yasmeen then we agree to completely disagree.

You can keep crying about seeing the likes of Kendall getting booked and that's not gonna change anytime soon. Why do you think Miuccia hired her and Gigi for Prada? Their names bring engagement and exposure to their clients which other models can't do. Not even Raquel or Trentini no matter how talented you think they are.

Like somehow defending Anna's choices is less crazy than complaining about the actual slop she's peddling. Do you really think the Gen Z crowd buys magazines? LOL. Nice try.

I don't think Raquel or Trentini are talented, it's not a personal thought. They are talented because they trully are! And Anna knows it. The thing is Anna back in the days was pretty selective as an editor, even she made a few exceptions. But now she seems more open. It could be nice, is not all a disaster. But when she compared Kendall with Linda (I mean, LINDA!!!!), she's pushing for something that can be insulting to the past, when the girls worked damn hard to being in the position they were.

^ doesn't mean she did not work hard! IYKYK.

I need to breathe ahahahaha you actually, truly, really and sincerely want to tell me that when you see a model of the calibre of Raquel Zimmermann you don't feel a single thing??? Truly??? :shock::shock::shock: You don't see her chameleon skills or her powerful runway walk or every single editorial where SHE BRINGS IT and you want to believe Kendall is a better model??? I'm dead.
No, feel nothing, but do see one thing that's admittedly always gotten in the way for me, not sure how to sugar-coat it but: horse-face. She also did not have features nor a body I found aspirational or memorable, and I seriously can't recall any editorial that made me go 'wow!'. Just.. full immunity.

All these think pieces over a Kendall Jenner cover. Oh she's got a lot of people in here pressed your honor 😂🤭

Think pieces? These are comments on an internet message board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->