Valentino S/S 09 Paris

val21.jpg

val22.jpg

val23.jpg

val24.jpg

val25.jpg

getty

I will admit, I still looks as though she was still finding the middle ground in designing the collection, but I see quite a few really amazing pieces.

This is so, so beautiful. Can't believe she's leaving?

knowing that she has to go, i can look at that catastrophe on taryn and smile...^_^

this is beautiful

ugh, why is she leaving, she is so promising! this is the second times its happened to her, its like she's a plant or something

Some of its a bit hit/miss but I do think she was heading in a good direction. Its fresh, i love the (very UN-Valentino) raw edges, and jewel toned satin, kinda reminds me of Roksanda Ilincic a tiny bit.

There are some beautiful moments here, and the staging is just exquisite. It might just be the photographs but it seems to be a very melancholy show. So sad...

Allessandra was really great for Valentino, there was this almost science-fiction meets classical romanticism vision that was devoid of cliche and costume but instead infused the brand with a new meaning. I guess the owners still want the 80's rich b*tch look for the house...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is really good....it's so soft, feminine and so desirable! I think it's a really positive collection somehow. It feels as if she is just waving the economic troubles away and isn't concerned about making a statement or being forcefully fashion forward. It is just what it should be: a beautiful collection which would make a woman feel good when she walks out the door wearing some of it. I think it's very sad that she is leaving the house already so soon. This collection shows she is a great designer with knowledge of what women want in their wardrobe. I really hope she establishes a house for herself, that's the only place she'd feel comfortable - or so I imagine - after being waved off at Gucci and Valentino while she was actually performing really well.

A beautiful collection, this. As others have said: soft, pretty, elegant. Very woman-friendly. I'm not really understanding why she's out after only three seasons - I recall her haute couture collection getting very good press - surely it takes a bit more time to settle in? ah fashion world can be so fickle!!

^^I agree with u Mr-Dale she makes clothes that women want to wear, and she doesn't make things more complicated than they should be, it's fashion it's supposed to make you fell and look good:cry::cry::cry:. It's so sad she's leaving I hope she establish her on house.

^^and fashion shouldn't be so fickle, should be fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
NOOO!!
This collection is beautiful,so soft and clean :(
It's a shame that's she already out :judge: :(

Yup, from what is posted so far, she really should be given one more chance.

83102459.jpg

:wub:

And that dress on Anna Selezneva, wow how beautiful! What color is that, like a very soft salmon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Augustina15
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->