Vanity Fair March 2005 : Hollywood Issue by Annie Leibovitz

I couldn't care less for the inside cover. Sienna Miller looks totally out of place - like the stylist's assistent accidentially got inside the frame. The others are kind of blah. The front is just gorgeous though!

Could the idea have been that: Uma, Cate & Kate are like the mama birds (though not in an aged sense...just in an experience and growth sense) - while the fold out actors are the baby birds?... you know what I mean?!...

i was going to say the outside cover had great choices :flower:

Uma!!! :heart:

I wouldnt have gone with Rosario. Kids is the only movie she's been in that I saw and thought was really good (and that was like a billion years ago).

ba
Erin said:
I wish they wouldn't have put Uma in White. I have a question, where's Natalie Portman?

i can tell all of you aren't good vanity fair subscription holders :flower: , she was on the february cover!

The blue and green dresses really pop. They should have had some color on the front of the cover- i am not a big fan of black-black-and-more-BLACK. Blek :yuk:

i think sienna's outifit looks gorge and is the most interesting! i think kate b looks second best

Thankyou for that second version, Kate Bosworth looks gorgeous!

:heart:

They should all be wearing color! It so blah in mostly black. The ones wearing color pop!

lol Why is Sienna practically out of the frame? If they wanted her at least she shld totally be in the picture. Why she's included is beyond me anyway.
Love the green dress and Kate Bosworth's dress looks similar to one that Mischa Barton wore recently? Does it say in the magazine who all the dresses are by?

I look at the full cover and all I think is 'Wow! Blondes abound.'

Thanks for the Daily Mail article on Sienna. I kind of agree with it but don't want to as I hate that newspaper. Like why do they have subtitles?
Anyway, I like the dresses used, agree on the whole not to fashiony thing being good. I really don't like the dramatic poses though, all together it just come of as a bit silly and uncomfortable looking. The choices are fairly good, but I think Natalie Portman, even if she has been on a recent cover, would have diversified the cover, there are lots of blondes.

Tinuviel said:
Love the green dress and Kate Bosworth's dress looks similar to one that Mischa Barton wore recently? Does it say in the magazine who all the dresses are by?

I think that is the exact dress that Mischa wore to I forget where. Love it.

Oh thanks for the cover and insides, I hope to get it next month if it's also a good issue, I have last year's so I'm a bit dissaponted that this year wasn't that luminous and Scarlett Johansson was on last year's cover with a strange pose and a dress of similar color too. Anyways I adore Cate & Kate W looks on the main cover, I think Uma has an usual pose but she is beautiful anyways, I love Claire Danes' dress and pose (yeah, she was really good in Stage Beauty!) Rosario Dawson looks sexy and Kate B. has a dreamy dress, for the rest....well, I think those are wasted spots mostly because of the dresses and well...Sienna Miller....no way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres a thing in the paper today that has high street versions and says what the stars are wearing.

Uma:heart:
Trousers £1,200 Klaus Krehan
Shirt £500 Bergdorf Goodman
Necklace £12,000
Bracelet £9,900
ring £5000 all David Yurman
Belt £550 and boots £1010 both Hermes
Total £30,160

Cate Blanchett:heart:
Dress £8,695 Olivier Theyskens
Bracelet ££1,995 and ring £1,800 from Barneys
Total £12,490