vistelacalle.com

Last edited by a moderator:
COBkVoaWEAAc30L.jpg

revissante.org

6a00e54ecca8b988330168e4b005c9970c-pi

Image Amplified

Last edited by a moderator:
Flashbacks! Thanks for posting this, Ivano! :Pink:

She looked tremendous here, could've been a model actually. Meisel brought out the best in her. Also the collection looked great even if that first dress was EVERYWHERE at the time.

Flashbacks! Thanks for posting this, Ivano! :Pink:

Thank you Benn98! She looks flawless here. I read some comment that Meisel made her cry, because he was so frustrated with her possing. Now I understand why she never had a Vogue cover. Anyway, I always liked her :heart:

Can't believe something so trashy ever got published and that Meisel has got anything to do with it.

Oh well, 2003...

I find that this sort of trashy fits Versace's identity well actually.

Probably my least favourite era for eyebrows though.

I'm old enough to remember Fall 2003 was a superb season, at least for independent designers.. even the bad wasn't that bad and Belgian models were very popular... Belgians=thickest eyebrows (as much as Cara, 10 years later, would like to think she made them cool). Christina Aguilera and her eyebrows were as trashy as it is now... and this was one of the many desperate attempts of Versace to stay relevant as their aesthetic was everything but in that time.

Now that fashion's kind of plummeted, it probably looks like a somewhat successful fashion-celebrity marriage.. or like her image was happening at the time. But no.

Yes! I've been looking for this campaign. Love the first image.

I love everything from the neck down. The lack of makeup and that awful hair drags it down. It's white and dried out, it looks like old lady hair. Technically the photography is great, thanks to Meisel of course.

Thank you Benn98! She looks flawless here. I read some comment that Meisel made her cry, because he was so frustrated with her possing. Now I understand why she never had a Vogue cover. Anyway, I always liked her :heart:

I doubt that. Meisel has always been nurturing and kind with his models. He's also the one directing the poses. Try watching some vids of Nick Knight interviewing models about Meisel :wink:

^ Yeah! I saw all those interviews (loved Karen's and Kristen's; whish there were more). It's a rumor I've read in Meisel's thread. I believe his kindness and respect for models, not doubt!

Amber is also in this campaign... And her part is completely different from Xtina!

No one remembers Amber's part because that what it was - instantly forgettable something. Why was it even needed

Amber's part was pretty unnecessary, none of the clothes she was wearing were the standouts from the fashion show.

Then again, is Christina's part iconic or memorable? She looks ghastly here (those eyebrows get me every time lol).

Then again, is Christina's part iconic or memorable?
Not for me, it was even a surprise when I found out that she had already starred in a Versace campaign, in fact, I found out about it a little while ago.

No matter you like it or not, but this is already a classic inscribed in the book of fashion history :smile:

1.jpg
theplace.ru

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->