whats not to love!

i wonder how they could run this in the US

Versace SS2002
Photographer: Steven Meisel
Stylist: Lori Goldstein
Models: Sharon Ganish, Ana Christina Oliveira, Sebastian Andrieu
image.jpg

source: moda, lorigoldstein.com & me

I really enjoy the crowded composition, that shot of the red boot is such a clever accesory shot. That shot of the male models baring their butts is Meisel at his comedic best.

Such a gorgeous campaign. I can blissfully get lost in this 17 years later as I had when I first saw it... :swoons:

Every single element is so masterfully thought out and propped for maximum impact to keep your eyes on the imagery, until you’re lost in it; every glance, every sway of a strand of hair, every drop of the fabric on the body, every glisten and shimmer on suntanned skin… When fashion photographers had the vision of painters-- and not a pretentious tone to note.

And it seemed like every publication, every designer and every photographer brought their best-- their most inventive and most dreammaking vision for this ideal high fashion Camelot. And what a cast: When there were impossibly high standards and I wouldn’t want it any other way, because that’s the essence of high fashion. It didn’t matter that it was all a dream, an illusion, it was the ultimate great escape and fashion mythology. Such a gorgeous era.

Thanks Scotty

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->