Versace F/W 2018.19 by Steven Meisel

Disappointing. Lazy, boring and uninspired same as last season. The video seems a little better, tho.
I'm so happy for Imaan, Fei Fei, Adut, Yasmin, Aube and Shanelle, by the way. Also Gisele Fox looks incredible!

Interesting the film ends on a Versace-logo-emblema/coin with Donatella's profile on it. Girls just started inconographing herself, Gianni was last season. :cool:

EDIT Praise the Lord for Imaan finally getting her credits, next time OG.

Last edited by a moderator:
it looks like the CK One ads from the 90s. i do wish there were some dynamic close-up group shots so that you could focus on the details/shapes. its like they're selling us the model and not the clothing

lazzy, boring look very Giampaolo Sgura for Asos

lazzy, boring look very Giampaolo Sgura for Asos

It goes without saying that your input in a Meisel thread would be as predictable as that of Lola's in any Karl L/Tom F-related discussion, but you cracked me up because I can actually picture the mediocrity Sgura would cook up for Asos. Lol. And this really is it.

Surprised Mica wasn't included considering the casting directors. The campaign itself is nothing special.

Surprised Mica wasn't included considering the casting directors. The campaign itself is nothing special.

Same reason why Binx isn't in it too, Meisel does not like either. I'm more surprised not seeing Kiki in it. This campaign is crap, and that makes two awful campaigns in a row for them. Not even Imaan could save this, pure trash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meisel is so lazy lately. it just a waste , anyone could ve done these photos. Not even the cast 80 % is not versace at all. I dont undertand why Faretta is not in the campaing. she fits versace as Vitto, sara grace, and the hadids

i love this collection even more now, but i wish this was on a different background than white. it cheapens it.

I mean, I love the cast... for a show. A campaign with 54 models seems pretty pointless. I would've grabbed Adela, Adut and Imaan for the girls, David, Finnlay and João for the boys, and be done with it. The shot itself looks quite catalog-ish, honestly. Not a fan at all.

Horrible cast, empty pictures. Why did he agree to this? Another miss for Versace and a terrible waste of Meisel's talent and a few of these girls.

And with a few I mean Rianne, Imaan, Kris, Fei Fei, Yasmin and Cara.

Julia Nobis in a Versace campaign, LOL.

It looks awful in the thumbnails, but when you open it up to look closer you can see Meisel's signature here. Since he doesn't shoot that much anymore (at least editorially) it's good to see girls like Imaan, Yasmin get another chance at working with him. I think this will make an impact in print; much better than S/S 2018 for me.

And Giampaolo Snooza wishes he could shoot like this on a good day :rolleyes:!

The photoshop is atrocious! Feet overlapping, unfinished edges, and zero sense of perspective. Whoever put this together post-production must be blind, because it looks sloppy and cheap. It's a very lazy offering from Donatella, just like the collections. Does anyone actually want to buy this Versace? It looks so juvenile and not luxurious at all. Where's the class? The sophistication?

the video reminds me the movie "The Human Centipede" :blink::wacko:

I'm more surprised about Kiki and Birgit! Why are there some extremely random models in this but not them?

I guess scheduling conflicts might be the reason.

I am so glad that Donatella is teaching everybody that is Versace, not Versachee. I love this collection and I love this campaign.

Seriously, I'd take the Weber's campaigns anydays instead of this mess.

Umm.. looks like something for GAP.

My thoughts exactly. Plus the clothes are simply atrocious. Donatella would have to pay me to wear this ****, the only thing Meisel managed with this campaign was highlight how bad they individually are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->